Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Zcsund1234

In preparation for the 2022 Back to the Future season I have decided I will rewatch all 11 seasons of BBAU pre the Seven era. I hope to finish this rewatch by around April in time for the season to air with the knowledge of the all stars fresh in my head. I will post my thoughts of each season as I finish them. Currently 3 weeks into 2001. Excited for this to progress as I haven't seen these seasons since I watched them all for the first time when I was in high school 10 years ago.

Good luck! When I did my first full re-watch of the Ten era a few years ago it took me 7-8 months. The 20-minute Daily Show episodes are HEAVEN for re-watches!

I re-watched all of the Nine era seasons last year during lockdown, and the increase in episode length made it a little tedious. I think I managed to get through all three seasons in 2 months though (but that's because I was literally doing nothing else, haha).

Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

I am currently rewatching 06, I am surprised I don’t remember as much as other seasons i rewatched where I have perfect clarity, guess I didn’t watch it all live.

I started 04 but it was too slow, but I’ll go back to it. 2002 is by far the most boring season IMO, you must persevere though because 03 is so good!

I am currently rewatching 06, I am surprised I don’t remember as much as other seasons i rewatched where I have perfect clarity, guess I didn’t watch it all live.

I started 04 but it was too slow, but I’ll go back to it. 2002 is by far the most boring season IMO, you must persevere though because 03 is so good!
I rewatched BB01 and BB02 3 years ago but couldn't keep going because of uni. But I agree I found BB02 to be so boring. It took me 12 days to watch 01 and then 7 weeks to watch 02, so I think thats pretty telling. From memory watching BB03 I found it boring at the time. But I was 13 so maybe my opinions will change. I will say the biggest change I've notices is how I find BB01 more entertaining now as an almost 22 year old compared to when I watched it at 13. I am now the same age as the housemates were at the time so I am able to relate a lot more to what they talk about and can also relate to their characteristics and behaviours which makes it anything but boring to watch. I am looking forward to BB04 as that is my personal favourite.

I rewatched BB01 and BB02 3 years ago but couldn't keep going because of uni. But I agree I found BB02 to be so boring. It took me 12 days to watch 01 and then 7 weeks to watch 02, so I think thats pretty telling. From memory watching BB03 I found it boring at the time. But I was 13 so maybe my opinions will change. I will say the biggest change I've notices is how I find BB01 more entertaining now as an almost 22 year old compared to when I watched it at 13. I am now the same age as the housemates were at the time so I am able to relate a lot more to what they talk about and can also relate to their characteristics and behaviours which makes it anything but boring to watch. I am looking forward to BB04 as that is my personal favourite.

Yes that aspect is pretty interesting, at various stages I have been younger or the same age as HMs or these days much older, so I view it totally differently. Yet many of them still seem older than their age because I remember being so much younger when watching.

Catherine from 04 was kind of a surprise for me, I guess I was in high school when it aired and she just seemed like an old mum and yet now we are the same age I think.

I'd like to catch up on Uncut/Adults Only from an older perspective, I turned 18 in 2006, so it was on its way out by then (especially after the ACMA huzzah over 2005's content (I think they fixated on that 'Cleveland Steamer' discussion didn't they?) and then the Turkey Slap happened) and I only caught bits and pieces or heard enough about what was shown to get the gist second hand.

iirc they got a bit risqué during 2008's 'Big Mouth' show, but from what I recall it was fairly tame compared to Uncut. I remember the stuff about Rihanna 'servicing' Rory under the doona and needing to wash her hands being discussed on it (in a 9:30? Timeslot).

Still remember when Jamie took Katie into the Rewards room when he won FNL and the first shot we saw on uplate was him fully naked with his giant penis just hanging there, drinking out of a red coke glass. And that wasn't even on that late, from memory it used to air at 10:30 pm on Friday nights.
Yeah I definitely caught a lot of Uplate during 2006 and 2007, but from memory it was mostly PG/M at the times I watched it (like long conversations whilst on one of those 'waiting' tasks like defending the soccer goal in the backyard and stuff). Some rewards room stuff too but I don't remember catching that particular episode! lol (I think I have seen it later on though) ;)

Yes that aspect is pretty interesting, at various stages I have been younger or the same age as HMs or these days much older, so I view it totally differently. Yet many of them still seem older than their age because I remember being so much younger when watching.

Catherine from 04 was kind of a surprise for me, I guess I was in high school when it aired and she just seemed like an old mum and yet now we are the same age I think.
Always fun watching something from 15-20 years ago as someone in their late 30s who back in their early 20s would often think putting somebody in approaching their mid-30s was basically sticking a pensioner in there.

a quarter through my 2001 rewatch and I swear I do not remember Christina getting so much airtime in the beginning? lmao.

when my gf turned 36 it did make me think how that’s the age Karen was. Both are hot MILFs but Karen seems so much older. I feel like time stands still in rewatching it because. I definitely feel closer in age to Krystal than to Karen, but I wonder if I watched it for the first time now would Krystal seem so young.

a quarter through my 2001 rewatch and I swear I do not remember Christina getting so much airtime in the beginning? lmao.

I found her so dull. She is probably the reason a relationship is a good idea if one’s goal is fame since she should be largely forgettable I feel but instead lives on forever and is part of iconic BB vernacular.

I found her so dull. She is probably the reason a relationship is a good idea if one’s goal is fame since she should be largely forgettable I feel but instead lives on forever and is part of iconic BB vernacular.

I found her to be a bit of a misery guts the first time I watched it. Atm she seems to be one of the more complex people they’re showing. She is the central focus on story lines early on but that’s largely due to Peter. When I watched it 8 years ago I never understood why Jemma was evicted over her ? With such a large margin as well.

Back