Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 6 - begins Mar 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The promo themes though don't always explicitly detail the series theme. They certainly can be interpreted to hint at a rich/poor split, but they also hint at just a standard game of Big Brother. Every promo is essentially saying decisions made by the HMs will affect their experience, and that's true of any twist.

The promo themes though don't always explicitly detail the series theme. They certainly can be interpreted to hint at a rich/poor split, but they also hint at just a standard game of Big Brother. Every promo is essentially saying decisions made by the HMs will affect their experience, and that's true of any twist.

The early promos usually are nothing more than "WE'RE BACK!" , some clips of the previous series, and the launch date... These promos are without a doubt hinting at the bigger theme even if they aren't saying much right now... That said there have really been only two places where I've seen anyone hint at a divided house; TiBB and the "spoiler" account I posted...

New promo during the CBB finale... It says big news during the Survivor premier on Wednesday... It may have also shown some of the new HG's... The announcer says "Your choice... Their fate... Choose wisely..."

The new faces we've been shown have flames and clouds behind them so I guess the Heaven and Hell theme has been somewhat confirmed...

Last edited:
One way or another it seems heaven/hell is happening and I think BBCanada will do it justice. Suspect it'll only last till the jury stage but really hope they pull it off. Ultimately in the context of the North American format it is just a natural evolution of the Have Not twist - and I do hope that physically separating houseguests from each other (and crucially the HoH) actually shakes up the game throughout the season, especially when it's a game that relies so much on whispering in corners.

One way or another it seems heaven/hell is happening and I think BBCanada will do it justice. Suspect it'll only last till the jury stage but really hope they pull it off. Ultimately in the context of the North American format it is just a natural evolution of the Have Not twist - and I do hope that physically separating houseguests from each other (and crucially the HoH) actually shakes up the game throughout the season, especially when it's a game that relies so much on whispering in corners.

I'm trying to stay away from speculating too much about the twist as there really are a number of ways this theme could play out... That said a divided house could be interesting...

I don't think we've ever seen so much hype for a North American series... I just hope they can deliver... My biggest problem with BBCAN over the years has been the way they execute twists... They've also had issues in the past with having too many in a single series...

It is one reason I've always liked the Rich/Poor Twist - it's such a big twist that you don't need to throw in other twists week in week out. In terms of the mechanics of the BB Canada game I suspect it will just see a comp replace the Have Not Comp to determine who lives where, though I would personally throw a curveball in the Veto too where as an alternative to using it to save a nominee they can also use it to save someone from Hell, forcing the HoH to send someone from heaven to replace them. That would test some friendships where you can either save your allie from the block or get yourself out of slop, cold showers and uncomfortable beds for the rest of the week instead.

@sav0001 I know CBBUS was a major let down for you but you may want to check out BBCAN... Overall it seems to be more popular than BBUS amongst the international community... The live feed is free and I believe you can watch internationally using BBViewer... BBCAN also offers a lot more in terms of viewer participation... As I said in a previous thread the worst part of any BBCAN series is the first eviction as it's the first 7 days crammed in to the two night premier...

And it means the first evictee doesn't even appear on the live feeds - even the year when the viewers chose them.

BB Canada seems to be stuck at it's 10 week running length but I think we'd all rather sacrifice a couple of contestants in exchange for delaying the first eviction a week. BBUSA have shown many times it's easy enough to play out the first week over 5 episodes, generally just by splitting the Veto over two episodes.

Premiere Spoilers...

New to Big Brother Canada? One of their biggest flaws is that none of their shows tape live and they allow a live audience... which means SPOILERS!

So if you want to know the details from the premiere...

FIRST TWIST: The house guests were chosen to pick a goblet to drink from. Andrew's was a special goblet which gave him the power to send half the house to heaven and the other half to hell.

The 7 Heaven house guests are safe for the week, however they cannot compete in HOH.

The 7 Hell house guests are: Johnny, Ali, Paras, Rozina, Kaela, Maddy and Will. They are automatic Have-Nots and have no access to their belongings. One of these seven will be the next HOH and one of them will become the first evicted house guest.

Andrew initially planned on sending ALL the women to Hell but added WIlliam in to the group as he figured Will would win Head of Household and forgive Andrew for the move, hoping to align later in the game.

HOH is still on going. Fans are saying that Maddy looks like she may be a lock to win but who knows for sure.

HOUSE DETAILS:
You guessed it: Heaven and Hell theme! The top part of the house is Heaven themed and the bottom is Hell themed. There are a few rooms that look like the inside of a cathedral, with stained glass.

Despite moving to a new sound stage, the house is set up the same as the previous house layouts. There is allegedly a secret room featuring a black throne. The Reddit user who shared these details assumed that this would involve Canada with a vote or a twist in some way, similar to war rooms and other hidden room twists Canada has had in the past. No extra details were given on the room during the taping.

Glad they're going with it then though would prefer a comp rather than an individual to split them between Heaven and Hell - or they even had time for the viewers to vote considering we've known the cast for a few days and they didn't move in till Saturday.

Not a fan of the set at all and to be honest not too surprised it sounds like they've rebuilt the old house within the new sound stage - it is basically a set after all and I think the layout actually works for this theme anyway with heaven above, hell below. All in all though think it sets up the season nicely - got a few on Twitter and Reddit going "urgh, twist" but they'd be more complaints if they went twist free during the premiere.

So this will be the third time (each even season) viewers have voted someone into the house. With Alison in BB2 she got a weeks immunity - did Nikki and Tim in BB4 get that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back