Skip to main content

Big Bash League 2013/14

No wonder I had no idea, world's most boring game! :p

crickets.gif

Can't wait for this to come around again. Should attract even more interest this year with the move to free to air television and commercial radio!

Just hoping for a much better year from the Strikers, have lost Polard but think we've recruited well, so hopefully semis at least this year unlike the last two years. Can't wait to get along to the new Adelaide Oval and support the boys, though our first two games are away.

A question to anyone who has been to either the Melbourne derby (Stars vs Renegades) or Sydney (Sixers vs Thunder) what are they like? Are there genuine rivalries developing in those cities?

And we're away for another season! Melbourne Stars gave the Renegades a real belting last night. They sure would've enjoyed that after copping two hidings at the hands of their cross town rivals last season. Tv ratings were very strong and the crowd was 25-266.

Sydney derbi tonight, featuring David Warner, should be a ripper!

No wonder I had no idea, world's most boring game! :p

Have you ever been to a live match?
Could change your mind if you see a legend in full flight 'tis a thing of beauty.
At the MCG of course, another thing of beauty:)

I have only ever attended the Aussie v somebody 20/20s AWESOME.

My mother explained the beauty and history of cricket, as we sat up all night watching Oz get smashed when we were shit.

My mother could make anything sound romantic and epic, she admired the lone batsman making a stand when all else was lost.
And the tail enders. And the Don.

And we did the same with America's Cup, until we won. Love that memory, watching us win, with Mum, dawn.
Nice memories.

[MENTION=899]kxk[/MENTION] Can't say I ever have and to be honest I'm unlikely too. I've never been a huge sports fan, football (soccer) is the only one I follow with passion.

[MENTION=899]kxk[/MENTION] Can't say I ever have and to be honest I'm unlikely too. I've never been a huge sports fan, football (soccer) is the only one I follow with passion.

I like proper football (soccer) too, I got a bit fascinated one world cup with the South Americans - they make it look like pinball, so neat.
And we saw the Socceroos play Chile for the Olympic Games here in Melbourne, Chile went on to win the gold medal
and they had a very cool chant.

I'm not fully sports loving, don't follow teams of anything other than Australia versus whoever, & kind of spasmodic, I like going to the MCG more than anything - it is so magnificent now.
And I hate AFL & rugby, so it has to be cricket - possibly because I used to date a cricketer??? I always liked the long pants/whites, elegant for a sport.

Round 2 starts tonight at the WACA ground in Perth, Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Renegades. Important one for both sides with both coming off round 1 losses. I expect the Scorchers will be too strong!

I'm tipping the Adelaide Strikers to continue the Sydney Thunder's long losing run, Brisbane should make it 2 from 2 against Hobart, and I think the Melbourne Stars will be too strong for the Sydney Sixers at the SCG.

Back