Skip to main content

Big Brother House evicted from North Shore

It appears in the Sydney area there is...
This was prior to the pandemic due to film boookinga related to overseas. The “shortage in Sydney” was in reference to soundstages that have spaces for big formats that require large audiences (the voice etc)
BB production would never use that type of sound stage because they are an enclose “studio” and not a hanger.

Look, the North Head house isn't perfect, but frankly the folks here scrutinise details that the average viewer doesn't notice or care about.

The facilities at Dreamworld are gone, there's zero reason to return there. I'd suggest it's also a little too early for anyone to feel comfortable partnering with Dreamworld after the incident. Seven would be looking for as much of a turnkey solution as they can get their hands on rather than building a facility from the ground up.

Look, the North Head house isn't perfect, but frankly the folks here scrutinise details that the average viewer doesn't notice or care about.

The facilities at Dreamworld are gone, there's zero reason to return there. I'd suggest it's also a little too early for anyone to feel comfortable partnering with Dreamworld after the incident. Seven would be looking for as much of a turnkey solution as they can get their hands on rather than building a facility from the ground up.
Yeah I seriously doubt Seven would splash the cash on a new build. Do we know how many seasons they have the rights with Endemol?

Yeah I seriously doubt Seven would splash the cash on a new build. Do we know how many seasons they have the rights with Endemol?
I've heard from a senior Endemol employee that they're "optimistic" there will be another season after this one. I take that to mean that they want to keep going, but it will depend on ratings.

Not too surprising - filming in Oct/Nov/Dec suggested they perhaps had a years lease on the plot and needed to get the season filmed, regardless of where Seven schedule it next year.

I doubt they will because Seven think their new format is oh so brilliant but would be good if a move to a new location was with the show being broadcast live in mind.

My understanding is it's a three year license with a minimum of one season to air each year across the term. Seven could opt to not run a third season but there would be penalties attached.

Saying that, I know that Seven are committed to the format and it would have to tank pretty hard for them to axe it. I had a really good conversation a few weeks ago with someone in the Seven/BB bubble. No spoiler-y insights, but they were glowing about where they're at with filming. Pre-record isn't going anywhere, largely down to budget, which I think we all knew.

Gees you never stop hearing about BB getting axed or the house being destroyed or demolished. :(

I wonder if the Queensland government would be interested in also investing something in returning BB to it's original home again? Sadly I don't think we will ever see the return of the good old days of big event live Big Brother production again. Maybe with some government assistance seven may decide to build a new facility in Queensland again? Although I don't think these days of pre-recorded BB will somehow be a major tourist attraction up at dreamworld?

C'mon Queensland assist channel 7 and return BB to it's original site!

I’d like it to go back to Dreamworld, I always liked how when it wasn’t being filmed it was like a “attraction”, I mean channel 10 too but can’t ask for too much.

I’d like it to go back to Dreamworld, I always liked how when it wasn’t being filmed it was like a “attraction”, I mean channel 10 too but can’t ask for too much.
Yeah that was a win-win really. Not that I thought it should have ever been at a theme park. But it definitely increased the hype in the early days and made it what it became.

Considering Seven are almost certainly going to stick to pre-recording it they're never going to relocate to a public theme park. They only need a shell of a building in a somewhat remote area - indeed wouldn't be hugely surprised if the house is taken out of it's current location and just rebuilt in it's new home. That's essentially what Big Brother Canada has done - twice. The first move they did make some structural changes such as moving the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs, but second time around you wouldn't know it has moved to a different location,

They should opt for Movie World. Considering they make movies there, I can't see why they couldn't pre-record a reality show. I'm sure the Queensland government would be all for it to secure jobs, publicity, etc.

Wow so it was literally a rig and some false walls. So primitive.
Hopefully the new location will be less “set” like.

Back