Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll only accept Angela and Tilly returns from the seven era and the rest can be Nine and 10 housemates thankyou!

Reggie has mentioned quite a few times that she'd love to do it again so I hope she makes a comeback as well.

So two series next year? Does that mean a normal civilian series first then the VIP being all stars vs fans?

So two series next year? Does that mean a normal civilian series first then the VIP being all stars vs fans?
Pretty sure the “regular” season will be All-Stars Vs Civilian, which is probably wise.

If the Upfronts teaser was anything to go by, the pre-season promos in the lead-up to this season are going to be insane. They’ll milk the nostalgia a lot.

While it will be nice to see some old familiar faces from the 10 and 9 days this is Channel 7’s version of Big Brother so it will probably be shit. You just have to look at the promo of the upcoming VIP show.

I think it’s time Big Brother was laid to rest and kept as a fond memory of the early 2000s.

Big Brother on Channel 7 ruins its legacy and makes the show embarrassing.

How about a 21st Big Brother anniversary special in 2022 like the Hey Hey special that just aired? It can air the night before the new series launches. Sonia hosts the greatest moments of Big Brother highlighting the past 13 seasons.

Would love to relive the classic moments again in HD.

How about a 21st Big Brother anniversary special in 2022 like the Hey Hey special that just aired? It can air the night before the new series launches. Sonia hosts the greatest moments of Big Brother highlighting the past 13 seasons.

Honestly, I agree. Given that 21st Birthdays in general are quite a big deal here in Aus, this concept could very well work. Especially in lieu of missing the 20th anniversary.

If done properly, it would serve as a great introduction to “remind” audiences of who the previous HMs are and not spend the time doing so during the actual episodes (no doubt they’ll reveal the list in the weeks prior anyway, so no need for it to be a surprise). Don’t forget, we will still have 10+ regular HMs to meet as well so it’ll balance it out.

As you mentioned, Seven seems to be running on a nostalgia high at the moment, using franchises of the past to bring in viewers (Aus Idol, Hey Hey, AGT, DWTS, MKR, etc) so I wouldn’t put it past them to do a dedicated special a week/day before the proper launch. It’s true all they care about is ratings + $$$, and I have zero doubt it’d pay off. It’s already well evidenced that a Big Brother Australia highlights special would rate enormously for the network.

Or Sonia starts hosting but then Gretel appears from behind says "shows over, Kruges" and gently bops her on the head with an inflatable hammer. Then Gretel hosts the rest of the show.

Or Sonia starts hosting but then Gretel appears from behind says "shows over, Kruges" and gently bops her on the head with an inflatable hammer. Then Gretel hosts the rest of the show.
😂

I would hope if they made such a special that Gretel would say a few words and her thoughts about the original run on 10. Even if it’s just on Zoom like Hey Hey It’s 50 did with their international guests such as Suzi Quatro.

Honestly, I agree. Given that 21st Birthdays in general are quite a big deal here in Aus, this concept could very well work. Especially in lieu of missing the 20th anniversary.

If done properly, it would serve as a great introduction to “remind” audiences of who the previous HMs are and not spend the time doing so during the actual episodes (no doubt they’ll reveal the list in the weeks prior anyway, so no need for it to be a surprise). Don’t forget, we will still have 10+ regular HMs to meet as well so it’ll balance it out.

As you mentioned, Seven seems to be running on a nostalgia high at the moment, using franchises of the past to bring in viewers (Aus Idol, Hey Hey, AGT, DWTS, MKR, etc) so I wouldn’t put it past them to do a dedicated special a week/day before the proper launch. It’s true all they care about is ratings + $$$, and I have zero doubt it’d pay off. It’s already well evidenced that a Big Brother Australia highlights special would rate enormously for the network.

Wait, 21st birthdays are a big deal in Australia? I thought they were a big deal in America because that's when you're legally allowed to drink.

Wait, 21st birthdays are a big deal in Australia? I thought they were a big deal in America because that's when you're legally allowed to drink.
I think how it’s celebrated is different.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but in the US a 21st is typically celebrated at a bar with a few friends for - as you mentioned - the purpose of being able to legally buy and consume alcohol for the first time. But in Australia it’s considered more of a “sophisticated” milestone, often celebrated quite largely with multiple memories, anecdotes and speeches shared commemorating their life. We are gifted the “key” to life/adulthood at these events. Growing up, how many times have you heard someone say “we’ll save that one for their 21st” as they take a photo or video of you? haha. I don’t believe it’s considered the same sort of event in America.

The latter is more likely to suit if Seven modelled a potential special as BB’s 21st “birthday” celebration, rather just than an anniversary. Looking back at highlights with past HMs/hosts sharing stories.

I think how it’s celebrated is different.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but in the US a 21st is typically celebrated at a bar with a few friends for - as you mentioned - the purpose of being able to legally buy and consume alcohol for the first time. But in Australia it’s considered more of a “sophisticated” milestone, often celebrated quite largely with multiple memories, anecdotes and speeches shared commemorating their life. We are gifted the “key” to life/adulthood at these events. Growing up, how many times have you heard someone say “we’ll save that one for their 21st” as they take a photo or video of you? haha. I don’t believe it’s considered the same sort of event in America.

The latter is more likely to suit if Seven modelled a potential special as BB’s 21st “birthday” celebration, rather just than an anniversary. Looking back at highlights with past HMs/hosts sharing stories.
I think you summed it up right. I think mainly the whole 21st thing is a bit of an after thought as they just happened to miss the 20th anniversary lol.

I think you summed it up right. I think mainly the whole 21st thing is a bit of an after thought as they just happened to miss the 20th anniversary lol.
Correct.

I guess I’m just hoping to give them a plausible idea to help salvage their miscomings. 🤪

I do wonder if there will be someone who will shock us as someone they chose as an all star. Typically in survivor all stars casts there is always a "why are you here" person. Notably Amber in Survivor All Stars and even Parvati wasn't seen as much as a big player in her initial season, however both women ended up winning upon their return, so I do wonder if someone who we all may have just simply not cared for may end up on the cast and may make a deep run. Just imagine all this hype over big stars coming back and we end up with someone like Turkan from BB2 lol.

I hope in some way someone from the very first season would be on. The juxtaposition would be amazing viewing. Someone like a Jemma or Pete from BB1 would be good IMO. Obviously best case scenario is Sara-Marie, however I am unsure if that is as likely as it would have been if they did an All Stars 10 years ago. But I would love to see someone experience the show in it's ultra modern form after appearing it it's most basic form over 2 decades ago.

I think this may be the best decision for ratings. It's clear the 2020 season only rated well due to curiosity, once people realised how poor the attempt at the show is, it was no wonder the ratings sunk this year. By implementing the use of former housemates you add in viewers you lose along the way due to the sole reason of curiosity. People will want to see what Tully has to say about her former experience, people will want to see if Reggie is just as fun as she once was and people will want to see if having these former housemates will in any way entice them to watch. I feel this may have some potential for more personal content to make it to the show as housemates are obviously going to spend much of their time speaking about their former season and how it differs to this. Overall the show will most likely remain unchanged, but I can't lie myself and say I am not excited to see people I grew up watching return. This is almost like watching Survivor Winners at War where people were excited to see some players return from 10-16 years on. The curiosity factor of this is huge and I can't deny it has won me over. I have no doubt this will suck as a show, but I cannot hide the fact I want to see what happens with these housemates entering the house once again. Other than reverting to the show's original format I can't see a better way to fully engage lost viewers with this new format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back