Skip to main content

BBUS 23 (includes live feed and episode spoilers)

So Xavier is pretty much winning this. In this event Xavier would rank quite high on my personal winner rankings. Probably not as high as Dr Will, Dan, Cody or Derrick but high enough to be top tier. Azah and Big D would probably be towards the very bottom of my 2nd/3rd place ranks.

Yes, the same for me. Xavier has just had a little bit too easy a route to the final to be an all time great but he'd still easily be top 5. Big D would be rock bottom, whilst Azah for me is quite entertaining at times and refreshing in the way she approached the game and stood up for herself, but just hasn't done quite enough. Had she got Xavier or Kyland out on her HoH rather than Hannah, or at least tried too, I think she'd have so much more respect.

Yeah I feel the same about her HoH. She had a perfect opportunity to get out one of the boys. It is mind boggling that she did not.

Even though it likely would have ended up with the same result with Kyland vetoing himself and Hannah then going up at least she'd have tried and not lost Hannah as a potential vote in the process.

She also needed at least one more comp win to back up her HoH win, even if she wins the final HoH. It's not that unusual for someone not to start winning things until the final six but you have to show you can dominate in the final stages rather than just have a couple of lucky wins. Taking Xavier may earn her some respect but it won't win her votes - but her conclusion that Xavier doesn't deserve to finish third is pretty much spot on.

P.S. How cheap did the final HoH comp look?

Last edited:
The whole Jury laughing at Derek F’s answers to their questions was too much 😂

Congrats to X but the real winner tonight was the legend, the icon, THE Tiffany Mitchell

Was actually a surprisingly enjoyable finale, even if it was one of the more predictable. X the best winner in some time, and a 9-0 loss couldn't happen to a nicer bloke than Derek F. Tiffany the most deserving AFP in some time too and glad she got rewarded by viewers.

Kyland the biggest knob in some time too - clearly still deluded and thinking that calling someone an inappropriate role model to their dead brothers son on national TV is absolutely fine. An apology would have gone a long way and I hope when he does see that moment back he sees how in the wrong he was.

One thing which has got little attention due to the Cookout dominating is how 7 of the 8 women in the game made the jury stage too, which must also be a record surely.

One thing which has got little attention due to the Cookout dominating is how 7 of the 8 women in the game made the jury stage too, which must also be a record surely.
BB15. Kaitlyn was the only female not to make the jury. I can’t be bothered to check the stats on other seasons, this was just one I knew of.

BB15. Kaitlyn was the only female not to make the jury. I can’t be bothered to check the stats on other seasons, this was just one I knew of.
So for each where the modern jury format was implemented the amount of women that reached the jury stage were;

BB4 4/6 made jury (Amanda and Michelle did not)
BB5 5/7 made jury (Lori and Holly did not)
BB6 6/8 made jury (Ashlea and Sarah did not)
BB7 3/6 made jury (Alison, Nakomis and Diane did not)
BB8 5/7 made jury (Carol and Kail did not)
BB9 4/7 made jury (Jen, Amanda and Allison did not)
BB10 5/6 made jury (Angie did not)
BB11 5/6 made jury (Laura did not but whilst Chima was expelled she still made it to the jury stage)
BB12 3/6 made jury (Annie, Monet and Kristen did not)
BB13 6/7 made jury (Cassi did not)
BB14 4/8 made jury (Jodi, Kara, Janelle and JoJo did not
BB15 7/8 made jury (Kaitlyn did not)
BB16 4/8 made jury (Joey, Paola, Brittany and Amber did not)
BB17 7/9 made jury (Da'Vonne and Audrey did not)
BB18 6/8 made jury (Bronte and Tiffany did not.
BB19 4/8 made jury (Megan, Jillian, Dominque and Jessica did not)
BB20 6/8 made jury (Kaitlyn and Rachel did not)
BB21 6/8 made jury (Kemi and Isabella did not)
BB22 4/8 made jury (Keesha, Nicole.A, Janelle and Bayleigh did not)
BB23 7/8 made jury (Whitney did not)

Of the 147 female houseguests who have competed since BB4 101 have made it to jury which is 68.7%. This is actually statistically better than the men's stats where of the 153 only 97 made jury which is 63.4%. So of the 198 jury stage members from BB4-BB23 51% are women. At least half of the women always make it to jury and this is not the case for men. In BB13 only 3 of 7 males made jury. Funnily enough BB All Stars seasons are were the the % of women making jury is low. The lower rates of women making jury also come from seasons dominated by male dense alliances such as Chill Town, The Brigade, The detonators and the Committee. It is also worth noting that in several seasons such BB12 and BB16 where the men alliances dominate, whilst half the women do make jury they are pseudo-pagogned after the jury starts (BB12 Britney was the only one in final 7, BB16 only Victoria made final 5 and in BB22 only Nicole and Christmas made final 5). So whilst women are more likely to make up the jury section of the show, it is the males that make up most of those who make it to the end game.

Ah, the season which must never be mentioned again. That was the last season with 7 jurors too I think.

One slight fault about the finale is although they talked alot about the Cookout they could really have done with a VT about them, both for the houseguests to see them in action and just to make it absolutely clear to everyone that, as everyone knew, Derek F did not start it.

Last edited:
Chenbot 1.0 was very dull - got the job done but not very great.

Chenbot 2.0 though became quite watchable once they installed the personality chip - and after a decade or so in the job her hosting certainly seemed to improve when she actually began watching the show and seemingly enjoying it.

Biblebot 3.0 though has become a drag. A new host could be exactly what they need, and heck if CBS have Arielle Vandenberg still under contract and she doesn't follow it over to Peacock I wouldn't mind her taking over. It needs someone with personality - and absolutely nobody who has been a housemate before. I'm hoping we're in the post-Jeff love-in era but I still wouldn't put it past CBS.

That said I did think it had already been reported Julie was signed on for BB24. If she did step down think she is certainly the longest running uninterupted host and the longest running host full stop.

Last edited:
Chenbot 1.0 was very dull - got the job done but not very great.

Chenbot 2.0 though became quite watchable once they installed the personality chip - and after a decade or so in the job her hosting certainly seemed to improve when she actually began watching the show and seemingly enjoying it.

Biblebot 3.0 though has become a drag. A new host could be exactly what they need, and heck if CBS have Arielle Vandenberg still under contract and she doesn't follow it over to Peacock I wouldn't mind her taking over. It needs someone with personality - and absolutely nobody who has been a housemate before. I'm hoping we're in the post-Jeff love-in era but I still wouldn't put it past CBS.

That said I did think it had already been reported Julie was signed on for BB24. If she did step down think she is certainly the longest running uninterupted host and the longest running host full stop.
It’s 100% an early April fools joke but I agree. Chenbot 3.0 has had a few unintended funny moments but is otherwise due for a replacement. I wouldn’t be against Arielle but not my first choice. I’ve said it before Brooke Burns would be my top choice. I could see her delivering Julie’s “But first” but with a little more of a fun and cheeky personality.

Yes - she's quite watchable in what they've seen. That clip and almost all clips I see of Big Brother featured in "entertainment shows", especially on ET Canada, are a reminder of how poor some presenters can be.

Yes - she's quite watchable in what they've seen. That clip and almost all clips I see of Big Brother featured in "entertainment shows", especially on ET Canada, are a reminder of how poor some presenters can be.
I still cringe at Arisa sometimes when she’s trying to sound enthusiastic. It still comes across as unnatural. That said she is one of the better hosts and makes up for it by actually being a fan of the show/engaging with fans. She’s no Davina though.

I think Arisa is the top presenter by far, even better than Davina, but she's certainly missing the crowd. Shame Canada aren't pretending covid doesn't exist too as I've got used to audiences being back on UK shows now.

I think Arisa is the top presenter by far, even better than Davina, but she's certainly missing the crowd. Shame Canada aren't pretending covid doesn't exist too as I've got used to audiences being back on UK shows now.
With all that’s been going on in Canada in terms of COVID policy I’m glad to see they haven’t caved and are still taking necessary precautions. That said I agree that evictions are pretty dull without an audience.

Back