Skip to main content

Big Brother House Left To Rot

Wouldn't be surprised if this sparked whomever owns the property to completely demolish the house... Vandalism is becoming more and more popular as videos of the site become more well known to the public... If no action is taken I can see this becoming more of an issue as people become more daring...

Also as much as it's heartbreaking to see the house in this state IMO it's probably for the best... A future rival needed to step away from Dreamworld anyways... Complete destruction means will open the door to other and hopefully better options...

And another: 😭

Wow what a difference between the most recent video... Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if complete demolition was imminent... Not sure when the video you posted was actually shot but judging by the dates the videos were posted they seem to be only weeks apart... Destruction by vandals seems to be growing and if the recent fire was set deliberately it's only a matter of time before someone is successful in setting another...

The urban exploring videos of the house were interesting.

Hmmmmz

I didn't do it! Lol, at least I have a good alibi, being 6000km away.

I suspect someone might have been inspired to do it after seeing those videos.

With people easily tramping through it and setting fires it’s a health and safety concern now.

With people easily tramping through it and setting fires it’s a health and safety concern now.

They've know for months now at least that this was a spot that explorers were flocking to... The only thing that will lead to demolition at this point is the fact that vandals are becoming more and more daring and putting surrounding property at risk... If "health and safety" were concerns for the property owners more would have been done when trips up there first became a thing...

I'm no legal expert, but surely there's no OH&S liability when someone is trespassing into your property?
Like it's not set up as something that's meant to be publicly accessible, so why should anyone give a shit if it's actually safe to be there?

I'm no legal expert, but surely there's no OH&S liability when someone is trespassing into your property?
Like it's not set up as something that's meant to be publicly accessible, so why should anyone give a shit if it's actually safe to be there?

While I'm not going to claim to be a legal expert, I did pay attention my very basic tort law class... Invited or not trespassers are still owed a duty of care from property owners... Meaning property owners cannot knowing keep an unsafe property... Which is why I've been saying that the most likely action in this case is that they'll tear down the house sooner rather than later...

Wouldn't be surprised if this sparked whomever owns the property to completely demolish the house... Vandalism is becoming more and more popular as videos of the site become more well known to the public... If no action is taken I can see this becoming more of an issue as people become more daring...

Also as much as it's heartbreaking to see the house in this state IMO it's probably for the best... A future rival needed to step away from Dreamworld anyways... Complete destruction means will open the door to other and hopefully better options...

Apparently Dreamworld sold off the property/land not long after 2014, sold it to West Farmers I believe. It's a shame really, I think this will destroy all remaining hope of a revival of the series.

That video got a brief plug on The Project tonight, no word about the fire though.

If over 300.000 (wait, now 578,365) people have watched that video why couldn't 10,000 people retweet that tweet about bringing the show back? Maybe we should have thought of that at the time?

Because they knew Ten were just messing with you.

Must say though that although Youtube video views do not in any way equate to ratings getting over half a million views certainly shows there is some interest there. And although I think a new site would be best for the show in a way the worst state the house is in the cheaper it will be for a broadcaster to buy it back and revive it.

Because they knew Ten were just messing with you.

Must say though that although Youtube video views do not in any way equate to ratings getting over half a million views certainly shows there is some interest there. And although I think a new site would be best for the show in a way the worst state the house is in the cheaper it will be for a broadcaster to buy it back and revive it.
Pfft you know full well they can build a house in a warehouse if they want.

Oh, and it's possible 578,365 pepople only watched the video to make sure the house was trashed. :D

While I'm not going to claim to be a legal expert, I did pay attention my very basic tort law class...

Good thing at least one of us did, then 😂

Invited or not trespassers are still owed a duty of care from property owners... Meaning property owners cannot knowing keep an unsafe property... Which is why I've been saying that the most likely action in this case is that they'll tear down the house sooner rather than later...

Huh, TIL. Just did a quick google and all I could come up with is the balance of "common humanity". Like if someone scales a fence and injures themselves, courts may say there is no duty of care. Interesting that they could still be pinged though. And yeah, you're right. We can probably say goodbye to the Dreamworld Compound after these latest developments. Really disappointed I only got to vicariously tour the BB houses.

Apparently Dreamworld sold off the property/land not long after 2014, sold it to West Farmers I believe. It's a shame really, I think this will destroy all remaining hope of a revival of the series.

I already knew this... Prior to the 2012 BB revival it was announced that Dreamworld had intended on selling off their excess property for use in the Town Centre project... When the actual transaction took place I have no clue...

That said I wouldn’t base the chances of a revival on this alone... Given that BB Canada has changed locations and constructed new sets several times and often with only months between air dates it would be relatively simple and cost effective process to secure something new if there was legitimate interest in reviving BB for a second time.

Also with improvements in technology BB no longer requires a purpose built space. The recent revived series of BB was filmed from a house previously used for Poland’s Next Too Model. Not to say this is ideal as I still think a purpose build facility is the most ideal option but that there are alternatives out there.

So while not having the house standing adds a level of complexity to any potential revival I don’t believe it would make or break any plan to revive the show.

Back