Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia Celebrates 20 Years

I know it's a bit of a long shot but wouldn't it be great if channel 7 did some sort of Big Brother Australia 20 year reunion special show?

The only thing I am thinking is how much of the earlier Big Brother seasons would channel 7 be willing to show considering how different their current version is? lol

I think it would be great if something was done on television to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first ever Big Brother show here in Australia.

It would be good - ideally just stick them in the house for a week to catch up. The Real World have done that in the US with their original cast and the series has been pretty decent from what I've seen.

I know it's a bit of a long shot but wouldn't it be great if channel 7 did some sort of Big Brother Australia 20 year reunion special show?

The only thing I am thinking is how much of the earlier Big Brother seasons would channel 7 be willing to show considering how different their current version is? lol

I think it would be great if something was done on television to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first ever Big Brother show here in Australia.
I think it would be great if channel TEN did their own and pitched it against SEVEN's BB launch show. 🤣

Happy 20th Birthday to Big Brother AU today. It's been 20 years exactly since the Launch Night of the very first season on April 23, 2001.

Sad to see how much the show has devolved since then, rather than improved.

The fact the whole show was far more advanced back then, had a longer overall runtime and we had more access to footage and content, while we could also watch an entire live stream of the house online, was impressive. How on earth did we go downhill from there? :confused:

Y2K era was the peak of Big Brother and reality TV in general.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this BUT...
If anyone has anything at all (magazine articles, autographs, flyers, etc) from BB 2001 and are looking to sell I’d certainly be interested. 👍

I could be completetly wrong but I'd imagine they're relatively worthless now - if you wanted to make money out of any BB housemate memorabilia you'd probably need to cash in within the year or so of their series.

Does anyone know if they ever released the raw version of the BB 2001 theme? They have the one with all the sound effects over the top. But they used the original during the voting numbers/tally board and Uplate from memory in 2007. Long shot I know.

Back