Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada - Season 11

I would hope ditching the live feeds becomes a study though in how to quickly lose a fanbase - the show can't tweet anything now without getting overwhelmed with negative replies around the live feed. Not seeing any positive comment at all on it, and certainly very little discussion about what is going on in the show.
There is no buzz around the season and the little fan engagement is mostly negative. I am not sure how Big Brother Canada recovers from this.

Need to find some more info to put it into context but Big Brother got 464k viewers on Tuesday, the highest of Global all night (just showing FBI repeats in primetime) but behind Canadas Got Talent which had 539k whilst The Rookie topped the night at 984k - seemingly in the 7pm slot against Big Brother. (The archive reports seem to be on official rather than overnight ratings)

Need to find some more info to put it into context but Big Brother got 464k viewers on Tuesday, the highest of Global all night (just showing FBI repeats in primetime) but behind Canadas Got Talent which had 539k whilst The Rookie topped the night at 984k - seemingly in the 7pm slot against Big Brother. (The archive reports seem to be on official rather than overnight ratings)

Some very dirty math: According to the wiki, BBCAN10 had ratings of ~850-950k around this episode 5-8 timeframe, accounting for +7 day catchup viewership. Meanwhile, the finale of BBCAN10 ended up getting 674k viewers overnight and rose to 835k in +7 day catchup, so let’s assume that catchup numbers add ~150k to viewership (let’s say 200k to be lenient, since digital watchers grow every year).

Putting together BBCan11’s rating of 464k overnight + 200k I’d estimate viewership at 664k accounting for 7 day catchup under optimal circumstances, which is at bare minimum a couple hundred thousand less than the ~850-950k range BBCAN10 was getting around this time.

That’s pretty terrible if Global is getting beat by CityTV. That said it looks like both shows are down from last year.

Some very dirty math: According to the wiki, BBCAN10 had ratings of ~850-950k around this episode 5-8 timeframe, accounting for +7 day catchup viewership. Meanwhile, the finale of BBCAN10 ended up getting 674k viewers overnight and rose to 835k in +7 day catchup, so let’s assume that catchup numbers add ~150k to viewership (let’s say 200k to be lenient, since digital watchers grow every year).

Putting together BBCan11’s rating of 464k overnight + 200k I’d estimate viewership at 664k accounting for 7 day catchup under optimal circumstances, which is at bare minimum a couple hundred thousand less than the ~850-950k range BBCAN10 was getting around this time.
Although the final would rate higher, so for a random Tuesday early in the series that isn't an awful series.

However there is a clear lack of traction online now which the sponsors will likely be as concerned about as ratings.

Moderate ratings + buzz = Renewal
Moderate ratings + tumbleweed = No guarantees

Although the final would rate higher, so for a random Tuesday early in the series that isn't an awful series.

However there is a clear lack of traction online now which the sponsors will likely be as concerned about as ratings.

Moderate ratings + buzz = Renewal
Moderate ratings + tumbleweed = No guarantees
We’re back to pre-Global era ratings… If anything I could see them shifting the show back to a cable exclusive channel with a few cost cutting measures to see if ratings level out otherwise this is the final season. If Corus were willing to can the show after BB4 there’s no way they’re going to gamble with the show declining any further than it has and they most certainly aren’t going to admit the decline is due to the lack of live feeds.

The best hope is that Global axe it and someone else might pick it up and commit to the live feeds, but not sure how likely that is - well not immediately at least but I think it's been too big a show in Canada over the last decade that it wouldn't be picked up again at some point down the line.

The best hope is that Global axe it and someone else might pick it up and commit to the live feeds, but not sure how likely that is - well not immediately at least but I think it's been too big a show in Canada over the last decade that it wouldn't be picked up again at some point down the line.
Bell Media air the Quebec Celebrity series in their channel Noovo it would be interesting if they picked up the English rights as well. Although I don’t believe the French series has live feeds either.

So as suspected the reason there’s been no Digital Dailies for the past few days was because they were shielding us from the fact that someone quit.

I can’t with this show anymore… They claim canceling the live feeds was for mental health purposes and then at every possible opportunity prove that it couldn’t be further from the truth. This has been and always will be about controlling the narrative. Throwing mental health out there was just virtue signalling.

Last edited:
There are no such thing as spoilers in Big Brother. Nobody is tuning in because they wonder what producers are hiding from us, but had it been known someone quit fans would tune in to the episode to watch that playout.

Was it played out in the ep or another case of them just disappearing to the diary room and the others being told not to ask questions and never mention them again?

Was it played out in the ep or another case of them just disappearing to the diary room and the others being told not to ask questions and never mention them again?
Erin came off the loud speaker and said Vanessa left the house for undisclosed reasons. Her family disclosed on Twitter after the episode that it was a “medical emergency” but not much else.

There is also some sort of “scandal” that’s going to be revealed in tonight’s episode which appears to be another reason they canceled this weeks DD’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we ever find out why the other one left?

I hope it is the housemates choice but think it would be far better to go into the house and be supported by those you've lived with for a few weeks and have time to pack your stuff and process the information rather than be taken out immediately into the arms of unknown production staff without of your own belongings.

Did we ever find out why the other one left?

I hope it is the housemates choice but think it would be far better to go into the house and be supported by those you've lived with for a few weeks and have time to pack your stuff and process the information rather than be taken out immediately into the arms of unknown production staff without of your own belongings.
I’m remembering something about it being a death in the family but I’m not exactly sure what the source was for it.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the way they’ve been announced is 100% a production decision.

Back