Skip to main content

Episode BBVIP 2021 FINALE - Episode 11 Discussion (23 November, 7:30pm)

Season verdict - meh or mixed?

• BB VIP

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • BB RIP

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
I think its safe to assume Ellie came second and Josh third. I am very happy for Luke, after 115 days of playing reality tv he finally wins and I'm very happy for him. I wonder if now that he has won he will be less enticed to play survivor a third time should they ever do a Heroes vs Villains or legends themed season.

Oh, thank god for that. The extra ten k is nice too.

That was so weird with the fake crowd cheering and then at the end the overhead shot showing the four alone on the little stage... Spooky!

Nice that Luke finally won something, and I'm being sincere when I say that is great for his charity.

But I hope his appetite is sated now, I don't really want to see him again on another show.

In the off season we have CBB US 3 launching on February 2 and BBCAN 10 launching directly after that. As others have pointed out BBCAN 9 is on 7Plus.

Would love to grow our international forum as it’s been a bit of a ghost town as of late. If you’ve put up with the Seven era of BBAU, BBUS/CAN is an improvement.

We should also be expecting another round of The Circle on Netflix soon. If you haven’t been watching now is a great time to start.

In terms of where to watch any of these shows feel free to message me.

In the off season we have CBB US 3 launching on February 2 and BBCAN 10 launching directly after that. As others have pointed out BBCAN 9 is on 7Plus.

Would love to grow our international forum as it’s been a bit of a ghost town as of late. If you’ve put up with the Seven era of BBAU, BBUS/CAN is an improvement.

We should also be expecting another round of The Circle on Netflix soon. If you haven’t been watching now is a great time to start.

In terms of where to watch any of these shows feel free to message me.
Now that I have all of BBUS under my belt I plan on watching BBCAN next. Probably when I finish my BBAU rewatch. I plan on one day tackling BBUK as I have only seen about 3 seasons in full. But that itself will probably be the most demanding of any reality show I've watched. I expect I will spend 2022 just watching season after season of Big Brother.

Congratulations Luke on winning Big Brother VIP 2021!
🙂

Side note; this is the third series in a row where I have successfully picked a winner!
🙃

Now that I have all of BBUS under my belt I plan on watching BBCAN next. Probably when I finish my BBAU rewatch. I plan on one day tackling BBUK as I have only seen about 3 seasons in full. But that itself will probably be the most demanding of any reality show I've watched. I expect I will spend 2022 just watching season after season of Big Brother.
You're committed that is for sure. BBUK being an hour and daily from around series 5 onwards makes it a trickier watch. BB1-4 is much easier to get through with just 9 weeks of half hour episodes, meaning you can easily cover a week in a sitting. The Celeb ones are easier though.

Big Brother on 7 though has shown that longer doesn't mean you get more out of the episodes - a 30 minute edit on Ten generally does a better job. Indeed I think the art of editing has somewhat been lost in recent years too.

Big Brother on 7 though has shown that longer doesn't mean you get more out of the episodes - a 30 minute edit on Ten generally does a better job. Indeed I think the art of editing has somewhat been lost in recent years too.
If you were to ask me what my current thoughts were on my 2001 rewatch would be, this would be it. I am learning so much about the 12 housemates over the space of 22 minutes, and even more so as the days go on. I know nothing of Ellie or Josh's own personal lives apart from what they have said about their parents. I know nothing of friendships in the VIP house other than the two boys and two girls. I am much more interested hearing Jemma tell everyone she does not eat lamb due to a family friend telling her their BBQ was her pet lamb, or hearing Sara-Marie telling a story of how she went through a machos drive thru with her nipple purposely exposed over VIP strategy. Or even anything that 7 has offered. I've been open to the change of format since it's come back, but now that I'm back watching the Ten version after so long, I don't want change.

The finale flopped even worse than I thought it would, rating only 311k.

How can you lose viewers from a semi-final to a final? That's surely virtually impossible.

Ratings so crap Seven didn't even bother spliting out the final few minutes into a separate show for ratings purposes then.

Fair to say BBVIP is done. Luckily it's rated so badly that I don't think it'll actually damage the main series too much.

Back