Skip to main content

BBUSA: Battle of the Block. In HD. And Color.

I have an opportunity to interview Victoria for a Czech reality tv website.

Does anybody have any idea of some possible questions? I feel like Cesternino already did the definitive one, but I don't get these offers often so should take it.

I have an opportunity to interview Victoria for a Czech reality tv website.

Does anybody have any idea of some possible questions? I feel like Cesternino already did the definitive one, but I don't get these offers often so should take it.
These aren't great questions, but they cover a lot of the basics:
1. What about Derrick made her choose him to latch on to? She made a good choice there.
2. Would she have taken Derrick to the final 2? Was she trying to win, or just stay as long as possible?
3. How did she feel about Frankie in general and how does she feel knowing that he lost popularity? How does she feel: was it fair that Frankie got evicted to a hand picked insider studio audience, but Christine was booed?
4. What did she think about Christine's behavior? Was Christine aware that Cody was just using her?
5. What would she change about big brother? What did she think about Battle of the Block as a game design?
6. Why did no girl alliances take hold this season?
7. How did she feel knowing Donnie was telling the truth, but Derrick was lying about his occupation? What does she think of Donnie winning America's favorite?

She seems like a pretty sweet girl. Please tell her that she does have fans.

1. What about Derrick made her choose him to latch on to? She made a good choice there.
2. Would she have taken Derrick to the final 2? Was she trying to win, or just stay as long as possible?
3. How did she feel about Frankie in general and how does she feel knowing that he lost popularity? How does she feel: was it fair that Frankie got evicted to a hand picked insider studio audience, but Christine was booed?
4. What did she think about Christine's behavior? Was Christine aware that Cody was just using her?
5. What would she change about big brother? What did she think about Battle of the Block as a game design?
6. Why did no girl alliances take hold this season?
7. How did she feel knowing Donnie was telling the truth, but Derrick was lying about his occupation? What does she think of Donnie winning America's favorite?

She seems like a pretty sweet girl. Please tell her that she does have fans.
1. I suspect, though, that like everything this summer, it was Derrick's decision, and he chose her because she was absolutely useless at everything, could never win, and no one else was talking to her. This is the kindof attitude I don't want her to have to confront from me. I have no interest in hurting her feelimgs, but no respect for her game.
2. Good question.
3. Maybe I could ask about the whole booing thing in general, actually - about how it was perceived and interpreted and accounted for in the house. And I'd rather not mention Frankie. Just exacerbate his sad slide into obscurity
4. Yeah, personality questions might be more fun - she's not the world's greatest strategist, god love her, and talking about personal stuff may be more interesting, rather than pretending she was Parvati or something. Actually, to be honest, I am more interested in the life of a post BB contestant with her, as there's nothing I think she could give of any strategic insight into the game. That'd be for Nicole, maybe.
5. BotB - Maybe; but again, I don't think questions in this line will yield interesting results. I don't think the competitions were her thing, really.

I will mention fans - we only interview if fans request it, and thanks heaps for your time etc... See you out there in those forums.

1. I suspect, though, that like everything this summer, it was Derrick's decision, and he chose her because she was absolutely useless at everything, could never win, and no one else was talking to her. This is the kindof attitude I don't want her to have to confront from me. I have no interest in hurting her feelimgs, but no respect for her game.
2. Good question.
3. Maybe I could ask about the whole booing thing in general, actually - about how it was perceived and interpreted and accounted for in the house. And I'd rather not mention Frankie. Just exacerbate his sad slide into obscurity
4. Yeah, personality questions might be more fun - she's not the world's greatest strategist, god love her, and talking about personal stuff may be more interesting, rather than pretending she was Parvati or something. Actually, to be honest, I am more interested in the life of a post BB contestant with her, as there's nothing I think she could give of any strategic insight into the game. That'd be for Nicole, maybe.
5. BotB - Maybe; but again, I don't think questions in this line will yield interesting results. I don't think the competitions were her thing, really.

I will mention fans - we only interview if fans request it, and thanks heaps for your time etc... See you out there in those forums.
I definitely didn't intend the first question to hurt her feelings. You sound like you have a great handle on the season. Good luck with your interview!

Good luck with the interview , here's some ideas…
  1. How are her teeth? Did she consider leaving when she collapsed?
  2. Did she hurt herself falling on the ice in that challenge (forget what it was called)? Which tasks were the most fun?
  3. She grew up in Israel and watched Israeli BB, not US BB. What did she learn about playing BB from Israeli BB, and does she think it was an advantage or a disadvantage not having seen the US version?
  4. She has only lived with her family before. What was it like living in the BB house with all those different sorts of people?
  5. Was there anyone in particular that she just couldn’t relate to?
  6. Who did she enjoy hanging out with in the house?
  7. Were her family happy watching, or did they worry about any particular HG?
  8. How did she feel when Cody revealed he had a final 2 with Derrick from the start and Derrick hadn’t mentioned it?
  9. Now that she knows Derrick was an undercover cop, does she think he had an unfair advantage, as he was trained and experienced at building trust, finding out secrets and influencing opinions?
  10. Did she learn anything inside the house that she can use outside of the house?
  11. Has she watched it since she left the house? What did she think?
  12. Has she caught up with any of the HGs since leaving the house?
  13. Has she been recognised in public situations?
  14. She has her own photography business, presumably weddings, etc. What does she most like taking photos of?
Alternatively, you could try to find out production stuff that we don't get to see, like can they hear the tasks being set up, audiences, cameramen? What's Julie like? Etc.
Have fun, and let us know how it goes.

Did Frankie really leave to a handpicked audience? I had no idea, it does sound a bit unfair.

Did Frankie really leave to a handpicked audience? I had no idea, it does sound a bit unfair.

Unfair? In the fact that Christine's audience was not given a free for all pass to react the way they did when they did it... And given what I've read regarding her reaction to the booing I don't blame the producers for taking steps to "protect" a HG they felt might have needed it... BBUS is very different from the traditional format and given that both people in question could spend weeks continuing to live in isolation working through scenarios it can do a lot to a persons mental state...

Unfair? In the fact that Christine's audience was not given a free for all pass to react the way they did when they did it... And given what I've read regarding her reaction to the booing I don't blame the producers for taking steps to "protect" a HG they felt might have needed it... BBUS is very different from the traditional format and given that both people in question could spend weeks continuing to live in isolation working through scenarios it can do a lot to a persons mental state...
You're right. I'm usually a great believer that what happens in the house should stay in the house, i.e. we can hate them up until they re-enter the world, and then we should thank them for entertaining us for however long. Frankie just rubbed me up the wrong way so much, I forgot my own philosophy, lol. No one should have their lives/confidence destroyed because of a TV show.

In principle though, I do think it is unfair that some HGs get protected while others don't. Sure you can argue hindsight, but the production team are highly paid professionals who pushed the Christine 'cheating' line, and after the racism mess of last year attracted boos for certain HGs, they should have anticipated the reaction to Christine. So yes, it is unfair to protect some HGs and not others.

And they protected Frankie with the edit too, so it does look a bit like favouritism.

You're right. I'm usually a great believer that what happens in the house should stay in the house, i.e. we can hate them up until they re-enter the world, and then we should thank them for entertaining us for however long. Frankie just rubbed me up the wrong way so much, I forgot my own philosophy, lol. No one should have their lives/confidence destroyed because of a TV show.

In principle though, I do think it is unfair that some HGs get protected while others don't. Sure you can argue hindsight, but the production team are highly paid professionals who pushed the Christine 'cheating' line, and after the racism mess of last year attracted boos for certain HGs, they should have anticipated the reaction to Christine. So yes, it is unfair to protect some HGs and not others.

And they protected Frankie with the edit too, so it does look a bit like favouritism.

Once again I've got to chime in and set the record straight... The audience is ALWAYS expected to have respect for the evicted HG's... How could the producers predict what happened to Christine??? The "protection" is always there and always will be for all of them... Having a rental audience for Frankie was merely the right thing to do for both him and the show as a whole...

Good luck with the interview , here's some ideas…
  1. How are her teeth? Did she consider leaving when she collapsed?
  2. Did she hurt herself falling on the ice in that challenge (forget what it was called)? Which tasks were the most fun?
  3. She grew up in Israel and watched Israeli BB, not US BB. What did she learn about playing BB from Israeli BB, and does she think it was an advantage or a disadvantage not having seen the US version?
  4. She has only lived with her family before. What was it like living in the BB house with all those different sorts of people?
  5. Was there anyone in particular that she just couldn’t relate to?
  6. Who did she enjoy hanging out with in the house?
  7. Were her family happy watching, or did they worry about any particular HG?
  8. How did she feel when Cody revealed he had a final 2 with Derrick from the start and Derrick hadn’t mentioned it?
  9. Now that she knows Derrick was an undercover cop, does she think he had an unfair advantage, as he was trained and experienced at building trust, finding out secrets and influencing opinions?
  10. Did she learn anything inside the house that she can use outside of the house?
  11. Has she watched it since she left the house? What did she think?
  12. Has she caught up with any of the HGs since leaving the house?
  13. Has she been recognised in public situations?
  14. She has her own photography business, presumably weddings, etc. What does she most like taking photos of?
Alternatively, you could try to find out production stuff that we don't get to see, like can they hear the tasks being set up, audiences, cameramen? What's Julie like? Etc.
Have fun, and let us know how it goes.
Wow, thanks man. I'll have a think and get back to you.

I'm sure the "rental" audience for Frankie was more to do with the scheduling as IIRC that eviction was pre-recorded earlier in the day due to the next eviction being the next day. Or perhaps they couldn't find anyone wanting to listen to his claptrap so had to pay people to attend.

I'm sure the "rental" audience for Frankie was more to do with the scheduling as IIRC that eviction was pre-recorded earlier in the day due to the next eviction being the next day. Or perhaps they couldn't find anyone wanting to listen to his claptrap so had to pay people to attend.
Lol

Back