Skip to main content

Big Brother 20 US - Pre-Season

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Great interview with Grodner... Most of the interview talks about the celebrity series but starting around the 13:40 mark... She says the cast will be all newbies... She also says they are
"completely revamping the house" and "it's all new"...

While a new house would be a very welcomed change given that they often build hype about minor things I really can't get too invested... I'm extremely happy to hear that this series will be a completely new cast... I'm also very interested in finding out the twist... Aside from the fact that the twist lead to Paul having complete control over the house and the HG's last summer IMO it was actually the best twist they've come up with in the last decade... Also given that CBB was actually very good shows that when they want to The Grodner & Co can actually produce a decent series when they want to...

Interesting - I'm with you on the house and won't believe it really is "all new" until we see it. This layout hasn't really worked for them for years - it's fine to keep it the same when it works for the show but it has actually limited what they can do for some time and left them with redundant space where they don't need it and no space where they do.

Interesting - I'm with you on the house and won't believe it really is "all new" until we see it. This layout hasn't really worked for them for years - it's fine to keep it the same when it works for the show but it has actually limited what they can do for some time and left them with redundant space where they don't need it and no space where they do.

My guess is that if they really are serious about changing the layout it's due to a continuation of the winter celebrity series... I think it was really only then that it became evident how limited the space has become... Otherwise I don't think it has mattered that much or we would have seen a change much sooner...

Yes, and that second series a year may have given them the funds to make the change.

It's funny to think we all hated Grodner for most of her first decade in charge but I really do think with maturity has come a confidence with BBUSA. In it's early years it's survival was very much on a year to year basis so they couldn't take huge risks. They've been far more willing to change things up a bit in recent years, and crucially been quite open in admitting to their mistakes. I think that's why this years BB Canada is a bit of a let down - they seem to be playing it safe, in many ways producing a show for the network rather than the viewers.

Yes, and that second series a year may have given them the funds to make the change.

It's funny to think we all hated Grodner for most of her first decade in charge but I really do think with maturity has come a confidence with BBUSA. In it's early years it's survival was very much on a year to year basis so they couldn't take huge risks. They've been far more willing to change things up a bit in recent years, and crucially been quite open in admitting to their mistakes. I think that's why this years BB Canada is a bit of a let down - they seem to be playing it safe, in many ways producing a show for the network rather than the viewers.

I'm still not a huge fan of Grodner & Co but I have been enjoying how they've become more open to trying out new ideas and taking about the series in general... To be honest if it wasn't for BB Canada putting their own spin on the US format I have little doubt they'd still be dishing out the same old format they were 10 years ago...

Shouldn't be surprised really but from the small glimpses of the house so far it's clear there hasn't been any complete revamp at all beyond the usual decoration.

Shouldn't be surprised really but from the small glimpses of the house so far it's clear there hasn't been any complete revamp at all beyond the usual decoration.

Not surprising at all considering the way she said it... “Revamp” is clearly something she thought could be interpreted in several ways... Can’t say I’m not just a little bit disappointed though as a new layout long overdue...

I'd be surprised if it was considering the last one got bumped to late night. They're more likely to run the UK version of Love Island after the local version finishes I'd have thought.

I'd be surprised if it was considering the last one got bumped to late night. They're more likely to run the UK version of Love Island after the local version finishes I'd have thought.

They have run the last three seasons of Love Island UK on 9 Life. I would assume it would be the same now. All three seasons are also available on 9Now too.

Back