Skip to main content

"Better than f...king your Aunty"

Ryan hasn't been keen on Travis for a few weeks since they were broken up as a Pair, and was then paired up with Sam, where Travis still thought they were mates until their fight, so it hit Travis harder when Ryan didn't want anything to do with him, or be friends outside the house.
Cryan's Cronies have been baiting Travis for a while now, especially after the hotel task and Travis defending Aisha's against Sam and Priya's day spa treatment

Fair enough, I honestly understand that.
I think the point though is that people are now making Travis out to be a saint and that he has this almighty moral high ground. Sure, what Ryan said clearly wasn't okay and Travis reacted accordingly, however, it's ludicrous to start calling Travis the "underdog" and that he "doesn't care what people think" when the actual fact is that Travis has alienated the housemates against him. He's constantly yapping, he's not sensitive to anyone's feelings at all.

ALSO let's not forget, that these people also have had a lot of alcohol, and they aren't thinking like they normally would, hence Ryan's sudden move to Travis and Travis's quick retort. I think we need to cut them some slack, and clearly it was water under the bridge the next day as Travis and Ryan were joking around and having a good time.
You say they were joking around having a good time?
When Leo said 'they were throwing shots at each other the entire time. It was hilarious' after the radio challenge. I did not see this as joking around. When Ryan said he'd hook up with Aisha, he knew that would piss Travis off. Ryan looked right at him with that smug 'I'm better than you' look he has. Ryan wasn't joking around, he had ulterior motives.

Whilst Travis may madden me at times, I did feel sympathetic towards him.

Ryan was rather uptight and cocky on this issue (I'm still a fan though). At least, he stood up against Travis - no one else could. So props to that....

I'm not Trav's biggest fan but I can admit he's a good bloke especially after that display.

I like Ryan but his logic was very flawed

The whole thing was pathetic, it's these dickheads that can't handle their alcohol that keep me at home mixing my own drinks. You can just imagine what would have happened if this was down at the local pub.
Besides all that, Ryan is a tosser, at least Travis tried to apologise and admitted he'd done wrong.

The whole thing was pathetic, it's these dickheads that can't handle their alcohol that keep me at home mixing my own drinks. You can just imagine what would have happened if this was down at the local pub.
Besides all that, Ryan is a tosser, at least Travis tried to apologise and admitted he'd done wrong.
Two wrongs don't make a right but Cryan instigated so he can't say he didn't ask for it.

The thing with this exchange is that there was already tension between those two from way back.

When you hate someone like Ryan hates Travis there would have been a whole bunch of other more subtle exchanges that would have put Travis on edge with Ryan. It's a confined space, everything is out of proportion feelings wise.

Travis just lashed back at Ryan's comment as he knows that it wasnt just banter, there is definitely a layer of maliciousness with Ryan's teasing of Trav. Trav is an intellectually simple guy so probably not very good at psychological bullying and just reacted. Travis even admitted it.

But Ryan ended up showing his maturity level which isn't much higher than Skye's with his reaction.

Ps. Never heard of this 'better than fucking your Aunty saying?'

We pretty much don't know either side of the story really...Ryan could have said that in response to something else going on.

There are two sides to every story and we didn't see the whole thing.
To me it seemed like Travis and Ryan were angry even prior to that "aunty" comment so I'm not sure what went on before that for Ryan to say that BUT either way....the comment was really low and classless, Travis just returned what Ryan started and ended up being in major trouble for it because we all know how much Ryan loves his sisters.

I don't think anyone is the good guy in this...they both stooped pretty low.
I have to agree with you on that.
We do not know the full story and perhaps something else had happened earlier that wasn't shown.
Wish they would just have a drink and be mates again...

Their comments were both as equally as bad as each others', the difference was in their reactions. Travis tried to apologise and sort it out, Ryan threatened to beat Travis up, bitched about him to the others and basically tried to avoid talking about it. Neither is a hero but Ryans' reaction was worse. It was like the spa thing, Priya apologised but Sam said he wasn't in the wrong.

Guys, do you know what I find funny, after reading this whole thread?
For several weeks now we have been saying we don't see enough of Ryan, he is never in the show. But now that he's voiced his opinion and perhaps found his place in the house we are complaining about that too.
I am not saying what he did was right or wrong. I'm just trying to highlight the fact that he has become more visible and perhaps is testing the waters so to speak.
Maybe in time he will change.
Who knows...

Guys, do you know what I find funny, after reading this whole thread?
For several weeks now we have been saying we don't see enough of Ryan, he is never in the show. But now that he's voiced his opinion and perhaps found his place in the house we are complaining about that too.
I am not saying what he did was right or wrong. I'm just trying to highlight the fact that he has become more visible and perhaps is testing the waters so to speak.
Maybe in time he will change.
Who knows...
What we are complaining about has nothing to do with anything other than how be deliberately started shit with Travis and then manipulated him into thinking it was his fault. Nobody respects a moron like that especially a soft cock who tries to act hard when we all know Travis would easily drop Cryan like a sack of potatoes.

Hold on, so you think Ryan was genuinely talking about Travis's aunty? It's a bit of fun, it's a one liner that's designed to get people laughing, similar to Lisa's "boom bitch", it's not used in a literal way, it's used for a bit of fun. Travis's response was genuinely meant to hurt Ryan, he knows that Ryan is close to his sisters and he stooped low when he said it trying to get a laugh.
I don't see the difference. Travis might have a close family. Ryan knows nothing about them so what right does he have saying that?
Travis just it back and Ryan couldn't handle it

I'm not a Travis fan but they all pick on him. It's mean girls in reverse

I don't really understand why sayings like this are offensive. It's not like Ryan or Travis know each others families. It is just a silly and unnecessary wannabe insult IMO.

Travis's comment was inappropriate but Ryan didn't need to act like a knob about it. Instead he could have said:

Back