Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia and the media

Columbo

Never again
How has Big Brother Australia's relationship with the media changed over the years?

What responsibilities does the media have when reporting on housemates? Should story always trump mental health concerns? Does this also apply to forums like these?

Where do you get most of your big brother news?

I get most of my Big Brother news here on this forum. I don't use social media very often. I have a Twitter account but hardly ever use it.

Media are generally alright when it comes to Big Brother. A few fake news outlets like to sensationalise, over-dramaticise but other than that, it is pretty okay. Not worth talking about them anyway.

I avoid foreign sources or unprofessional commentators and try to read material from people with Australian TV industry experience or connections. Despite this I don't completely believe anything until it's confirmed by the network.

I get most of my news from either twitter or here. Though I must admit that tv blackbox with all their recent exclusives are starting to catch up. Which is great because it's another source of information.

I get most of my news from either twitter or here. Though I must admit that tv blackbox with all their recent exclusives are starting to catch up. Which is great because it's another source of information.

Twitter is fake news. Enemy of the people. Unreliable source as any.

Seven is using their Seven News website and Facebook page to promote articles of the new series. Seven News is totally the wrong target audience for this, the feedback on there is a mixture of people not knowing the show has been revived or that Seven is foolish to bring it back. But yeah Seven News would have more followers and activity.

Seven is using their Seven News website and Facebook page to promote articles of the new series. Seven News is totally the wrong target audience for this, the feedback on there is a mixture of people not knowing the show has been revived or that Seven is foolish to bring it back. But yeah Seven News would have more followers and activity.

What is Seven News' target audience though?

I assume that news websites or Facebook pages for a network's news division would appeal to many people.

If Seven don't want a niche audience, then I actually think this promotional strategy (if it is one) is logical.

What is Seven News' target audience though?

I assume that news websites or Facebook pages for a network's news division would appeal to many people.

If Seven don't want a niche audience, then I actually think this promotional strategy (if it is one) is logical.

7 News Sydney followers appears to me to be quite conservative and more engaged with Netflix (a lot of comments saying "thank god for Netfix").

Considering one recent 7 News Sydney post on the new HM gathered 34 comments as opposed to one on the BBAU page 286 comments it would appear to me they should focus on other areas, perhaps Sunrise.

Seven News is totally the wrong target audience for this,

Says who? the 7 News site attracts 1.7m readers monthly, you’d be stupid not to use it as a promotional tool - it’s called native marketing.

How has Big Brother Australia's relationship with the media changed over the years?
It hasn't, it is a symbiotic relationship at best one I've always been conflicted about because it's like love and marriage, you can't have one without the other
:D

How big was it in the media in the early years. Here in the UK for the first few series it would be frontpage material in the tabloids and worthy of review and comment in the broadsheets - was it similarly the case with you?

Back