Skip to main content

BBUK: Celebrity Hijack - THE FINAL (SPOILERS)

I am so pissed off right now. There is no possible way that this wasn't fixed. Think about it: Amy, Anthony, and Emilia must have comprised over 70% of the votes because of the huge fan support. Unless everyone in Scotland voted for John just because he was Scottish (antics like that are so annoying), he could not have done that well. What a boringh, useless, pathetic, and undeserving winner.

As I said on another forum.

Anthony - I hope one day another boxer does more thank just KO him.

John - If he's supposed to be a future politician (and therefore Scotland/UK leader) then I want to f*cking emigrate.

I joke but I mean really. David Sneddon, Michelle McManus, Leon Jackson, Cameron Stout, The MacDonald Brothers (to an extent) and now John. If Scotland are voting for people to win reality TV shows purely on the basis of their nationality then Scotland is a f*cking disgrace to reality TV.

I write this drunk after a night out but seriously. John the winner? Worst winner of BB EVER. I was happier seeing Anthony, Cameron, Pete and Brian winning.

Last edited:
Wow, I was really shocked at some of those placings. I thought Anthony would have been in the top 2 with either Amy or John. I really wanted Amy to win though, but I was just glad that Emilia didn't win. I didn't like her much. I just wish I could of voted (but I can't because I'm not UK based) because Amy would of being the reason for such a high phone bill.

I was really shocked when she was announced third. I was nearly ready to scream if Emilia won, but luckily, she didn't.

I found that doing the interviews inside the house really screwed it up. There were loads of sound dips (especially during Best Bits and other VT's) It was annoying. I think they should have re-considered their decision.

There is nothing wrong with doing them in a replica eviction set outside at the end of a runway.

Overall though, I thought it was a good final show, I just hope they just go back to normal final format for season 9.

Bring on BBUK9!

Holy sh*t at the results. Very pissed off, but I'll get over it.

I like the format for the finale. Certainly didn't think it was pointless. Sending Dermot inside kept the HMs in an environment they were comfortable in and free from the pressure & adrenaline rush of the live audience while doing the interviews. There were less distractions this way and a better chance that they would open up and give honest answers.

Ah well I'm happy with that result. Despite the (to me) bizarre stick John got in this forum I thought he was clearly the most decent and worthy winner. Not that I didn't like the others, but he was a good result. I did have slight horrors at the idea that Emilia could win even though she was nice eye candy.

Overall I enjoyed the series - it was a nice change from the usual histrionics and fame whore tackyness. A friendly warmup before this year's headcases get put in the house.

Well F__k me how did John win? I would have thought it would be out of Emilia, Amy and Anthony. Oh well the series wasn't bad except I didn't like the fact John was given a free pass to the final. Immune from the first nominations would have been enough. I suppose everyone in Scotland voted for John.

I'm shocked.

AND stunned.

Didn't like the format, it made the interviews pointless because they were surrounded by the people we wanted to hear their honest opinions of. And the stupid, dramatic pauses of "and the 4th placed housemate is... *crickets chirp, clouds pass, tumbleweeds blow by*... Anthony" seemed even MORE ridiculous presented by a man in a suit standing in a room with only a handful of people of people shuffling around looking like a small, private wedding. Honestly, it looked like Dermot should have been saying "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the sign of Big Brother..."

Oh for f*** sake.

And I thought those darn voters had some sense after voting out Jade first! If John made it through to the final on his own merit, being up for eviction maybe once or twice, good on him. But while everybody else in the house has to concentrate on how they will survive the next eviction, John can carve out his gameplan and have a perfect, uninterrupted plan right up to the final.

I'm incredibly disappointed. Granted, I would've been disappointed if Amy (my fave) had won after getting a free pass to the final as she wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to earn her place in the final. But for a "miserable, attention seeking, annoying, bitchy, tart" (yes I realise they were used to describe Emilia, but I think they suit John too) to win Big Brother is unbelievable.

But Pete won BB7 so why didn't I realise that annoying attention seekers are exactly what the voters like?

John was voted the Winner. On BBBM Matt Lucas was voted the best Hijacker - what was the point of the last 4 weeks?
________
teen girl Cams

Last edited by a moderator:
Just goes to show it's NOT the people who casually watch and then vote on the final night for a laugh that give us the shite winners, it's actually the FANS. Somehow with the right people being evicted, I thought we were onto something...clearly not.

Nathan and Jeremy coming 5th and 6th was expected, so I was expecting John to come next. However, as soon as Anthony came 4th I knew it was over. Thought Amy would go against John, though, not Emilia. I actually broke my voting ban to send one Emilia's way in the hope it might work. Hey, less people watching = less people voting = more likely to make a difference, right? I FEEL A FOOL. :eek: :( :D

Oh, well. Somehow it seems right to have another shite winner. I'm mostly celebrating TWO females in the final three - and one a slutty, sexy, bendy one (jealous girls!), while the other is pretty and intelligent (jealous girls!) at that! That never happens.

And although it usually irriates me, Emilia won her place in the final by not getting a pass, by surviving three evictions and earning votes to win on her own merit. She IS the 'True Winner of BBCH'. ;)

Anyway, roll on BB9. But no f**king cheating, Big Brother, eh? :rolleyes:

I'd love to know how many votes Emilia got after Amy was announced in third. There certainly would have been some panic voting going on!!!

Considering the only political belief John has actually stood up for in the house is "democracy" it's pretty hypercritical to accept a place in the final without having been voted through. If he had any integrity he'd have quit before hand.

Considering the only political belief John has actually stood up for in the house is "democracy" it's pretty hypercritical to accept a place in the final without having been voted through. If he had any integrity he'd have quit before hand.

Wow this result has brought the bitter side out in us all!

:D:D:D

But Pete won BB7 so why didn't I realise that annoying attention seekers are exactly what the voters like?

Pete won BB for just walking through the door, but that series was very entertaining and so was Pete, everyone knew he would win but that didn't matter because it brought us all memorable moments, for me Nikki :)

But having John walk through the door and given a garanteed final spot after doing a simple task, protected him, anyone would have passed that task. Its just not the same because I couldn't see anything entertaining about John. But its happened before when the most boring HM of the series wins, simply because they are not nominated and never face the public vote, Trevor BBAU4 comes to mind to me.

It's funny, because however often John mentioned that he didn't earn his place by being supported by the public and wondering what they might think of him, I don't recall him once asking Big Brother to cancel that immunity and let him live there fairly like the other Housemates. I mean, there was no reason why he should, why not take it when it's offered on a plate, but as Brekkie said, "democracy" is the name of the game, according to him, so why didn't he let that happen? Walking might have been going TOO far, though I wouldn't have complained... ;)

UGH

I can't believe Emilia and John were the final two. I can't believe that John was the winner.

lol yes apparently a mediagroup site made its employess send him votes - 10,000 which I highly doubt but you are right someone had to vote for him!!!

Back