Skip to main content

BBUS 24 - Pre-season

I think it's getting better, glad you think it's honest. However, for sure they have hidden a level of racism, & misogyny close to a level of harassment for a long time from players they choose to serve as likable. Face it, none of these shows are unvarnished & we still love to consume them. That's why I also love Bake off or sewing bee, not much in the way of prize money but so much heart...oh, Lego Masters too lol (trying to sort out what they're saying on LM New Zealand lately haha)
By no means have I said production are perfect… I’ve also never said they’re 100% honest either. I’m terms of the broadcast show I think keeping it “clean” is done out of necessity rather than a legitimate desire to deceive.

That said I do think they’ve avoided being held accountable for issues like racism, sexism, and homophobia etc. by editing around them.

The fact that we even know about instances of these things happening says a lot about productions integrity. They could have easily pulled the plug on the live feeds years ago and made it much easier to simply pretend like everything is prefect.

I always love Peridiam’s videos, I’ve watched this small series on why people should watch BB and Survivor but this video has my attention more so because I haven’t seen BBCAN really.

After looking at paramount plus it has Seasons 1-9 (minus 8 but that’s not a huge miss) and I’m definitely tempted. I watched the first 2 episodes during lockdown last year but just didn’t get around to finishing it. I did enjoy that it had some BBAU/UK feel to it, and I also love Arisa and the larger crowd. I actually remember BBCAN airing in 2013 and followed season 1 online so I know a lot of spoilers unfortunately.

I was going to use my spare time to binge BBUK but that task itself is so daunting it almost puts me off. I think I might just watch BBCAN because knowing me I’ll easily be able to watch it in a short amount of time. Might be something I start this weekend actually.

Side note: I absolutely love how crazy the house design is every year. So much effort is put in to making it look great.
He had some great videos… I do tend to find he’s a bit too much of a purist at times. I’d much rather focus on what could have been improved in a twist rather than simply preferring there be no twist at all.

By no means have I said production are perfect… I’ve also never said they’re 100% honest either. I’m terms of the broadcast show I think keeping it “clean” is done out of necessity rather than a legitimate desire to deceive.

That said I do think they’ve avoided being held accountable for issues like racism, sexism, and homophobia etc. by editing around them.

The fact that we even know about instances of these things happening says a lot about productions integrity. They could have easily pulled the plug on the live feeds years ago and made it much easier to simply pretend like everything is prefect.
We also owe a lot to the devoted fans who actually watch every moment of the live feeds & provide summaries to the rest of us lazybones lol The brotherhood of BB watchers is strong

Do we have a general thread for BBCAN? I really am enjoying season 1 and have read online that this seems to be one of the weaker series so I am looking forward to what ever is coming up.

No harm in starting a rewatch thread, but if you want to see what we thought at the time here is the thread as it aired:

And a couple more threads from the build up on this page:

Do we have a general thread for BBCAN? I really am enjoying season 1 and have read online that this seems to be one of the weaker series so I am looking forward to what ever is coming up.
Can’t wait to read your thoughts - especially when you get to other seasons. Seasons 2, 4, 5 and 10 are some of my faves.

It depends on what you’d consider weaker. In terms of casting season 1 had one of the strongest and most character driven casts of the entire series. That said if you’re watching for gameplay/strategy it’s definitely on the weaker side.

BBUS usually airs at 7pm US Central = 10 am next day AEST (15 hours difference). The BBUS TV schedule is not out yet. The shows will likely be steamed live on twitch.tv/AgeraDyn ... save the bookmark and I hope to see you there :)

It depends on what you’d consider weaker. In terms of casting season 1 had one of the strongest and most character driven casts of the entire series. That said if you’re watching for gameplay/strategy it’s definitely on the weaker side.

Gameplay specifically. There is only one major alliance that has dominated the game without even needing to do much at all. I like the characters though, but not as much as some of my favourite US houseguests.

Geezus.
After a random youtube suggestion of "top 12 big brother fights US" I might have to cross hemispheres and investigate US seasons.
The music. The unrestrained egoes. Extraordinary on point finger pointing and hand waving inches away from your protaganists face.
I think Im sold.

Geezus.
After a random youtube suggestion of "top 12 big brother fights US" I might have to cross hemispheres and investigate US seasons.
The music. The unrestrained egoes. Extraordinary on point finger pointing and hand waving inches away from your protaganists face.
I think Im sold.
I’d recommend jumping in to the BBUS pool with some past seasons before you start with a more modern series. IMO they’re far more entertaining than what we get now. Those early series may not have aged well in some ways but still hold up in terms of strategy, overall gameplay, and getting to know players in the context of “the game”.

Two weeks to go and pretty much zero news about the series. I'm guessing the live launch, and less sequester time beforehand now covid quarantine is less of an issue, means they're holding back info much longer than normal.

I'd like to think "no news means BIG NEWS" but this is BBUSA. I don't expect anything other than a routine series with minimal changes and twists which are forgotten about a couple of weeks in.

Two weeks to go and pretty much zero news about the series. I'm guessing the live launch, and less sequester time beforehand now covid quarantine is less of an issue, means they're holding back info much longer than normal.

I'd like to think "no news means BIG NEWS" but this is BBUSA. I don't expect anything other than a routine series with minimal changes and twists which are forgotten about a couple of weeks in.
I won’t say the live launch really factors in to it but there’s really been a decline in pre-season interviews, spoilers, etc. over the last few years which is likely due to the fact that not much has or will change from the previous series.

I’d recommend jumping in to the BBUS pool with some past seasons before you start with a more modern series. IMO they’re far more entertaining than what we get now. Those early series may not have aged well in some ways but still hold up in terms of strategy, overall gameplay, and getting to know players in the context of “the game”.
Thanks kingy. I actually stumbled upon BB can with Tim in it. Kinda enjoying it. Cheers.

Didn't realise until yesterday it started next week and yet we still know nothing. Heck, maybe they're going to surprise us with a completely refurbished house, complete with pigs flying over the back yard.

Back