Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 Wishlist

Do you agree with my "back to basics" Big Brother Australia formula for 2020?

• Yes.

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No.

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Gayspie

Hello Brotherhood,

As a Big Brother Fanatic, Here is a bare basic list of things that i would like any TV channel who airs big brother next year to feature:

1) Daily Show (Housemate focused) = 60 Minute episode of Big Brother airing every weeknight Monday to Friday from 8 00 PM to 9 00 PM.
2) Eviction Show (Public voting) = 60 Minute episode of Big Brother airing every Sunday night from 8 00 PM to 9 00 PM.
3) Online streaming (live access) = 24 Hour paid viewing of the house with multiple cams and mikes on a 1 minute safety time delay.

No stunts or tricks please, just back to basics in a new house would be nice.

What do you think friends?

This really isn’t a format. Nothing you’ve suggested would really change BB for better or worse aside from the inclusion of live streaming.

Also “back to basics” is a myth... There really isn’t a way to go back. HM’s are too aware and so are viewers. The format itself needs to move FORWARD... That said the show would benefit from a renewed focus on the fundamentals.

And nothing airs 8-9pm in Australia. It will likely be a 7.30pm slot, probably Sunday to Thursday if it's on Seven.

I've only got two things on my absolute wishlist.
1. I would love to see Gretel Killeen hosting it. I loved her in Big Brother, but I was a fan even before she had that gig.
2. Please, please, please can all the conversations in the house NOT be about the game and strategy, etc. It has a place on a show like Survivor but I've seen a couple of overseas episodes of BB that were all just that and it was horrible.
There's several other things I would like to see, but none of them are vital to my watching enjoyment.

It is worth noting BBUSA has evolved quite slowly but surely in recent years, partly thanks to the arrival of Big Brother Canada. Yes, the show is still built around gameplay and yes, they still cast some absolute douchebags, but they include far more funnier and lighter moments and have been much bolder with their twists in later years.

Survivor Australia shows too that the same format in two countries doesn't mean the same show - not just in how it's edited but also in how the game is played.

For what it's worth as much as I'd like to see an Aussie adaptation of the US format (and it's worth remembering BBAU has had some variant of Head of House ever since Friday Night Live launched) I do think the original format, or a variant of it, has the best chance of success.

Reactions: kxk
I think doing a BBUSA season might be a bit full on as it would turn off viewers. And I'm not sure whoever picks the show up will want to take that much of a risk. I mean they are already taking a risk by creating another season of a twice cancelled show.

Okay. Why cant the AFL broadcast be time delayed to allow for Big Bro?
Currently Ch7 shows BH+G 7 to 7.30 followed by AFL (first bounce at 7.50).
If BB daily show was a 30 minute show, it could air at 7 weeknights and not effect AFL so win/win.

Not sure if 7 would be happy having BH+G on 7two permenately tho...

Okay. Why cant the AFL broadcast be time delayed to allow for Big Bro?

Lol that will not be happening. AFL is their big Friday night draw card and are supposed to be live.

If they were to delay it, there would be a lot of annoyed AFL fans.

Okay. I understand the situation regarding the AFL but Why is channel 7 so concerned about the time slot and the channel allocation of better homes and gardens?

7pm? Ugh. I'd prefer an 8.30 slot for the show and maybe a late roundup on Fridays.
No reason why BBAU can't be:
BB Daily Show: Sunday to Friday at 7pm following the news
BB Up Late: Sunday to Thursday at 9.30pm/10pm/10.30pm (wherever the network feels it needs))
BB Eviction: Sunday at 7.30pm
BB Nominations: Monday at 7.30pm
BB Thursday Night Games: Thursday at 7.30pm

Plus live streams and companion shows if they feel they can milk the content and get good ratings.

Okay. I understand the situation regarding the AFL but Why is channel 7 so concerned about the time slot and the channel allocation of better homes and gardens?
At 7.30, Ch7 channel switch BH+G from 7 to 7two and the AFL from 7mate to 7.

I remember way back (possibly 2007-2011?) friday night games were delayed on 7 to allow BH+G to finish at 8.30.

Someone at Ch7 loves BH+G, the $$$ must stack up

Back