Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2021: Housemates Revealed (contains spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is that sevens format where its just basically game talk and challenges need something like live feeds so we can get to know the housemates more. Especially for when we are voting at the end. A ninety second clip on their awful site will not do.
This is why I said last year they need a companion show, either later at night or on one of the multichannels, dedicated to non-competition HM interactions and character development. Let viewers get to know them better.

This is why I said last year they need a companion show, either later at night or on one of the multichannels, dedicated to non-competition HM interactions and character development. Let viewers get to know them better.
Definitely. I know this conversation is probably better suited in the Format thread, but I feel one of the most detrimental aspects of Seven’s version is that they don’t treat it like anything other than an ordinary challenge-based reality show that’s already on TV several times a week nowadays.

The fact it’s entirely pre-recorded so far in advance is one the show’s biggest flaws - the production runs at a low-cost, and as such is evidently filmed with that in mind from the get-go; for starters, we know the house does not get filmed 24/7 (at least it didn’t last season). Regardless of the new format - which for the most part I approve of - some of the most fundamental elements that comprise a show like Big Brother are still missing from the new Australian version.

It also makes me wonder why Endemol don’t provide a stricter set of guidelines about what must and mustn’t be included when signing off on new seasons of the program. But I suppose a quick buck speaks louder when the intention is probably just to keep the brand relevant, rather than actually putting in time and care to re-produce what sets it apart from other shows in the first place.

It also makes me wonder why Endemol don’t provide a stricter set of guidelines about what must and mustn’t be included when signing off on new seasons of the program.
I thought Endemol pitched this format to Seven?

Okay so call me obsessed but my super sleuthing has paid off yet again and I believe I've just cracked the identity of another Housemate!

The seventh to be revealed is Carlos...
View attachment 56342 View attachment 56343

I've figured out his full name is actually Carlos Charlie Castro. His Instagram is currently on private but he recently featured on Channel 9's Driving Test show, where he went by his middle name Charlie:

P.S. The Housemates all seem to be following each other in one way or another via Instagram, so figuring out their names is actually the hard part. Some intense scrolling, looking at profile photos and deciphering clues is what's leading to most of these discoveries.

What's interesting - but not surprising - is that so far all the revealed Housemates are either "influencers" or have had media experience. What a SHOCK!!!!
I can already tell I'm not going to like Carlos. He reminds me too much of that celeb chef Miguel.

Also what is he wearing in that video.

giphy.gif

I only have two thoughts that enter my mind when looking at these housemate reveals;
1. how were they recruited by 7 to do this?
2. have they actually watched Big Brother before?

I am sure as hell I will be disappointed with the answers to both of my questions with at least 70% of these housemates

Ha! Nice to see we're still stalking tracking down the HMs. What fun memories.
Oh yes when the HMs were so much more natural, and the show gave us enough to know them. I still remember them, but last year only Angela, nobody else :(
I will always watch it but I can't find any excitement.
I only remember HMs from CH 10 CH 9 none of them.
I can do without live feed, but seeing bits here and there of the HMs, + you can't trust the editing anyway, hard to be excited

I wonder if they’ve got a group chat this year! Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in last years. Haha.

After some snooping through confirmed housemates followers/following list on IG, and checking who they follow back, here are a couple more to add to our Unconfirmed list:
Mitch - @mitchoi
Renata - @renatabub__

IMG_2226.jpg

This leaves approx. 6 more housemates that we have SEEN in trailers (4 male, 2 female - assuming they identify as that) that we don't have any traction on so far:
IMG_2226 2.jpg
IMG_2227.jpg

I'm not 100% convinced Jake - @jakewtrs is a housemate. Only follows FlexMami and that's it. No other Big Brother account. And doesn't look like any of the remaining housemates. I think Jake is who people thought was Mitch.

Also, after snooping through all of these accounts, I cannot find reference to a "Jayne" or a "Jane" (other than Sarah-Jane). So either those last-remaining two unconfirmed girls are Jayne/Jane, there's an intruder named Jayne/Jane to come, or Sarah-Jane is our third finalist

Last edited:
Still awaiting this person's VT from the initial trailer...
IMG_2228.jpg

And I THINK this person's? I thought this was Brenton, but the face doesn't quite match and there's no swimming in Brenton's VT:
IMG_2229.jpg

After some snooping through confirmed housemates followers/following list on IG, and checking who they follow back, here are a couple more to add to our Unconfirmed list:
Mitch - @mitchoi
Renata - @renatabub__

View attachment 56414

This leaves approx. 6 more housemates that we have SEEN in trailers (4 male, 2 female - assuming they identify as that) that we don't have any traction on so far:
View attachment 56415
View attachment 56416

I'm not 100% convinced Jake - @jakewtrs is a housemate. Only follows FlexMami and that's it. No other Big Brother account. And doesn't look like any of the remaining housemates. I think Jake is who people thought was Mitch.

Also, after snooping through all of these accounts, I cannot find reference to a "Jayne" or a "Jane" (other than Sarah-Jane). So either those last-remaining two unconfirmed girls are Jayne/Jane, there's an intruder named Jayne/Jane to come, or Sarah-Jane is our third finalist

I wonder if they are all excited because big brother just told them there won't be an eviction that hour.

Most likely Brenton as there is no one in the diary room pic that looks like that and we know who the 2 missing from the original 20 in the diary room shot are.

Unless it is circled white shirt guy but that may be a reach.
There is no tats on that guy so it is not Brenton. I have examined closely. 😜

Could be the dude with the glasses? He wouldn’t wear them when swimming. He is standing at the back in the diary room in between the 2 people who are circled by @EstelleCamillaSaraMarie.

Examining closely you might be right it is circled white shirt guy @Affable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back