Skip to main content

Benjamin HM 2012 - Officially joins Behind Big Brother.

Isn't that what we are doing now- Having a discussion? What everyone here doing- discussing? I'm honestly confused
Saying "well if you don't like it then.... (I dunno, some sort of inferred response)" is not really a discussion lol

Everyone is entitled to their opinion..... but one of the beauties of a forum is the potential to discuss and sway opinions.

Sure, at the end of the day, people are going to have their opinions, and most times you just have to go with the cliche "let's just agree to disagree" but what's the point of a forum if there's no room for discussion?
I agree with you but at the end of the day Ben had a lot of regrettable actions.
There's plenty of room for discussion but both sides can have their say.
I just take exception to 'Hater' because in this instance some of the actions were worthy of criticism.
If he's genuine, Ben will respond to the questions his fans ask regardless, I'm sure he knew he was going to get some heat.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion..... but one of the beauties of a forum is the potential to discuss and sway opinions.

Sure, at the end of the day, people are going to have their opinions, and most times you just have to go with the cliche "let's just agree to disagree" but what's the point of a forum if there's no room for discussion?

Yes but just saying "get over it, it's been two years" is not really a way to sway people's opinions or add any discussion. Saying that phrase makes me think that you think my point of view is worthless because it happened 2 years ago. Sometimes people can't move on or can live in peace with it unless something from the past comes along and the old feelings resurface again (said HM joins a Big Brother fan forum). What was he expecting in here? Everyone to applaud him and massage his ego? He even states he has read this place so knows that there is a bit of hate on here. He made a lot of people upset from his time in the house and a controversial winner is always going to stir things up by joining a unofficial Big Brother fan forum.

Like my long post, two pages back I was trying to describe how I felt about Ben and his time in the house and why I was upset he decided to join here. I was replying to @Trala's post because she disagreed with me and said she liked Ben because he was a bit of a gossip. I replied stating it was not that reason at all why I didn't like him and in my opinion he wasn't a deserving housemate/entertaining/winner because of his behaviour I mentioned in that post. @Trala told me I was wrong and said I thought my opinion was fact. It may not be fact but I really think ethically what he did was wrong. Some people thought Ben was still entertaining though despite that wrong behaviour. Fair enough but in my opinion it outweighed any good qualities.

And I'm sorry if this hurts you Ben but the fact is there was a lot of upset people by your time in the house. It really was not pleasant watching a group mentality in the house and the isolating of one person. Big Brother is, for some of us, our favourite TV show and we really thought it got too nasty and even on the finale. :(

A couple nice things I can say to you: I was happy when you proposed to your boyfriend, I hope your relationship is going well and I truly wish you all the best . I also think you look great with your new hair. Having it a bit longer looks really good on you :).

My overall point initially was missed. That's ok. I'm done arguing.

'Haters' is a generic term for people who harbour grudges.

Many of the HM's have behaved in a despicable manner... It's a game.

Tim was a prick of a thing too.....so many of the HM's and winners have become pricks in order to try to get to the winners' podium $$$$.

Be a little bit more understanding towards past HM's who have the courage to come back to the forums. That is my overall point that was missed.

My overall point initially was missed. That's ok. I'm done arguing.

'Haters' is a generic term for people who harbour grudges.

Many of the HM's have behaved in a despicable manner... It's a game.

Tim was a prick of a thing too.....so many of the HM's and winners have become pricks in order to try to get to the winners' podium $$$$.

Be a little bit more understanding towards past HM's who have the courage to come back to the forums. That is my overall point that was missed.

2012 just brings back very very bad memories for me. And I believe Tim was not as bad as the majority of the 2012 cast. Not at all. Did Tim ever throw water in another housemates face? No!

I'm not a hater. I just suppose I am upset that he has joined up here, fishing for compliments and has (in my opinion) bad excuses for his behaviour. (seeing Angelica Huston in "Smash" throwing glass of water in peoples faces and copying it... Really? From a grown man?). I am also bitter that he won. Australia decided it and I have to live with that however I don't really want to communicate with him and I suppose it shocked me how many people were (in my opinion) sucking up to him just because he was an past housemate. My reaction would have been the same if Michael, Stacey, Josh, Layla and Zoe joined this forum.

That season really makes me angry and sad. Any other ex-HM from any other season is welcome, no bad comments from me whatsoever even Tully and I didn't really like her. None of them has made me feel the way the 2012 dreadful series had. Their self importance egos were really off putting.

Sorry for being rude to you @LoveBB but I won't let this go at least not for a while. But like you said we are all entitled to our own opinion and I think I pretty much said everything I needed to say on 2012 and Ben.

Good golly, Miss Molly. Some of y'all need to calm down.

The main thing is that @Benjamin2012HM is now a member of this forum. Like him or hate him, he's here. He's also a human being like the rest of us. We're all excited that he's here and we have all kinds of things we want to tell him or ask him about. But remember, y'all.... he's a human being. He has a life just like the rest of us.

Ben12, welcome [back] to the forum. We'll be looking forward to any insight you may have and a lot of us may be following you. I thought you and Stacey were hilarious.

Yes but just saying "get over it, it's been two years" is not really a way to sway people's opinions or add any discussion. Saying that phrase makes me think that you think my point of view is worthless because it happened 2 years ago. Sometimes people can't move on or can live in peace with it unless something from the past comes along and the old feelings resurface again (said HM joins a Big Brother fan forum). What was he expecting in here? Everyone to applaud him and massage his ego? He even states he has read this place so knows that there is a bit of hate on here. He made a lot of people upset from his time in the house and a controversial winner is always going to stir things up by joining a unofficial Big Brother fan forum.

Like my long post, two pages back I was trying to describe how I felt about Ben and his time in the house and why I was upset he decided to join here. I was replying to @Trala's post because she disagreed with me and said she liked Ben because he was a bit of a gossip. I replied stating it was not that reason at all why I didn't like him and in my opinion he wasn't a deserving housemate/entertaining/winner because of his behaviour I mentioned in that post. @Trala told me I was wrong and said I thought my opinion was fact. It may not be fact but I really think ethically what he did was wrong. Some people thought Ben was still entertaining though despite that wrong behaviour. Fair enough but in my opinion it outweighed any good qualities.

And I'm sorry if this hurts you Ben but the fact is there was a lot of upset people by your time in the house. It really was not pleasant watching a group mentality in the house and the isolating of one person. Big Brother is, for some of us, our favourite TV show and we really thought it got too nasty and even on the finale. :(

A couple nice things I can say to you: I was happy when you proposed to your boyfriend, I hope your relationship is going well and I truly wish you all the best . I also think you look great with your new hair. Having it a bit longer looks really good on you :).

Lucas that is not what I said. I said "just because you feel offended and outraged by Ben's behaviour doesn't mean you are just", just as the fact I am not offended or outraged by Ben's behaviour doesn't make me right. It is a different take and response of another human being. It is okay not to like people. If I had a dollar for every person in this site who felt serious dislike for me, I could buy the BBB site and permaban Housemates Antics members! Ha! And that's okay, in case you haven't noticed, I can be super unlikable.

I understand watching housemates in the house two years ago has had a profound affect on you. But there are a few things you need to remember. When you lock strangers in a house and view them under a microscope, response and emotions will be extreme, behaviours will be extreme. That means when you behave at your worst, it will be magnified by x100% and when you behave at your best (well that won't be shown because outrage sells Ha!) it too will be magnified by x100%.

You talk about groups isolating people, it is a spiteful human behaviour, and that is something we have seen in here with a couple of posters, when the lone weakest link has been ganged up on and ridiculed. Granted they are super annoying posters, and you understand why people do it, however it doens't make it right. When people find you annoying, they are going to try to keep you away, shut you out, that is human nature. While I agree it is not nice, it is a flawed human response and very difficult to watch as an outsider looking in. For what ever reason the majority of housemates found poor Estelle annoying, I too found her super annoying watching her. But watching a person you deem as annoying treated like shit and isolated is upsetting whether that is in the BB house, in real life or in BBB threads. There were many times I just wanted to whisk her out of that house for her own sanity! Estelle however prevailed. Her attitude and response to difficult situations made her a winner. She didn't allow herself to be victimised and she showed great strength of character.

While I agree some of Ben's moments were not his greatest, flawed people walk among us. Sadly Estelle's wholesome and kind take on life is not the norm. Good people some times behave badly, they say the wrong things, they hurt the people they like and they sometimes behave like cunts. Ben has apologised, he has come here to further explain himself, what do you need from Ben to put this behind you and move forward?

Grudges and internal anger are no good for anyone, especially the person living with them. Opinions aren't fact. Opinions are just the individual persons take on events. Having an opinion doesn't mean you are right, it just means you have your own take on the matter. It is okay for you never to like Ben, but don't let that anger eat you up.

You read like a good egg, like a kind person. Continue being the change you want to see in others. In my experience good people make us reflect on our own flaws and make us aware of were we need to improve.

I can see that everyone is feeling pretty passionate within this forum - it's clear that Ben (the person that we have got to know through Big Brother and Twitter etc) is either loved or hated, it appears there is not many who fall in the middle. But remember, we don't know him on a personal level - there is a difference!

For the people that hated him: Ben provided conflict within the house, which in turn equals entertainment. Sure, as a viewer, I didn't agree with a lot of things that Ben said and did on the show, but at the same time I know that how a person comes across on ANY television show has a lot to do with how it is edited, and therefore I didn't let it affect me personally - he was a character on a television show - at least he wasn't boring!

For the people that loved him: It's good that there are people here who appreciate some of the things that Ben did during his time on the show, and also it should be noted that by winning Big Brother, and by proposing on television, Ben may have broken through some barriers for gay people, which is something that should be respected.

From a personal perspective: I think that Ben is just unashamedly Ben. I have read a few of his comments on here, and to be honest, some of them were a little cringe-worthy... I feel that Ben speaks his mind regardless of how it will reflect upon himself and without thinking about how the people he is talking about might take it personally - but the world needs people like this, the world needs all kinds of people, the world would be so boring if everyone was the same!

I also noticed in a few posts that people were making comparisons between Ben and Tim. Obviously this is going to happen since they are both winners of Big Brother. I think however, it is interesting to see the differences in attitudes and behaviours displayed by both Tim and Ben on this site. I feel that, despite Tim coming across as a self-centred person on the show, he was very pleasant and respectful with his interactions with the people on this site, whereas Ben came across in more of a confrontational way. All I can put this down to is that Tim has had a lot of media experience, and would come into this forum knowing that the way he comes across is important to himself and his career, not saying he is being fake, but I think he would at least take into consideration the feelings of the people he interacts with and also talks about before speaking about them on here, but I think Ben was pushed into the limelight by Big Brother without being equipped with the skills required to cope with the stress of being cast into the media spotlight, evidenced by some of the behaviour we have witnessed since he left the house, some of which we wouldn't usually associate with a celebrity (regardless of where they stand on the scale of A-Z.)

A lot of celebrities have their twitter and public accounts managed for them by PR people, but I don't think BB contestants would have this kind of service available to them (although I guess Ben's partner could be counted as his defacto-PR person thanks to him making the wise decision to delete those tweets)... but at least this proves that Ben was in fact a genuine person on the show, because his attitudes and behaviours have been consistent both on and off the show, so for those who complain that BB contestants are too fake, then Ben should be right up your alley!

But at the same time, I'm also a little bit disappointed to see all of the hate expressed towards him. I think there are both times and places for expressing what you truly feel, and when someone takes their time out to join a forum and talk with fans of a show, I think that a certain level of respect is in order. I know some people will say that not speaking your mind would mean being fake, but Ben is still a human being and even if you don't respect his attitudes and behaviours, I think you should at least respect yourself by being careful with what you say about another person when they are effectively right in front of you! I think people should always live by 'if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all' mantra. And I respect the person who specifically mentioned that they didn't participate in Tim's forum simply because they didn't like him and therefore chose to say nothing instead of saying something nasty, (I would mention your username here, but I forgot which page this was on) but whoever you are, I think that kind of attitude is a great one to have!

Anyway, I'm getting off track, as I always seem to do... I think regardless of whether you hate or love Ben, at least we can all thank him for agreeing to share his life with us through Big Brother and also to thank him for providing us with entertainment. That is a sacrifice that in all honestly, not many people would be willing to make.
I have an essay I need written for uni do you think you could help a girl out and write it for me,

I can see that everyone is feeling pretty passionate within this forum - it's clear that Ben (the person that we have got to know through Big Brother and Twitter etc) is either loved or hated, it appears there is not many who fall in the middle. But remember, we don't know him on a personal level - there is a difference!

For the people that hated him: Ben provided conflict within the house, which in turn equals entertainment. Sure, as a viewer, I didn't agree with a lot of things that Ben said and did on the show, but at the same time I know that how a person comes across on ANY television show has a lot to do with how it is edited, and therefore I didn't let it affect me personally - he was a character on a television show - at least he wasn't boring!

For the people that loved him: It's good that there are people here who appreciate some of the things that Ben did during his time on the show, and also it should be noted that by winning Big Brother, and by proposing on television, Ben may have broken through some barriers for gay people, which is something that should be respected.

From a personal perspective: I think that Ben is just unashamedly Ben. I have read a few of his comments on here, and to be honest, some of them were a little cringe-worthy... I feel that Ben speaks his mind regardless of how it will reflect upon himself and without thinking about how the people he is talking about might take it personally - but the world needs people like this, the world needs all kinds of people, the world would be so boring if everyone was the same!

I also noticed in a few posts that people were making comparisons between Ben and Tim. Obviously this is going to happen since they are both winners of Big Brother. I think however, it is interesting to see the differences in attitudes and behaviours displayed by both Tim and Ben on this site. I feel that, despite Tim coming across as a self-centred person on the show, he was very pleasant and respectful with his interactions with the people on this site, whereas Ben came across in more of a confrontational way. All I can put this down to is that Tim has had a lot of media experience, and would come into this forum knowing that the way he comes across is important to himself and his career, not saying he is being fake, but I think he would at least take into consideration the feelings of the people he interacts with and also talks about before speaking about them on here, but I think Ben was pushed into the limelight by Big Brother without being equipped with the skills required to cope with the stress of being cast into the media spotlight, evidenced by some of the behaviour we have witnessed since he left the house, some of which we wouldn't usually associate with a celebrity (regardless of where they stand on the scale of A-Z.)

A lot of celebrities have their twitter and public accounts managed for them by PR people, but I don't think BB contestants would have this kind of service available to them (although I guess Ben's partner could be counted as his defacto-PR person thanks to him making the wise decision to delete those tweets)... but at least this proves that Ben was in fact a genuine person on the show, because his attitudes and behaviours have been consistent both on and off the show, so for those who complain that BB contestants are too fake, then Ben should be right up your alley!

But at the same time, I'm also a little bit disappointed to see all of the hate expressed towards him. I think there are both times and places for expressing what you truly feel, and when someone takes their time out to join a forum and talk with fans of a show, I think that a certain level of respect is in order. I know some people will say that not speaking your mind would mean being fake, but Ben is still a human being and even if you don't respect his attitudes and behaviours, I think you should at least respect yourself by being careful with what you say about another person when they are effectively right in front of you! I think people should always live by 'if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all' mantra. And I respect the person who specifically mentioned that they didn't participate in Tim's forum simply because they didn't like him and therefore chose to say nothing instead of saying something nasty, (I would mention your username here, but I forgot which page this was on) but whoever you are, I think that kind of attitude is a great one to have!

Anyway, I'm getting off track, as I always seem to do... I think regardless of whether you hate or love Ben, at least we can all thank him for agreeing to share his life with us through Big Brother and also to thank him for providing us with entertainment. That is a sacrifice that in all honestly, not many people would be willing to make.
I have an essay I need written for uni do you think you could help a girl out and write it for me,

guuuurrlllll

you won because big brother showed that estelle was winning the vote with like 3 days to go
I was a huge Estelle fan, but I have to disagree with this, he won because Australia voted that way. Irrespective that the graph was shown the last three days we were still informed that the leaders were changing. I really think Estelle's supporters just ran out of money and that's why Ben won.

WoW @Benjamin2012HM I’m so glad you joined this forum. You were my favourite house mate in 2012. All those Late night gossip and bitching sessions about housemates u didn’t like and that wonk Estelle. Loved it all. You mentioned you went on holiday with Estelle, you poor think having to put up with someone like that – she was really weird wasn’t she and deserved everything she got. Ben you provided us with conflict, entertainment and laughs.

I follow you on twitter and loved your comments/fight with @Timdormer . Very Amusing. Please don’t apologize – you have no need to.

Ignore the haters out there – you won for a reason, because you are a wonderful, decent human being – and Australia saw that – otherwise you wouldn’t of won.

My question to you @Benjamin2012HM which housemate would you love to squash?

2012 just brings back very very bad memories for me. And I believe Tim was not as bad as the majority of the 2012 cast. Not at all. Did Tim ever throw water in another housemates face? No!

I'm not a hater. I just suppose I am upset that he has joined up here, fishing for compliments and has (in my opinion) bad excuses for his behaviour. (seeing Angelica Huston in "Smash" throwing glass of water in peoples faces and copying it... Really? From a grown man?). I am also bitter that he won. Australia decided it and I have to live with that however I don't really want to communicate with him and I suppose it shocked me how many people were (in my opinion) sucking up to him just because he was an past housemate. My reaction would have been the same if Michael, Stacey, Josh, Layla and Zoe joined this forum.

That season really makes me angry and sad. Any other ex-HM from any other season is welcome, no bad comments from me whatsoever even Tully and I didn't really like her. None of them has made me feel the way the 2012 dreadful series had. Their self importance egos were really off putting.

Sorry for being rude to you @LoveBB but I won't let this go at least not for a while. But like you said we are all entitled to our own opinion and I think I pretty much said everything I needed to say on 2012 and Ben.
So your going to go out of your way to in some part bully Ben on this forum and make his time here uncomfortable and make the people that would like to hear about bens journey and what he's up to difficult. So Far you are just displaying the same behaviour that your complaining about. STAGGERING.

Lucas that is not what I said. I said "just because you feel offended and outraged by Ben's behaviour doesn't mean you are just", just as the fact I am not offended or outraged by Ben's behaviour doesn't make me right. It is a different take and response of another human being. It is okay not to like people. If I had a dollar for every person in this site who felt serious dislike for me, I could buy the BBB site and permaban Housemates Antics members! Ha! And that's okay, in case you haven't noticed, I can be super unlikable.

I understand watching housemates in the house two years ago has had a profound affect on you. But there are a few things you need to remember. When you lock strangers in a house and view them under a microscope, response and emotions will be extreme, behaviours will be extreme. That means when you behave at your worst, it will be magnified by x100% and when you behave at your best (well that won't be shown because outrage sells Ha!) it too will be magnified by x100%.

You talk about groups isolating people, it is a spiteful human behaviour, and that is something we have seen in here with a couple of posters, when the lone weakest link has been ganged up on and ridiculed. Granted they are super annoying posters, and you understand why people do it, however it doens't make it right. When people find you annoying, they are going to try to keep you away, shut you out, that is human nature. While I agree it is not nice, it is a flawed human response and very difficult to watch as an outsider looking in. For what ever reason the majority of housemates found poor Estelle annoying, I too found her super annoying watching her. But watching a person you deem as annoying treated like shit and isolated is upsetting whether that is in the BB house, in real life or in BBB threads. There were many times I just wanted to whisk her out of that house for her own sanity! Estelle however prevailed. Her attitude and response to difficult situations made her a winner. She didn't allow herself to be victimised and she showed great strength of character.

While I agree some of Ben's moments were not his greatest, flawed people walk among us. Sadly Estelle's wholesome and kind take on life is not the norm. Good people some times behave badly, they say the wrong things, they hurt the people they like and they sometimes behave like cunts. Ben has apologised, he has come here to further explain himself, what do you need from Ben to put this behind you and move forward?

Grudges and internal anger are no good for anyone, especially the person living with them. Opinions aren't fact. Opinions are just the individual persons take on events. Having an opinion doesn't mean you are right, it just means you have your own take on the matter. It is okay for you never to like Ben, but don't let that anger eat you up.

You read like a good egg, like a kind person. Continue being the change you want to see in others. In my experience good people make us reflect on our own flaws and make us aware of were we need to improve.
Wow, what a great read. :)

So your going to go out of your way to in some part bully Ben on this forum and make his time here uncomfortable and make the people that would like to hear about bens journey and what he's up to difficult. So Far you are just displaying the same behaviour that your complaining about. STAGGERING.

What kind of FLAWED logic?

So being critical of Ben's disgusting and vile bullying is somehow considering as "displaying the same behaviour that your complaining about"? No. It's trying to get some answers on why he bullied people. And answers like "i saw someone in a movie do it" does not cut the mustard.

Back