Skip to main content

Episode BBVIP 2021 FINALE - Episode 11 Discussion (23 November, 7:30pm)

Season verdict - meh or mixed?

• BB VIP

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • BB RIP

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
Strange little show, emphasis on little.......7 are nuts, anyone from this forum would be a better rtv producer
Casting, Aussies were great group, very dumb spending all that cash on nobodies from USA
Of no interest to Australians, the show only became interesting once they got rid of C and O, Tom just blended into the background so was tolerable as Luke’s tool

Whatever that was, I found it somewhat entertaining just watching Luke play, and great end
If there was no Luke???
I suspect 300,000 viewers were like me ...just happy to watch Luke again

I don’t think this will impact the normal BB in anyway. Viewers are smart enough to differentiate between a spin off and the official show.

I don’t think this will impact the normal BB in anyway. Viewers are smart enough to differentiate between a spin off and the official show.
If you're right, they'll stay at the Homebush site until the next season launches. If it's under 400k they will surely abandon it. But as I've said several times I think there's a better chance they won't stick around to tape any further seasons and will abandon the site by Christmas.

How can you lose viewers from a semi-final to a final? That's surely virtually impossible.

Ratings so crap Seven didn't even bother spliting out the final few minutes into a separate show for ratings purposes then.

Fair to say BBVIP is done. Luckily it's rated so badly that I don't think it'll actually damage the main series too much.
I watched the semi but couldn't watch the final last night. I'll be watching my recording tonight.
Maybe a few people dropped off as they weren't interested in the final three.
I'd say a few were just happy to see Jess and Imogen go.

If you're right, they'll stay at the Homebush site until the next season launches. If it's under 400k they will surely abandon it. But as I've said several times I think there's a better chance they won't stick around to tape any further seasons and will abandon the site by Christmas.
I'd be very surprised if the lease for Homebush was ever for more than until the end of the year anyway - just can't see Seven spending money on a site sat empty for 6 months of the year. They'll just relocate somewhere if it's recommissioned - the house is very much a flatpack to be built in any space now anyway. Indeed they might get away with waiting until 2023 and filming the 2023 and 2024 seasons, if they're that confident, back to back, and then pack up again. If it gets that far of course.

Also would Homebush themselves want to sacrifice the site in the longterm - I'm assuming it only really became an option due to covid causing uncertainty around other events. Was the arena well used beforehand?

I'd be very surprised if the lease for Homebush was ever for more than until the end of the year anyway - just can't see Seven spending money on a site sat empty for 6 months of the year. They'll just relocate somewhere if it's recommissioned - the house is very much a flatpack to be built in any space now anyway. Indeed they might get away with waiting until 2023 and filming the 2023 and 2024 seasons, if they're that confident, back to back, and then pack up again. If it gets that far of course.

Also would Homebush themselves want to sacrifice the site in the longterm - I'm assuming it only really became an option due to covid causing uncertainty around other events. Was the arena well used beforehand?
The DA was for four seasons (presumably two years), so you'd think the lease would be that long. I thought when this was announced that they probably got a very good deal on it because Covid had led to a lack of interest in the pavilion. Right now I sincerely doubt they'd have had any bookings for for 2022 if it is in fact available. I could see them dismantling the house's yard because it's so feebly built it probably wouldn't survive six months vacant. I think they'd leave the challenge area containers in place until another season, because that land probably doesn't have any other use, and they probably pay bugger all for them. So as I said, my feeling is if the containers go, it's game over.

Have not watched BB for many years and decided to watch BB vip. I would like to know why is the winner announced all over social media before the last episode is even aired? Opened up FB just to look at my daily stuff and there it is, all over. Zero point in watching the final episode, why is this allowed to happen? Were the ratings that bad they didn't care? BB australia will not answer my question, neither will channel 7. I'm done with it. Surely there must be others out there equally peeved about announcing winners before the final episode airs.

Have not watched BB for many years and decided to watch BB vip. I would like to know why is the winner announced all over social media before the last episode is even aired? Opened up FB just to look at my daily stuff and there it is, all over. Zero point in watching the final episode, why is this allowed to happen? Were the ratings that bad they didn't care? BB australia will not answer my question, neither will channel 7. I'm done with it. Surely there must be others out there equally peeved about announcing winners before the final episode airs.
It aired on Tuesday! You literally posted in the thread where we discussed it live as it aired.

The finale was on Tuesday, the winner is announced online as soon as the show airs in Sydney/Melbourne.

Snippet of info from Luke on the BB on Blast podcast that the finale was actually filmed at 4am in the morning, seemingly to get contestants back home before borders shut later that day.

About 2 hours in (their podcasts are notoriously long!) - and not from Luke directly but through messages via the host (not sure if public or private).

Strange little show, emphasis on little.......7 are nuts, anyone from this forum would be a better rtv producer
Casting, Aussies were great group, very dumb spending all that cash on nobodies from USA
Of no interest to Australians, the show only became interesting once they got rid of C and O, Tom just blended into the background so was tolerable as Luke’s tool

Whatever that was, I found it somewhat entertaining just watching Luke play, and great end
If there was no Luke???
I suspect 300,000 viewers were like me ...just happy to watch Luke again
Same as you. The show was much better after they went. For me the show was Luke, without him I would have done what I did before, fast-forward 75% of the show

Reactions: kxk
It was so misplaced and just didn't fit the model of Australian TV. They'd clearly took the casting model from Celebrity BBUK which was a different beast - and indeed for me it was bringing in Americans who had no clue about the format was generally off-putting there. For everyone who really added something you had half a dozen that didn't.

I think if they'd just had the one (Caitlyn Jenner I guess) it would have got off to a much better start. Or simply not having Thomas Markle Jr which made a bigger mockery of the whole VIP thing than any Instagram "influencer".

I didn’t know where to ask this.
Anyone have a subscription to the west newspaper lol. Be interested to read this article.

Back