Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 21 Discussion (21 June, 7:30pm)

Was Taras' "Big Move" a good move?

• Yes - it might win him some votes if he makes Final 3

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No - his actions had a beloved OG removed, it will lose him votes if he makes Final 3

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Yes - the housemates no longer see him as flying under the radar

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No - he's put a target on himself (from the OGs in particular)

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
I just finished listening to Tully’s latest podcast and there’s lots to unpack. She goes into how she knew Taras was coming for her after he did an unkind impersonation (that we obviously weren’t shown) and how she feels about the OGs that didn’t back her. She also talks about where she’s at with Drew and pretty much affirms how many of us feel towards him this time around. It’s well worth a listen.

If they shown more of the house dynamics and even have 5/6 people in the final to give the viewers a larger pool to choose the winner then I think it could still work. We saw in that montage of Tully and Drew having arguments last night, Taras having a go at Tully for the drinks and the housemates choosing Aleisha as one of the funniest housemates, there is quality and entertaining content that we mostly miss out on because of how heavy handed the gameplaying is being shown in this format.

So far the most entertaining parts have been nothing to do with the gameplaying itself.
The part of Taras arguing with Tully over the drinks was all part of Tara's game play. He set the argument up so that he could have a reason to put Tully up, if he won.

Exactly what I've been saying for ages. I think the only way a n00b can win is if they eliminate all the OGs.
This season is hard for me to get my head around...

I keep changing my mind as to who I want to win ....
Newies v Oldies is such a head spin for me.. I have some old fav's but also a few dislikes from the Oldies as well...

I could easily deal with it if it was a season of just Oldies, but when you include Newies as well then I feel sorry for some of them as they don't have the fan base that some of the Oldies have since acquired... + they don't have the experience the Oldies have acquired, but then they can use them to chat about certain things and watch what they do etc... mmmm so many decisions :roflmao:

I think for a newie to win they will have to evict all the oldies first and just have 3 newies at the end... which doesn't seem that unlikely atm.. the oldies cant get their voting shit together.. + I think it's time for the oldies to splinter off and make new alliances anyway...

I voted for the 3rd option, I think Taras has popped his head up above into the radar sensing area now :biggrin:

As much as I don't want to jump on Tim's bandwagon, he is right when he says the others need to be aware that if they vote out an OG they're going to have to deal with those ramifications if they make it to the finale. The newbies are pretty much entirely screwed in this sense. Unless they all bound together and voted the OGs off systematically, they're going to either be disliked for targeting Australia's favourite's or they're going to lose to a legend at the very end. They're kind of damned if they do or damned if they don't.
Honestly this is what I thought Brenton was trying to do initially (get all the newbies together and just vote off every else and then target the popular newbies like Taras) but then I realised he actually was just wanting to hang with the newbie boys and Aleisha lol.

Back