Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

Well, maybe he quit because of something with the show and he didn't want to be part of it, or maybe he saw it was rigged? Or maybe he knew he couldn't win so he gave up rather than lose? It's bothering me because I don't see Tim quitting without a good reason.

It could be that production wanted a Canadian to win and that Tim didn't have a chance at the grand prize in his contract?

Survivor US only has US contestants because of tax rules and other stuff like that relating to the prize winner. I'm wondering if Canada has something similar. Sorry to be vague but in the US there seems to be a difference when it comes to prize money being paid to non US citizens. I don't know exactly what the rules are but maybe Canada is the same. But you think that might have come up already? Salary payments under a contract would be treated differently than a prize from a reality show.

Survivor US only has US contestants because of tax rules and other stuff like that relating to the prize winner. I'm wondering if Canada has something similar. Sorry to be vague but in the US there seems to be a difference when it comes to prize money being paid to non US citizens. I don't know exactly what the rules are but maybe Canada is the same.

Eligibility Requirements / Application Instructions
BIG BROTHER CANADA

7. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada as of February 1, 2016.

8. You must be in excellent physical and mental health.

http://www.bigbrothercanadacasting.ca/Eligibility

Tim failed #7
Nikki failed #7 & #8. lol

Who said he quit?

Twittersphere.

People were saying he gave up blah blah blah.

Haven't seen it. Waiting for episode to appear online so I can download it.

Just a tweet

Bree ‏@BreJohnx0 4m4 minutes ago

Production had to have paid Tim to bow out NO way he would have given up, especially against Kelsey.

Seems like Kelsey only got 2 votes. (Jared, Raul)

Twittersphere.

People were saying he gave up blah blah blah.

Haven't seen it. Waiting for episode to appear online so I can download it.

Just a tweet

Bree ‏@BreJohnx0 4m4 minutes ago

Production had to have paid Tim to bow out NO way he would have given up, especially against Kelsey.

Seems like Kelsey only got 2 votes. (Jared, Raul)

Yeah I'd seen a couple of comments but I just thought that was the usual social media stuff.

I can't imagine it either, I'd have thought he would have done it the round before if he was going to.
Would be great if he came and told us.

ugh they will never learn,we want to see Big brother not Production meddlers playing with their toys.

I did. To me it looked like he quit.

If he was gonna just give up why didn't he let Cass take a shot instead?

This smells all kind of fishy to me.

Ahh, I didn't see your post lol.
It's confusing to me.
Did it look like he quit because he knew he wasn't going to win the comp after a while? I haven't seen it, just read people's comments.
I think in Apprentice when he knew he wasn't going to win then he didn't show up for finale.
If he did throw it, and that was his plan all along (and not just because he was losing) then yeah, I don't get why he didn't encourage others to put Cass through.
Pretty sure there's an explanation we're not being told.

Just remembered this.

The episode where Cass was evicted, Arisa said to her at the end of the interview that the Final the next day. (Cass was evicted on Saturday)

Did Arisa say that so the shows seemed like they were filmed a day apart.

So was the final really on the Sunday & it wasn't shown for days or was the final done earlier today.

Just remembered this.

The episode where Cass was evicted, Arisa said to her at the end of the interview that the Final the next day. (Cass was evicted on Saturday)

Did Arisa say that so the shows seemed like they were filmed a day apart.

So was the final really on the Sunday & it wasn't shown for days or was the final done earlier today.
the pov was filmed a couple of days before it aired and finale was aired on the same day it was filmed

Maybe Tim thought if he throws the challenge on purpose he goes out on his own terms and thus can't 'lose' the show from Final 2. I haven't watched the show but he might have known the jury wouldn't vote him the winner so better to leave on his terms? Was he looking like he might win? Or was it looking like it was not going to happen?

We don't know if he was really upset by coming 2nd on Celeb Apprentice (I've always thought I'd rather come anywhere but second on a prize money reality show) and Tim really does love to win.

But then he threatened to quit when he was called a manipulator towards the end of Celeb Apprentice so who knows what was in his mind during the trivia challenge. I don't buy his thing of having won before and so he was wanting someone else to feel that glory.

And I really doubt the show paid him to quit, they wouldn't have put Nikki and Tim in the house if they weren't allowed to win?.

I think he's had a meltdown like when he threatened to quit Celeb Apprentice near the end, only this time he wasn't able to change his mind and stay in the game as he'd given the victory to Kelsey.

@shaydee Reading twitter they are saying Cass was really pissed off with Tim when he went to jury.

Did she mellow at any stage.

Maybe Tim thought if he throws the challenge on purpose he goes out on his own terms and thus can't 'lose' the show from Final 2. I haven't watched the show but he might have known the jury wouldn't vote him the winner so better to leave on his terms? Was he looking like he might win? Or was it looking like it was not going to happen?

We don't know if he was really upset by coming 2nd on Celeb Apprentice (I've always thought I'd rather come anywhere but second on a prize money reality show) and Tim really does love to win.

But then he threatened to quit when he was called a manipulator towards the end of Celeb Apprentice so who knows what was in his mind during the trivia challenge. I don't buy his thing of having won before and so he was wanting someone else to feel that glory.

And I really doubt the show paid him to quit, they wouldn't have put Nikki and Tim in the house if they weren't allowed to win?.

I think he's had a meltdown like when he threatened to quit Celeb Apprentice near the end, only this time he wasn't able to change his mind and stay in the game as he'd given the victory to Kelsey.

...I'm tending to agree with nearly all of this... if Tim had got wind of the idea that he never had a chance to win it regardless of what he did due to Production gearing it up for a Canadian to win regardless he may have just gone "'fuckit!... I'm not going along with this crap!"... he may have chucked a fidder fadder and decided not to be a part of it any longer... who really knows?... I would so love for him to come on here and talk about it... I imagine that it would be riveting stuff as to why he has done what he has... as I said... he likes to fight the 'Establishment'... perhaps that's the case here?... cheers.

he could have won against either houseguests I reckon. but he would be struggled to win part 3 of the comp and the others weren't gonna take him if they won

Tim Dormer admits faking ‘show-mance’ with Big Brother Canada co-star to win votes

IF Malcolm Turnbull or Bill Shorten need some campaign tips, signing up Big Brother Australia winner Tim Dormer could be just the ticket — after the reality TV favourite survived 10 weeks of the Canadian series to place third.

The 31-year-old Bondi-based larrikin was one of four international guests invited into the Big Brother Canada competition, before winning his way into the grand final, taken out today by Ottawa brothers, Nick and Phil Paquette.

Speaking from the set after his grand final eviction, Dormer told News Corp Australia he had no idea the Federal election was in full swing back home but would consider running for “big brother of the whole country” his next challenge.

“I have had no news of what’s gone on in Australia the last few months, but it doesn’t surprise me we’re talking about changing prime ministers again,” he said, laughing.

The master tactician who won the 2013 series on Channel 9 had to change his game plan entirely for the Canadian version, where just housemates vote each week to evict (leaving the public to decide only on the winner).

“It was a totally different strategy in that a lot of people lie and manipulate and plan their way to stay in the house, whereas I was just used to Australia voting for me. It was a whole new thing about learning how to play with alliances and win competition to keep you safe. It was a whole new ball game and I tell you what, it was tough, really tough.”

His game plan was to form an alliance with two others, including Winnipeg social media strategist Cassandra Shahinfax, whom he admits faking a “show-mance” with to win votes.

“We were a dynamic duo and everybody was like ‘are they more than just friends?’ That was our big strategy, to make people question were we really together or not, but I’ll give you the scoop, I’m in love with someone back home in Australia so I was treading a fine line. My lips are sealed [about her] ... that’s something I won’t reveal for reality TV.”

He also played up the Aussie larrikin factor, celebrating his birthday inside the house with a party that included lamingtons, pies and a visit by a live kangaroo.

Dormer plans to return to Sydney to “sort myself out and work out what I’m going to do with [dog] Meatloaf but then I’m coming back to Canada for sure.”

“It’s so strange, usually when you go to visit a country, you go and see the whole country. I’ve done it the other way around. I’ve gone to Canada and they’ve all seen me, but I haven’t stepped outside the walls, so I’m planning a big road trip.”

Having segued his last BB fame into an appearance on Nine’s Celebrity Apprentice Australia series, he committed to hanging up “my reality TV shoes” but was still searching for a career long term in showbiz.

“People have been saying since the days of Big Brother, ‘Tim, when are your 15 minutes of fame up? But I’ll get off when the ride stops,” he said.

Just don’t rule out that next stop being the Lodge, with the joker prepared to give politics a go.
“I’ve never voted in an Australian election, so it would be pretty bad of me to sign up as the boss. But maybe that’s my next strategy ... to be big brother of the whole country.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...s/news-story/074bfd0c275abe3c7286c18e305a4f62

So Tim is in love with someone back home.

Tim Dormer admits faking ‘show-mance’ with Big Brother Canada co-star to win votes

IF Malcolm Turnbull or Bill Shorten need some campaign tips, signing up Big Brother Australia winner Tim Dormer could be just the ticket — after the reality TV favourite survived 10 weeks of the Canadian series to place third.

The 31-year-old Bondi-based larrikin was one of four international guests invited into the Big Brother Canada competition, before winning his way into the grand final, taken out today by Ottawa brothers, Nick and Phil Paquette.

Speaking from the set after his grand final eviction, Dormer told News Corp Australia he had no idea the Federal election was in full swing back home but would consider running for “big brother of the whole country” his next challenge.

“I have had no news of what’s gone on in Australia the last few months, but it doesn’t surprise me we’re talking about changing prime ministers again,” he said, laughing.

The master tactician who won the 2013 series on Channel 9 had to change his game plan entirely for the Canadian version, where just housemates vote each week to evict (leaving the public to decide only on the winner).

“It was a totally different strategy in that a lot of people lie and manipulate and plan their way to stay in the house, whereas I was just used to Australia voting for me. It was a whole new thing about learning how to play with alliances and win competition to keep you safe. It was a whole new ball game and I tell you what, it was tough, really tough.”

His game plan was to form an alliance with two others, including Winnipeg social media strategist Cassandra Shahinfax, whom he admits faking a “show-mance” with to win votes.

“We were a dynamic duo and everybody was like ‘are they more than just friends?’ That was our big strategy, to make people question were we really together or not, but I’ll give you the scoop, I’m in love with someone back home in Australia so I was treading a fine line. My lips are sealed [about her] ... that’s something I won’t reveal for reality TV.”

He also played up the Aussie larrikin factor, celebrating his birthday inside the house with a party that included lamingtons, pies and a visit by a live kangaroo.

Dormer plans to return to Sydney to “sort myself out and work out what I’m going to do with [dog] Meatloaf but then I’m coming back to Canada for sure.”

“It’s so strange, usually when you go to visit a country, you go and see the whole country. I’ve done it the other way around. I’ve gone to Canada and they’ve all seen me, but I haven’t stepped outside the walls, so I’m planning a big road trip.”

Having segued his last BB fame into an appearance on Nine’s Celebrity Apprentice Australia series, he committed to hanging up “my reality TV shoes” but was still searching for a career long term in showbiz.

“People have been saying since the days of Big Brother, ‘Tim, when are your 15 minutes of fame up? But I’ll get off when the ride stops,” he said.

Just don’t rule out that next stop being the Lodge, with the joker prepared to give politics a go.
“I’ve never voted in an Australian election, so it would be pretty bad of me to sign up as the boss. But maybe that’s my next strategy ... to be big brother of the whole country.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...s/news-story/074bfd0c275abe3c7286c18e305a4f62

So Tim is in love with someone back home.

...that interview was fabulous Kaz... thanks for posting it... he actually stated that he was 'in love'... that's a big step for him to declare publicly... way to go Timmy boy!... haha!... I would so love for him to do well in the TV industry... as a politician?... he already has my vote no matter which political party he is in lol!... cheers.

as a politician?... he already has my vote no matter which political party he is in lol!... cheers.

Seeing as Tim mooned in the direction of the Lodge when he was on Celebrity Apprentice. I think we can rule out the Liberal Party.

What about Tim Dormer's Cult Leader Party.

Even in the house, the HG's said he had a cult following. lol

Back