Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: House

You can see a glimpse of it during the episode where they had to work in shifts. The first time Dan and Chad enter you can see the laundry. It’s directly next to the blue bedroom... which is why Marissa was caught attempting to push open that door earlier in the series.
BB called it a storeroom - I think it's used as both. Instead of going up a flight of stairs to the storeroom they had to turn right into the makeshift hallway that leads to the bunker.

Does the entry doorway have a couch in it ? Never seen that before..
The doorway is closed in that screenshot (white panel above Sarah's head). The blue couch sits in the corner between the bedroom and the doorway. It's where the fishtanks is/was.

Yup, the blue couch is where Ian's fish tank was placed. That is the entry/exit door

Fish Tank.jpg

The other door is in the bedroom

On the subject of bedrooms, at the start when the first 12 entered... didn't they think there must be more HMs coming because there are only 12... and there's another whole bedroom on the other side of that wall, through that open window space in the wall up there?

You can see a glimpse of it [the laundry/storeroom] during the episode where they had to work in shifts. The first time Dan and Chad enter you can see the laundry. It’s directly next to the blue bedroom
BB called it a storeroom - I think it's used as both. Instead of going up a flight of stairs to the storeroom they had to turn right into the makeshift hallway that leads to the bunker.

Blink and you miss it, so to recap:
bbau7-house-2020-storeroom-door-from-bedroom.jpg

I assume this 'store room' would also contain at least one toilet, as the floor is raised up the same as the main bathroom. It'd make sense for when/if housemates are locked main bedroom (or would Big Brother tell them to just hold it in 😏?). 'BB's Bunker' / white room would need a toilet as well - I wonder if any housemates while in the bedroom ever heard 'phantom' flushes?

If anyones been to the house. I'll be in Sydney for the week of the final. Almost 100% that they won't have an audience but would still want to head down to manly and see the house in person while I'm there.

How close can you get to the house, do they block it off?

If anyones been to the house. I'll be in Sydney for the week of the final. Almost 100% that they won't have an audience but would still want to head down to manly and see the house in person while I'm there.

I would assume there would be lots of armed policemen there.

Blink and you miss it, so to recap:
View attachment 55834

I assume this 'store room' would also contain at least one toilet, as the floor is raised up the same as the main bathroom. It'd make sense for when/if housemates are locked main bedroom (or would Big Brother tell them to just hold it in 😏?). 'BB's Bunker' / white room would need a toilet as well - I wonder if any housemates while in the bedroom ever heard 'phantom' flushes?
Nice find!! That all makes sense, thank you for educating regarding the construction too..

You can walk right up to it I believe as it is on public land. Obviously though if you go the day of the final, assuming the final is coming from the house, they'll be more activity so they'll be keen to keep you at a distance.

P.S. I've had a look on the relevant planning sites (I think) for NSW and the Manly area and can't find anything but wouldn't they have had to apply for permission to convert this building for use as the Big Brother house, so a chance a houseplan may be included as part of that and be available on the planning website.

P.S. I've had a look on the relevant planning sites (I think) for NSW and the Manly area and can't find anything but wouldn't they have had to apply for permission to convert this building for use as the Big Brother house, so a chance a houseplan may be included as part of that and be available on the planning website.

It's Commonwealth property that is managed by the Harbour Trust, and most development is submitted to/approved by the trust directly (no council applications required). The specific buildings that they occupy are known as the Museum Display Sheds in the North Fort Precinct, which are considered fit for "adaptive re-use." You can read the North Head management plan here.

Production will have had to have submitted plans with their application...you might be able to make an FOI request to get a copy of them?

i hate how obvious the cameras are in this house - are they living in a 7/11? what was wrong with the old set-up of having them behind mirrors?

I know it wasn't multiple cameras but doesn't anyone remember the yard camera from 2001 and 2002? Completely in plain sight on a pole. The HM's used to play games with it by squirting water on it's lens to activate the wipers IIRC.

I know it wasn't multiple cameras but doesn't anyone remember the yard camera from 2001 and 2002? Completely in plain sight on a pole. The HM's used to play games with it by squirting water on it's lens to activate the wipers IIRC.
You’ll ruin the narrative in here with your facts.

Probably a bathroom in that secret door...
6Y2dERB.gif

Yeh, classic scenes towards the end with Blair when they were low on content. It’s one of the few things I remember from 2001.

I really thought Johnny should have won that season but it appears the universe had a different interest.

Back