Skip to main content

Big Brother Celebrities Canada - en francais

The French Canadian version of Celebrity Big Brother is back this weekend. It'll follow the US rules, but like most revivals it ditches a house on a stage set filmed with camera runs for an actual house, and what I think is our first three storey Big Brother house.

Think it starts on Sunday.
Thank you for your post. I will have another BB to watch after BB UK, I still have BB UK 2011, 12, 13 and 14 to watch :)

Missed this when it was announced but it has been recommissioned for a second season to air from January.

Missed this when it was announced but it has been recommissioned for a second season to air from January.

Crazy that with a population of only 8.5 million Big Brother Célébrités was brining in around 6 to 700,000 an episode. By comparison Quebec’s population is less than 3 times the population of Australia and little more than 3.5 times the rest of Canada’s.

No brainer to recommission it then. Of course they do it properly too with daily shows, live feeds and a fairly decent website and get rewarded for their effort.

They also show the US format can work with a somewhat traditional Australian schedule as they have their live evictions on Sunday nights then daily shows from Monday to Thursday covering the other elements.

Sadly they've had to relocate this year - last year they were in a $14m mansion, this year they've built a house on a sound stage. Looks OK but tricky to match up, and quite surprised they're so reliant on two way mirrors when internationally the show has largely moved away from that in recent years.

Back