Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 7 Discussion (18 May, 7:30pm)

If you were Joel, would you kiss Aleisha?

• Yes

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Who the fuck is Aleisha?

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Aleisha's relationship definitely helped distinguish her from her friend Emma who was one of the least popular housemates ever.

In the good ol' days it was juicy fodder for the magazines and such too, look at my memorabilia thread for the mileage of articles TVWEEK got out of "Jamie & Katie: Will they Last?" "Aleisha & Billy: 'They'll never last' says close friend we spoke to" and 'Is Thomas a sleaze? (BB07) Hear what his friend had to say' etc haha.

Ahh yes, the good 'ol days when BB was live. Everybody was talking about it, viewers formed opinions, people had their HM preferences (because we got to see converations and learn about them), and it made the nightly news and got in to magazines. (Nostalgic sigh)

I thought Ed was/is gay too. I remember he asked the guys one time when they were getting ready how they would react if their son came out as gay.
then of course hr married Matthew instead of Jade.

Do you also post on Whirlpool, because the "is Ed gay" topic is being discussed there?

Men prefer to pursue rather than being prey.
Pretty sure it’s not acceptable for men to be predators either.

Watching BB, I’m just amazed how a bunch of adults can be so bad at communication. Sure, circumstances are unusual, but the level of immaturity and ineptness is astounding. Especially in regards to Sam, who is meant to be an intimacy coach. She’s not doing her professional reputation any favours. It’s difficult to watch Sam and Drew loudly smooching because it seems pretty clear to me neither of them are feeling the chemistry. It’s just awkward.

The producers have got it all wrong. They’re myopically focussed on showmances as being a huge ratings bonanza, but it’s not the (cringingly awkward) physical contact that people want to see. It’s unexpected, organic relationships forming, shifting dynamics, gossip, potential jealousy, etc that is rivetting viewing. In fact, everything about relationships besides the physical expression, which is hollow and boring without all the feelings and motivations behind it.

and the follow up to that post by that poster on Whirlpool when asked for source is apparently "its as common knowledge as Elton John" LOL alrighty then... Haha. (actual verbatim: "Thats like asking for a source on Elton John being gay! Common knowledge.")

and the follow up to that post by that poster on Whirlpool when asked for source is apparently "its as common knowledge as Elton John" LOL alrighty then... Haha. (actual verbatim: "Thats like asking for a source on Elton John being gay! Common knowledge.")
Hilarious how they pivoted from "pretty sure" to "common knowledge".

Watching BB, I’m just amazed how a bunch of adults can be so bad at communication. Sure, circumstances are unusual, but the level of immaturity and ineptness is astounding.
I think deliberate casting of self-inflated alpha types for viewing purposes may go some way to explain this. Doesnt entice me and obviously many others on this forum and elsewhere but they go for the mean of low attention spans which swallow manufactured drama. As long as it has colour pop fizz bang but substance is not a requirement. So you actually end up with a cast of extremely low EQ players which correspond to this rushed stunt and drama driven insipid spectacle.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it’s not acceptable for men to be predators either.

Watching BB, I’m just amazed how a bunch of adults can be so bad at communication. Sure, circumstances are unusual, but the level of immaturity and ineptness is astounding. Especially in regards to Sam, who is meant to be an intimacy coach. She’s not doing her professional reputation any favours. It’s difficult to watch Sam and Drew loudly smooching because it seems pretty clear to me neither of them are feeling the chemistry. It’s just awkward.

The producers have got it all wrong. They’re myopically focussed on showmances as being a huge ratings bonanza, but it’s not the (cringingly awkward) physical contact that people want to see. It’s unexpected, organic relationships forming, shifting dynamics, gossip, potential jealousy, etc that is rivetting viewing. In fact, everything about relationships besides the physical expression, which is hollow and boring without all the feelings and motivations behind it.
I didn't mean in actuality. I just mean men prefer to chase rather than be chased. Excellent evaluation of why we watch, of course bonus for me because of youse guyse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back