Skip to main content

BBUS 23 (includes live feed and episode spoilers)

I’m not sure it will improve much as with a live launch they don’t have much they can fall back on.

On another note hopefully with the show starting in July this year they go with a smaller cast. 2011 was the last time we had a cast of 14... I also can’t see them extending the season past the traditional end date so we’re looking at 75 - 80 day run time.
Golly, youse guyse are well informed

I never consider running time in the US, usually just means more ads so I prefer to watch later after someone has stripped them out. LIve feeds are more informative & if you like or don't mind spoilers, this is my go to site
We’re well aware of that site. That said the forum is 20 years out of date and can be painful to read.

I'd be surprised if it was less than 16, especially as All Stars really dragged in the final weeks - although that was there own fault for having the triple eviction. Should at least have ended that with one of the three going back in. A 7th July start though probably means a 10-11 week run, so it is a significant cutback.

I see Love Island is also premiering the same night (the other 90 minutes I guess) so they'll be running side by side again. Given the ratings of it pretty clear CBS just keep hold of it so it isn't competition for Big Brother, though it would probably be better suited on The CW or Paramount+.
haha...CW or Paramount are incompatible CW is teen minded & Paramount is part of NBC, so Love Island USA (my least fave) & BBUsa are going to be carefully balanced

haha...CW or Paramount are incompatible CW is teen minded & Paramount is part of NBC, so Love Island USA (my least fave) & BBUsa are going to be carefully balanced
Ummm... CBS/CW/Paramount+ are all owned by CBSViacom. You’re thinking of Peacock which is part of NBCUniversial.

Also Love Island wasn’t half bad last year... I’d only gave up watching because I fell too far behind.

Ummm... CBS/CW/Paramount+ are all owned by CBSViacom. You’re thinking of Peacock which is part of NBCUniversial.

Also Love Island wasn’t half bad last year... I’d only gave up watching because I fell too far behind.
You watched Love Island USA? I can only tolerate LI UK or Aus
falling too far behind LOLOLOL so many bad reality tv shows, so little spare time LOLOLO

We’re well aware of that site. That said the forum is 20 years out of date and can be painful to read.
I read that site because they have people who transcribe the 24 7 feed during BBusa & BBcan
For those of us who like spoilers (makes me decide whether to watch an episode) I appreciate knowing who is HOH, noms, Veto Winner & so on by looking at a single small corner of the site. To each their own Viva la difference Thanks, again Kingston for your very pertinant notes. I'm here as a guest & prefer not to create waves I'm also capable of lurking if the consensus pushes me that way. Cheers oi oi oi kia ora

Yes, I never trust BBUS spoilers, especially this far out.
I don’t ether... My only interest is drumming up some talking points in this section of the forum. Especially when the talking points aren’t involving All-Stars or talk of returning players.

Thankfully All Stars 2 put an end to rumours about All Stars 2 - and it being a disaster means it'll probably be another 14 years until the next one. I think we should also be clear of returning players for a few more years now.

A really bad season though is probably exactly what the franchise needed to give it a kick up the backside.

Thankfully All Stars 2 put an end to rumours about All Stars 2 - and it being a disaster means it'll probably be another 14 years until the next one. I think we should also be clear of returning players for a few more years now.

A really bad season though is probably exactly what the franchise needed to give it a kick up the backside.
AS2 wasn’t just a bad season in its own right... It was literally years of terribleness coming to a head.

We are 1 month away from the series premiere…

I’m doubtful we’ll receive a full cast reveal in advance again this year.

Who is she?

I'm indifferent on Derrick but loved BB16 - but completely agree it ruined subsequent seasons with the mass alliance/follow the HoH gameplay. That's the producers fault though for not doing more to address it rather than Derrick's, although of course we know he likely had a hand in creating the dominant All Star alliance.

I wouldn't mind a twist to try and address it where each week only 7 housemates vote, with a competition determining the "committee".

Who is she?

I'm indifferent on Derrick but loved BB16 - but completely agree it ruined subsequent seasons with the mass alliance/follow the HoH gameplay. That's the producers fault though for not doing more to address it rather than Derrick's, although of course we know he likely had a hand in creating the dominant All Star alliance.

I wouldn't mind a twist to try and address it where each week only 7 housemates vote, with a competition determining the "committee".
I have no idea who she is… I posted it because it pretty much sums up why I’ve hated the vast majority of modern BB.

I’m not sure I like that idea as much as others we’ve discussed… Unless there’s an immediate need players generally take the route of least resistance and throwing competitions is a common strategy. One of the biggest downfalls of the series is a lack of interesting gameplay and legitimate risk taking. Giving HG’s an opportunity to sit out of the process doesn’t appeal to me.

At the end of the day production could address the herd mentally through coaching rather than a change to the format itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think the weekly format doesn't help with everything done and dusted by the Monday morning. Ironically only the awful BB21 saw some scrambling for votes up until the eviction itself, but the weekly format doesn't encourage people to do their own thing or take the risks as HoH, knowing they have to live with the fall out for so long. As discussed before just speeding up the whole thing so it's two cycles a week across 4 episodes and cutting it to around 8 weeks would I think significantly improve the show.

P.S. Talking of "Who is She?" it was nice and somewhat surprising to see Nikki Grahame included in the "In Memoriam" section of the BAFTAs this weekend.

Last edited:
I also think the weekly format doesn't help with everything done and dusted by the Monday morning. Ironically only the awful BB21 saw some scrambling for votes up until the eviction itself, but the weekly format doesn't encourage people to do their own thing or take the risks as HoH, knowing they have to live with the fall out for so long. As discussed before just speeding up the whole thing so it's two cycles a week across 4 episodes and cutting it to around 8 weeks would I think significantly improve the show.
I think you edited my post instead of yours… I saw that the BAFTA’s had a Nikki tribute but haven’t actually watched it.

Yes the weekly format definitely could use a change. That said they’ve been using a similar format for years now and we have had great series where HG’s have played against the grain. At the end of the day it really comes down to casting choice and coaching.

I don’t know how much weight this carries but I’ve heard that BB16 has been recommended viewing for potential HG’s and that production loved Derrick’s gameplay. They also ask a lot of strategy based questions throughout the casting process and that they’re encouraged to have a player in mind that they wish to emulate. It definitely explains why most modern series follow a similar style of gameplay and why HG’s hold certain players in such high regard.

Addressing racial diversity seems to have done a lot for BBCAN so let’s hope the same commitment from the American production has a similar effect.

Back