Skip to main content

BBVIP to air in UK, BB12/13 in the US

Yes - can't understand it other than a tedious Married at First Sight link which did really well for E4 when they picked it up during lockdown.

They've shown BBUSA before with BB4 and BB9, but guess the Aussie format is cheaper and wouldn't be surprised if Endemol are trying to ship the bargain basement version of the show to get back on air in the UK.

Yes - can't understand it other than a tedious Married at First Sight link which did really well for E4 when they picked it up during lockdown.

They've shown BBUSA before with BB4 and BB9, but guess the Aussie format is cheaper and wouldn't be surprised if Endemol are trying to ship the bargain basement version of the show to get back on air in the UK.
If we were talking about Channel 5 I’d agree.

God, it's a terrible season to bring over there...
Exactly - might understand it if it was either of the two main series. It's not as if there is a big star in it who is worth buying the rights for either.

My opinions about the series they’re airing aside it’s nice to see some headway in terms of making international series available through legal means. IMO takedown notices for pirated content should only apply in situations where there are legal means of watching said content. If there’s a demand there shouldn’t be anything holding back availability… Especially in the age of most content is consumed online and people are aware of content being produced in other countries. Hopefully this trend continues.

Can't wait for all the BBAU hate to start coming in from the US. Going from what they get each year to what Seven have produced is a massive downgrade.

Can't wait for all the BBAU hate to start coming in from the US. Going from what they get each year to what Seven have produced is a massive downgrade.
It’s going to be a mix bag… There are some that will enjoy the show for what it is and others that will fault find. I know that there is already a group of international fans that enjoy the current BBAU format just as much of not more than BBUS/BBCAN. I’m fact I know someone personally. The simple fact that it’s something different will be appealing to some.

Speaking as an American, I love BBAU so much better than BBUS. Our challenges are for seniors.

Speaking as an American, I love BBAU so much better than BBUS. Our challenges are for seniors.
Survivor has Challenges. BB has Competitions. The two are by design meant to be different from one another. Unlike BBAU which is nothing more than Survivor in a house.

To be fair I think the challenges have been decent enough in the BBAU revival - it's just they're all basically the same and favour the same people rather than throwing in a decent mix of challenges to not just vary who will be stronger at them but to give some variation to viewers too.

To be fair I think the challenges have been decent enough in the BBAU revival - it's just they're all basically the same and favour the same people rather than throwing in a decent mix of challenges to not just vary who will be stronger at them but to give some variation to viewers too.
There are parts of the show that are decent and fun, as a show itself. It's just as a season of BIG BROTHER it sucks.

There’s no denying that they’re Survivor challenges.

The reason BBUS and Survivor have been able to coexist for as long as they have is that while BBUS was inspired by Survivor it’s always tried to avoid any direct comparisons. It’s clear the BBAU team made zero effort in coming up with their own format. The show is essentially just the Survivor format shoehorned it in to BB with BBUS style nominations.

The thing is they do such a good job of producing Australian Survivor but that's not translated at all over to Big Brother, despite the crossover in production teams.

The thing is they do such a good job of producing Australian Survivor but that's not translated at all over to Big Brother, despite the crossover in production teams.
It’s not translated well because they’ve shoehorned one format in to another and really have no clue what format gets their attention. It seems there was zero effort put in to understanding what makes the North American format different from Survivor. Clearly someone heard the BBUS/CAN format is essentially Survivor in a house and threw together a literal interpretation of that notion.

Back