Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely aware this won't change the show, I don't think at all this is in any way a way for them to change the show but merely a way to get people to watch as I mentioned the curiosity factor playing a role in. My entire post is about why this was an optimal decision in terms of ratings. Whether or not this is also intended, it will in a way "condition" viewers to possibly ease into the format as Masterchef was able to do with the new judges. Having All Star Masterchef contestants were able to hold onto the initial Masterchef feel despite the judges not being there, through association audiences were able to ease into having new judges. As with this some viewers who have turned off may find they will be inclined to enjoy the show due to simply seeing familiar faces they enjoyed seeing in the past. Classical conditioning is fascinating thing that can be used in a showed in more ways than just editing. Some viewers my genuinely tune in to see former housemates and some of those will definitely stick around to watch the entire season. This ratings gimmick may not be what I would prefer but I have no doubt in my mind it will work for viewing interest. But also you can't not expect some form of content to make the show showing the past housemates discussing their 20 year old selves the first time in the house compared to now.
It’s a gimmick and like most gimmicks I’m certain it’s going to fall flat.

One of the major criticisms of this format is that it has lacked a clear identity and is stuck between being a game of social strategy and the BB of old. Brining back alumni is production yet again doubling down on their failures.

As for ratings I can’t see it doing much at this point… The novelty will wear off quite fast.

It’s a gimmick and like most gimmicks I’m certain it’s going to fall flat.

One of the major criticisms of this format is that it has lacked a clear identity and is stuck between being a game of social strategy and the BB of old. Brining back alumni is production yet again doubling down on their failures.

As for ratings I can’t see it doing much at this point… The novelty will wear off quite fast.
I agree with you in terms of this being a gimmick. But really as we've seen with some of the buzz on the forum and also what I think will just generally happen, is people will just tune in to see these former players. No one's first thought is the format. From a basic point of view people will largely not focus on the format but just want to see Reggie on TV or Ben or Tully. Of course its a novelty, I think everyone here can see though that. But really how could you not be somewhat intrigued just to see past housemates on the show again. I am very well confident this will pull in some decent viewers in the beginning at the very least. I alone personally now have 0 interest in what actually happens in this season as I really just want to see what happens with the past housemates. If it's bad or good I am still going to take a look. The power of casual viewing is also nothing to be underestimated, this could well and truly help bring in more casual audiences that did turn off. I am in no way arguing this is better for the format in anyway, just purely for viewing purposes I think they had done the next best thing other than changing the format, for increasing viewer engagement. This is not in any way going to fix any issues anyone has with the show, it will just branch out it's audience to as many people as it possibly can. I just can't see how a long term BBAU fan or a former BBAU fan could look at this and not be somewhat intrigued.

Well if they want to go all "Back To The Future", I wonder if they will also go retro or nostalgic and finally give us some sort of Big Brother themed music for the reunion series? Found this clip on youtube where someone has the channel 7 footage with the old channel 10 Big Brother themed music.

Imagine being a civilian in this series and getting to live with a bunch of all stars. This would be the only series I would actually like to go on, except I won’t apply haha.

Well if they want to go all "Back To The Future", I wonder if they will also go retro or nostalgic and finally give us some sort of Big Brother themed music for the reunion series? Found this clip on youtube where someone has the channel 7 footage with the old channel 10 Big Brother themed music.

They won't change anything as they don't think there is anything wrong that actually needs changing.

If they did use the old theme it would be just the few seconds at the end for the logo reveal.

They must be bringing back quite a few housemates if they're only putting in 12 new ones. 2020 had 20 housemates, while 2021 had 26.

God I hope they keep Ben 2012 as far away from this as possible. Really don't want to be watching him again.

God I hope they keep Ben 2012 as far away from this as possible. Really don't want to be watching him again.
I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he uses this opportunity to show he has changed for the better.

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he uses this opportunity to show he has changed for the better.
I just saw your name and as an aside I saw that Rohan is on a TV program in the states!... La Brea. IMDB funnily does not mention his very short stint on BB lol

I just saw your name and as an aside I saw that Rohan is on a TV program in the states!... La Brea. IMDB funnily does not mention his very short stint on BB lol
Oh funny. It was filmed entirely in Melbourne, Australia during lockdown so that makes sense.

So many city areas were closed for shooting.

I can honestly (proudly?) say that I haven’t seen even a second of the channel 7 series and I haven’t followed any of it, but I guess they got me after all and I will definitely be tuning into this new season, even if only for one episode. So yep, a good move on their part.

Really curious to see whether the old school housemates can adapt to the new format. I hope they've got some super strategic new blood as opposed to just straight up "fans".

I can honestly (proudly?) say that I haven’t seen even a second of the channel 7 series and I haven’t followed any of it, but I guess they got me after all and I will definitely be tuning into this new season, even if only for one episode. So yep, a good move on their part.
JESSY!!!!! 🤩🤩🤩

They must be bringing back quite a few housemates if they're only putting in 12 new ones. 2020 had 20 housemates, while 2021 had 26.

I would be willing to bet he is on it. He was very vocal in 2020 about Big Brother when it returned. His FB is also deactivated so I am very inclined to think he is joining. Reggie has been inactive on facebook as well and she is normally extremely active and always posting, so I would very much guess she is on.

Well I guess its not like he can do any worse than last time. I can't imagine he'll be making another post on this forum ranking the dicks of the male housemates and giving size estimates again.

I would be willing to bet he is on it. He was very vocal in 2020 about Big Brother when it returned. His FB is also deactivated so I am very inclined to think he is joining. Reggie has been inactive on facebook as well and she is normally extremely active and always posting, so I would very much guess she is on.
Ffs

Scrap that, he’s active on socials again. Likely not part of it or possibly first boot? I’m leaning towards the former.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he was the first booted. He has already won the show before. Only one that may survive that targeted reason is Reggie because she is very likeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back