Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada - Season 11

Would be better dropping it in shorter batches, and missing the entire weekend when most the gameplay takes place around the Veto is pointless.

If they wanted a third nominee I’d much rather have the public give someone the ability to make that third nomination. It could easily be attached to some sort of immunity.

I think with the eviction insurance it’s just an easy way for production to fulfill their product placement obligations than something they feel will really impact the game.

As for the Deadlast twist I think it’s more targeted at people who throw comps but realistically people who throw comps aren’t the obvious first out.
Considering they seem to be going for a murder mystery vibe having a secret nominator chosen by the public would fit in far better with the "whodunnit" theme.

Really not feeling these premiere eps at all. Feel so flat with no audience and home video / webcam interviews for the intros. Thought the whole world had moved on to pretending covid isn't an issue now.

Just not warming to anyone and it has barely held my attention. A bad premiere on top of the live feed axe doesn't bode well.

I have watched episode 1 of BBCAN online on some strange website that has only a few episodes of various seasons here & there.
What is a good website to stream it from? Is there a TV station website like Channel 10 or CBS type thing in Canada to view it on?

Global if you've got a VPN. Otherwise there is a website which has Big Brother episodes to stream on from around the world but it's name escapes me at the moment.

Didn't Seven add some old series of BB Can to 7+ too - guessing they never added any more.

I hadn’t realized this…

Really is odd - pretty much the only country I can think of which has no regard for ratings data. Guess as the commercials just rebroadcast so much of the US schedules and therefore don't make the call over what gets axed they see them as somewhat irrelevant.

Really is odd - pretty much the only country I can think of which has no regard for ratings data. Guess as the commercials just rebroadcast so much of the US schedules and therefore don't make the call over what gets axed they see them as somewhat irrelevant.
If Canadian networks weren’t mandated to broadcast a certain percentage of Canadian content as part of their remit they wouldn’t. As for American content they’re paying for the rights to substitute their adverts for the American ones. I guess as long as the show is doing well in the states they don’t really have to do much to show that it rates well here.

Yes, it is odd the Canadian Content rules apply across the day so although there may be 55% content virtually all of it is out of primetime, and most of it news.

Yes, it is odd the Canadian Content rules apply across the day so although there may be 55% content virtually all of it is out of primetime, and most of it news.
CanCon rules are a bit of a joke as they can usually get away with just repeating the same content over and over again. They do have to make some new investments but still the majority of their schedules are devoted to content they can SimSub. That said given that American networks broadcast in Canada without things like SimSub we’d maybe have a single Canadian network. The most successful Canadian shows are ones that are either co-produced with American networks or are ones that can be sold on to American networks. It’s a win/win for the Canadian network, they fulfill their CanCon mandate for minimal effort and in some cases very minimal in terms of actual investment. If the content can’t be sold it’s either just long enough that they can milk the shit out of reruns or specifically produced so that they can milk the shit out of reruns.

Just to be clear Canadian networks aren’t just repeating American programming… Simultaneous Substitution means that when the American network is airing a show that a Canadian network owns the rights to the feed is replaced with the Canadian network with Canadian adverts. So when CBS airs BBUS you’re watching the Global feed whether you’re tuned to CBS or Global. That is unless you live in an area that can pick up the American signal or you’re able to pick up a 100% clean feed of the American network.

Last edited:
No surprise. I guess there is a way we can see the number of #BBCAN11 comments in the first week compared to the #BBCAN10 (and indeed earlier) comments in previous years. Just zero content appearing on my feed too - and Twitter knows I like Big Brother. I get all sorts of content cropping up from series around the world without me either following them usually.

No surprise. I guess there is a way we can see the number of #BBCAN11 comments in the first week compared to the #BBCAN10 (and indeed earlier) comments in previous years. Just zero content appearing on my feed too - and Twitter knows I like Big Brother. I get all sorts of content cropping up from series around the world without me either following them usually.
I still have some BBCAN content on my feed but the majority of it is still complaints. Just went through #BBCAN11 and there are very few tweets that are actually talking about the show/HG’s.

I wonder when yesterdays "digital daily" was actually from considering it was over 72 hours since the last.

They probably should have extended "dead last" to the Veto as well so that either the person in last place can't be saved or would be the replacement if it was used.

Seems this is yet another season where they make a big deal about a twist in the premiere then ditch it a week later - the Deadlast twist is already gone, even though it absolutely could have been implemented with the new HoH comp (which as ever isn't completed on the show).

I would hope ditching the live feeds becomes a study though in how to quickly lose a fanbase - the show can't tweet anything now without getting overwhelmed with negative replies around the live feed. Not seeing any positive comment at all on it, and certainly very little discussion about what is going on in the show.

Back