Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Housemates

Angela is an iconic AusBB housemate already. Had she featured in the old format she would be held in the same regard as the likes of Reggie, Paul, Vesna and Tim2013 imo. Sadly I think Soobong would also have been one of the better housemates of all time had he featured in the old format. If only Channel 9 had cast people like Angela, Ian, Soobong and even Allan/Tahlia in 2014, the show likely would have been renewed for 2015 I think. Damn that 2014 season was bland and dull.

I just rewatched Monday nights (16'th June) "green room fiasco", to get a better understanding of the whole green room situation. It's actually quite enlightening, this whole broken telephone thing....

Here's how it plays out :

It starts with Garth confiding with Shane and then Sophie about Kieran telling him that Danni called him a snake. Then he is shown with Kieran and Angela on the couch saying "you know what, she is bringing down the whole house".

He is then shown looking in the bedroom (looking to speak to who, we don't know), and encounters Danni there, who says "They're in the green room".
Garth: "What is?"
Danni "Everybody else", "Is that who you're looking for?"
Garth: "No" , as he walks out towards the green room.
Danni: "Oh".

In the green room, Garth finds Zoe & Casey, and Marissa walks in to join them:
Casey: "Hey"
Garth: "Hi"
Casey: "Whats' up?" (both are smiling and ok with Garth joining them)
Garth: "I don't know what I've done to upset Danny"
Casey: "What's wrong?"
Garth: "Just then I was walking just past, and she went, 'yeah, they're in the green room'."
Zoe: "What? About us two?"
Garth: "Yeh, and I was like, "Who?" She went..."
Zoe: "But what big deal?"
Garth: "Don't know, and I was like... I'm like, "I wasn't looking for anyone."
Zoe: "Are we meant to make an announcement now? Guys, we're going in the Green Room to talk about stuff"
Garth: "Don't worry about it girls" (walks out)
Zoe: "I'm feeling really attacked, like, victimised..... I'm gonna go grab her."

Zoe goes to pull Danni into the Green Room, Danny was sitting on the couch with Kieran. Kieran is evidently worried now and thinks that Zoe is onto the whole snake calling thing. He confided this to BB.

Zoe enters the Green Room with Danni, Marissa has left and Casey is still sitting.
Danni: "What's going on in here?"
( Kieran's confessional overrides the opening audio in the Green Room so we can't hear what they're saying )
Casey: "Like Garth just said you were, like, Oh yeah, they've gone to the Green Room. But kind of said it in a way that, like, as if we were, like, talking about people."
Danni: "Oh no, he just looked in the room, and I thought he was looking for you, so I said you're in the Green Room. You know evereyone would have gone, "Oh, OK."
Zoe: We don't want it to look like we're conspiring or doing something, or that we're secluding ourselves, because..." *trails off*
Danni: "Oh, I don't know. I'm a bit off about that now. That kind of piqued my interest a little bit."

Back in the hallway, Danni has left the Green Room and Angela cheerily says:
"Are you ok? Everything is all good?"
Danni: "Oh yeah, I'm a little bit, um...shocked. Zoe told me that Garth had come in and said that I had insinuated that they were in there bitching, which is ridiculous."
Angela: "Why did Garth have to do that?"
Danni: "I'm not too sure."
Angela: "Like, do you know what I mean? That's a shit stirrer right there? "
Danni: "Yeah"
Angela: "You light a fire and then you walk away."
Danni: "But I'm not gonna say anything."
Angela: "Don't"

Danni goes to confide with Big Brother (although the editing is showing other clips on top)
Danni: "Yeah, no. It could be two things. It could be, 'A', Garth was being a troublemaker, and did insinuate that I was being like that, or 'B', Zoe made the whole thing up. But now I feel really worried, Because if you upset the wrong people it can come back and hurt you in the end."

I still think producers got Kieran to do this. I don't think the he would have just decided for no reason to set up the most gullible HM like that, without some prompting. It played out perfectly, too.

It's funny how whenever they need a doctor, nurse or paramedic on tv, they wheel out someone hot. I notice it on 'Ambulance' too, all of these good looking young drivers attending (because it's for tv). I bet if I needed one they'd send someone a bit more... ordinary.

All the current house mates are terrible. I don’t want any of them to win. Perhaps I should switch off and watch Netflix instead lol

I guess lots of model / actors also need a more stable income job. Xavier is a paramedic.

Well, that's impressive. I wish we'd heard more... well, something about that, instead of Keiran DM footage, or Casey's bowel problems.

I made the choice to not look at or read anything about the housemates before night one, thinking I'd like to get to know them without preconceptions. Then I just couldn't be bothered, and I still did imagine that at some point there would be some footage of housemate interactions where I'd be able to form impressions and get to know them a bit on a basic level. How wrong I was.

Also, as we use paramedic in Australia, calling him 'Medic' last night (first time I noticed it, at any rate) was confusing.

Tried to watch that footage you linked, but gave up. The bloke on stage with Apollo, that wasn't him was it? Looked older than our Xavier, who will go down in history as having less airtime than a teabag that was fished out of a toilet and then used.

Well, that's impressive. I wish we'd heard more... well, something about that, instead of Keiran DM footage, or Casey's bowel problems.

I made the choice to not look at or read anything about the housemates before night one, thinking I'd like to get to know them without preconceptions. Then I just couldn't be bothered, and I still did imagine that at some point there would be some footage of housemate interactions where I'd be able to form impressions and get to know them a bit on a basic level. How wrong I was.

Also, as we use paramedic in Australia, calling him 'Medic' last night (first time I noticed it, at any rate) was confusing.

Tried to watch that footage you linked, but gave up. The bloke on stage with Apollo, that wasn't him was it? Looked older than our Xavier, who will go down in history as having less airtime than a teabag that was fished out of a toilet and then used.
Xav was offstage and it is was him

Last edited:
Back