Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Danny Hayes is back!

I really hope all those old housemates shown aren't just a tease. I honestly would be surprised if Christie Swan or that Fitz guy to go back as they have actual media careers. Unless it's a short term VIP type stay.

I'm not claiming that people don't remember the top level HMs and events, nor that they remember it fondly, but the depth of memory is another matter.

It's the only comparable example. They're both social reality competitions and they've both jumped networks.

An active 1-2% of social followers do not represent the whole and a broader objective sample of the population will not skew as you suggest.

My final word on the matter - as much as you're all looking for reasons for All Stars to work, you're failing to account for the many reasons why it won't happen. Getting a TV show off the ground is so much more than a concept and a cast, and you can't build a solid business case without performing due diligence. Objectively, as someone who works in this industry (including experience on BB), what you are hoping for is not going to materialise.

My argument about Survivor was illustrating that pulling contestants from prior network versions is not feasible. At best you're an armchair analyst who clearly knows nothing of the commercial business of television. You will not get an All Stars with pre-Seven HMs, period.

Just sayin… @beeb-jr I’ll take your apology now. :writing: Hehe. Period.

Okay, now THIS I can get behind.

I find it hilarious they're promoting it as the "21st anniversary"... ya really missed the boat for the 20th anniversary on that one, Seven 🤣... but this was honestly a really promising teaser!

First look from 7Upfronts

Housemates of the past are reentering the house with 12 new housemates

I saw another season of Big Brother VIP was also announced for 2022. Was there any specific teaser for it throughout the Upfronts, too?

If they blue ball us and just fill it with 2020/2021 housemates I will be dissapointed. But surly they cannot advertise so many clips of the TEN era and not include a decent amount. I hope to at the very very least see a decent number of people from the NINE version.

If they blue ball us and just fill it with 2020/2021 housemates I will be dissapointed.
They won't. This must have been the reason they decided against green-lighting Reggie for this year's VIP.

The promo mentions All-Stars versus regular HMs, so we'll probably only get maybe 6-10 returnees. And I think it'll be the very typically expected ex-HMs - the ones who are not only still recognisable, but are still very invested in the franchise (or desperate to maintain some fame, lol). It'll be the likes of Reggie, Trevor, Jess... and probably more HMs from Nine's era than Ten's. I wouldn't discount them offering Angela a place either.

I’d love to see Tim as well. He’s pretty much cemented himself as a big brother legend in a worldwide context, so he’d definitely be considered, I would guess he’d decline though.

Last edited:
I’d love to see Tim as well. He’s pretty much demented himself as a big brother legend in a worldwide context, so he’d definitely be considered, I would guess he’d decline though.
Much like the VIPs, I suspect there’d be a decent “incentive” offered to all the returning HMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back