Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: House

I like how they’re aware they’re making a television show and just used the right lighting and enabled better cameras to be used with the mirrored alcoves and camera “blinds” I also love how there’s barely any ceilings in the house, gives the feeling like they’re actually trapped and being looked over. The house is so good, I’d love to see what they can do with a larger and more permanent premises for season 2!

Kinda wanna build a virtual version of the house again like the 2014 one in my pfp, but I don’t have all the all the time in the world anymore like I did when I was 12 rip. Not sure if it’s worth failing my HSC for 😳

Kinda wanna build a virtual version of the house again like the 2014 one in my pfp, but I don’t have all the all the time in the world anymore like I did when I was 12 rip. Not sure if it’s worth failing my HSC for 😳

Do it! I was on Eden building things all throughout my year 12, nothing wrong with spending an hour or 2 a day.

i actually really love this house, yeah okay, its a little shonky (when i walked past the house I saw quite a bit of expanding foam between the cracks of the walls and roof of the what i now know to be the bathroom), but they way they've used the couple of warehouses they were given... I gotta hand it to them, they've done a tremendous job, it looks amazing, matches the futuristic, AI-always-on vibes they seem to be running on, and all the sick LEDs, ugh, love it. Mad props to the set designers on this one, they nailed it.

Do we know if there are actually camera runs behind the slanted two-way mirrors? Would be helpful to know for building the house

Do we know if there are actually camera runs behind the slanted two-way mirrors?
They sure are! They're featured heavily here:

We also got a quick glimpse during last night's episode:

Screen-Shot-2020-06-10-at-4-29-38-pm.png
Screen-Shot-2020-06-10-at-4-29-02-pm.png

That shot was hilarious. They weren't ready at all for the new housemates walking into the room (even though they announced it and crept in slowly) PLUS for a pre-recorded show they could've cut some of those frames out that made the shot look awkward and just had a shot of the kitchen with the audio overlayed.

It just looked REALLY bad.

With the 4 minutes of the first episode released. From the eviction lounge room, you can see the glowing hallway through the door which confirms where that is placed and of course the bedroom behind the kitchen, but we still haven't seen how that's fully configured. The scale is definitely way off but it gives an idea of how the house is laid out. The extra doorway in the hall is the only unknown, it could be a pretend entry to the basement, and with the magic of editing the housemates walk through that door and end up in the shed 1k away from the house!

View attachment 55409
Any further thoughts on the house plan? It seems the two bedrooms are on either side the kitchen, plus Sonia has her little studio in that part of the building too. Think though this isn't too far off from what we've seen.

It seems the two bedrooms are on either side the kitchen, plus Sonia has her little studio in that part of the building too.

Looking at the clip of Sonia 'walking' into her studio my guess is that it isn't directly through that door. It doesn't seem to fit into that building. My assumption is that the third building on the bottom right is where the studio and production are housed along with the trailers right beside it. We've seen they like to create imaginary doors to places like they did with Big Brothers play Basement.
Sonia's Studio.jpg
This is the last house plan I'll do, its not accurate in terms of scale at all but it shows how the house is set up.

FLOORPLAN.jpg

plus Sonia has her little studio in that part of the building too

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Sonia's 'studio' is contained within that single transportable building that is linked up to the entry/exit hallway by an airport gate jet bridge shaped enclosed walkway. That transportable is accessible via the (not very) hidden doorway that Sonia walked through in episode 1. How much space do you really need for a single camera angle of one person standing in the one spot? This is just a theory and I could be wrong. If the transportable is not Sonia's studio, then it must have another specific purpose, as why bother linking it up to the sheds via enclosed walkways?

bbau7-house-2020-soniastudio-theory.jpg bbau7-house-2020-soniastudio-screenshot.jpg

You know what confuses me is why they call the challenge area the "basement". It's clearly not a basement as you can see the pitched roof in the episodes. Basements are located downstairs, mostly or entirely underground.

You know what confuses me is why they call the challenge area the "basement". It's clearly not a basement as you can see the pitched roof in the episodes. Basements are located downstairs, mostly or entirely underground.
Have they referred to it as the "basement" in any of the eps yet? I don't recall, but probably just my bad memory.

I know it's been referred to as the basement on socials though.

Something else I noticed is about the room that the housemates sit in at Eviction time. In Sonia's tour she called it the "Eviction Room". In episode 1, the Big Brother voice also called it the Eviction Room. However fast forward to episode 3 and the Big Brother voice calls it the "Nomination Room". So which one is it? 🤨

No wonder the 2020 housemates have picked up that old habit of putting their fellow housemates "up for nomination"! @the Theorist you might have an excuse (this time)! ;)

Also, in the midst of Marissa’s meltdown in the latest episode she very clearly went to leave through a door in the back corner of the bedroom. It was locked and she turned around. But where does it lead and why was she trying to get through it?

Back