Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: House

It's going be hard to really change this house around very much in (potential) future seasons. There's always going to have to be the hallway connecting the two sheds, the main living area is always going to have to be where it is to connect to the backyard, etc. The fundamental layout of the house is pretty much the only way it could be.

If the show is going to be renewed, I feel like another purpose build house would be a good investment for 7
BBUSA has had the same layout for 15 years, and even then the new house was very much based on the layout of the old house with a few extras, like a second floor. BB Canada has has basically the same layout since their second season too but do a much better job of keeping it feeling fresh and different and have changes a few things up over time.

Ultimately there is little point in changing things for the sake of it, and if they need extra rooms in the future they can axe the eviction room and green room in favour of them.

BBUSA has had the same layout for 15 years, and even then the new house was very much based on the layout of the old house with a few extras, like a second floor. BB Canada has has basically the same layout since their second season too but do a much better job of keeping it feeling fresh and different and have changes a few things up over time.

Ultimately there is little point in changing things for the sake of it, and if they need extra rooms in the future they can axe the eviction room and green room in favour of them.

Hm, that’s true. Definitely not necessary to change the house much every year when you really think about it.

I do think that the location they are using right now really isn’t the best though. Feels like a budget compromise. Sure it’s probably good enough but there’s so much about it that’s just a bit awkward.

What a shocker. It's like they told the *builders* "Here's $10,000, build us a bathroom for 20 people", and then the builders built that mess and snuck off to the pub with $5k.
$10K for a bathroom!? You've been in Cambodia too long. As someone currently renovating their bathrooms I can tell you now that wouldn't buy you more than port-a-potty to put outside!

Though perhaps that explains the bathroom after all.

Is there any confirmation on where BB's Basement is located? Are there any updated house plans for this year?
It’s in the artillery gym as below which is all the way over the other side of the barracks. Near where the biggest looser used to be filmed. So essentially the housemates are being taken out of the house complex each time. They have just built a set into this room.. the light along the side with the windows match the positioning of on the “set” windows of the basement have the light coming through
212E4663-5506-4110-87F5-003E50AC22FA.jpeg

I guess it makes sense to have the arena away from the house - allows them to set and strike the challenge sets without having to worry about the noise filtering into the house.

Presumably somewhere within that set production is set up too - we've only seen one or two portakabins outside, and whilst a pre-recorded show may need less people on site than otherwise they'd still need quite a sizeable crew I'd have thought. I'd imagine though it's probably been edited completely off site.

Garth was on a certain podcast last night along with Johnnie from BB1 only reason I watch/listen is to hear about these past housemates experiences and inside stuff from the original series run on Ten. Even if I despise the person running them. Great to see some of them. When they had Vessna on it was hilarious.
Anyway. Garth said that apparently because of the way the house is built it is essentially a warehouse and there were possums in the roof most nights and they would apparently shit all over their beds in the bedroom.

More evidence of a shonky build. Lol
Wouldn’t happen in the Ten or Nine era house 😜

Last edited:
It’s in the artillery gym as below which is all the way over the other side of the barracks. Near where the biggest looser used to be filmed. So essentially the housemates are being taken out of the house complex each time. They have just built a set into this room.. the light along the side with the windows match the positioning of on the “set” windows of the basement have the light coming through

Yup, I think we can draw a line under that:

artillery gym.jpg

House - Challenge Arena Ceiling.jpg

I don’t think this room has been shown yet. But it’s to the right of the kitchen, I believe near the fish tank. I saw Garth guarding the door when he was doing the butler challenge and it only hit me after that I didn’t actually know what was behind that door. Any ideas?

Bring it back to Gold Coast, that plot was handy and could be used time and time again, and includes the ability to do live show and evictions, if they so choose. Although, considering the producers pitch for the new format mentioned recently in another thread, I am doubtful.

But if we could make a pitch to the pitchers, we could offer them ideas to make a live production work and still give them their 'safety net' that they are so worried about..

Bring it back to Gold Coast, that plot was handy and could be used time and time again, and includes the ability to do live show and evictions, if they so choose. Although, considering the producers pitch for the new format mentioned recently in another thread, I am doubtful.

But if we could make a pitch to the pitchers, we could offer them ideas to make a live production work and still give them their 'safety net' that they are so worried about..
They will never film a flagship in Queensland when their host and crew live in Sydney, their production house is in Sydney and it’s cheaper to use the resources Sydney has instead of spending millions on building facilities alone - this doesn’t cover actual costs for filming either.

Big Brother is never going back to Queensland, that era is finished.

Back