Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 21 Discussion (21 June, 7:30pm)

Was Taras' "Big Move" a good move?

• Yes - it might win him some votes if he makes Final 3

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No - his actions had a beloved OG removed, it will lose him votes if he makes Final 3

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Yes - the housemates no longer see him as flying under the radar

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No - he's put a target on himself (from the OGs in particular)

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
I voted no he got a beloved og removed.

Taras should have at least thought about how it would have been good for Tully to at least beat Drew and/or Tim and not be knocked out before them again.

So I wouldn't have been annoyed if he put Tim up and ultimately got Tim removed.

As much as I don't want to jump on Tim's bandwagon, he is right when he says the others need to be aware that if they vote out an OG they're going to have to deal with those ramifications if they make it to the finale. The newbies are pretty much entirely screwed in this sense. Unless they all bound together and voted the OGs off systematically, they're going to either be disliked for targeting Australia's favourite's or they're going to lose to a legend at the very end. They're kind of damned if they do or damned if they don't.

Exactly what I've been saying for ages. I think the only way a n00b can win is if they eliminate all the OGs.
It's why I hate when these RTV shows merge newbies and all stars. I will naturally fall into the trap of disregarding the newbies. I know I shouldn't but I will because I'm such a sucker for Nostalgia. I'd rather an entire All Stars cast. And anyway, returnees always get priority with airtime and will be the entire focus on the show whilst the others will be shafted and forgotten. It isn't fair.

Worried for Reggie for the next few weeks. She’s posted on her socials that her son Lucas isn’t well right now and may have to go into hospital for two weeks. This happens quite often with CF patients and I’ve lost count the amount of times it’s happened to my sister. I hope her son is okay and that Reggie will be able to make it to the finale.

Worried for Reggie for the next few weeks. She’s posted on her socials that her son Lucas isn’t well right now and may have to go into hospital for two weeks. This happens quite often with CF patients and I’ve lost count the amount of times it’s happened to my sister. I hope her son is okay and that Reggie will be able to make it to the finale.
Yeah I saw her post and have been thinking the same.
I am praying for her and her son 🙏🏽

It’s an uphill climb for the newbies for sure, but there’s still scope there to win over the public. Imagine if someone like Tim was a newbie, or Reggie. Of course, they’re also at the mercy of biased editing, but with the right combination of strategy and personality, it’s possible for a newbie to win. The issue is, there are two goals; to make it to the final, and to endear yourself to the public above the other remaining HMs. If your strategy to meet your first goal is too cut throat, you can forget about goal two. It’s a catch 22. That’s the problem with what we saw from Taras last night. It would be different if it was Survivor, where strategy is paramount and you’re ultimately judged by your peers.

The newbies are always doomed. Its a tale of two different productons. The earlier days we got to know housemates through many many hours of interaction. Therefore getting to know them. This production does not allow for any of that. So without the benefit of knowledge about individuals, it remains impossible for the newbies to build any sort of traction within this format. The newbies vs og's is just a flawed concept from its inception.

They really need to ditch the whole "Who wins? You decide" schtick which is just a vestigial limb from the original format to have something seem some what familiar. They sorely need to have a jury to decide who wins, the current format just has the game switch from being about strategy to being about popularity at the very last minute - just look at 2020, we got Chad as the winner who was the "hot guy" model who had a small sob story about having a dead father who was a Big Brother fan and started a showmance with some generic girl in the house. Besides that, I literally couldn't tell you anything about his time in the house because he was quite insignificant to everything that had been pre-recorded.

It just makes the whole game a story about how we got to the final 3, and now they're just in a contest of who is most popular. There is such a wild disconnect that it's just stupid.

They really need to ditch the whole "Who wins? You decide" schtick which is just a vestigial limb from the original format to have something seem some what familiar. They sorely need to have a jury to decide who wins, the current format just has the game switch from being about strategy to being about popularity at the very last minute - just look at 2020, we got Chad as the winner who was the "hot guy" model who had a small sob story about having a dead father who was a Big Brother fan and started a showmance with some generic girl in the house. Besides that, I literally couldn't tell you anything about his time in the house because he was quite insignificant to everything that had been pre-recorded.

It just makes the whole game a story about how we got to the final 3, and now they're just in a contest of who is most popular. There is such a wild disconnect that it's just stupid.
I've thought this for awhile now. It should be "Who wins, you decide AFTER we've decided who you can vote for"

The newbies are always doomed. Its a tale of two different productons. The earlier days we got to know housemates through many many hours of interaction. Therefore getting to know them. This production does not allow for any of that. So without the benefit of knowledge about individuals, it remains impossible for the newbies to build any sort of traction within this format. The newbies vs og's is just a flawed concept from its inception.
exactly. i think the hope was that with the format they would be able to "shine" as newbies but its gone the total opposite way. the audience relate to the people they know..

not me getting angry when this forum wouldnt load

If they shown more of the house dynamics and even have 5/6 people in the final to give the viewers a larger pool to choose the winner then I think it could still work. We saw in that montage of Tully and Drew having arguments last night, Taras having a go at Tully for the drinks and the housemates choosing Aleisha as one of the funniest housemates, there is quality and entertaining content that we mostly miss out on because of how heavy handed the gameplaying is being shown in this format.

So far the most entertaining parts have been nothing to do with the gameplaying itself.

…eveniin’ all… well well well (3 holes in the ground)… Taras is here!…

Hello Everyone!!

I am a long time lurker (read everything from the start of this season and I LOVE IT ALL). I hope its ok that im making myself known, because even though I want to change peoples perspectives (like, I want my story to come across), I dont want anyone to be nicer to me or hold their tongue cuz Im here. I love the unadulterated love, hate, and thirst that comes through haha. Also tbh I feel like most of us housemates are here reading all this anyway.
Anyway its me Taras! And after tonights edit I HAD to come in because it was so so so so brutal haha. Also Hi Estelle haha!
Also Not gonna lie I have lol'd at all the photoshops (they ALL get a big spin in the Big Brother HM group whatsapp chat).

…well helloooooooooo Taras!… welcome to our insanity… I’ve gotta come clean… in the ‘Photoshop thread’ I have done at least a dozen or so Photoshops of you… it sounds like you are up to laughing at yourself for good or bad… that’s great for me because I’m still using you for one I’m in the process of creating right now… don’t worry… this is a nice one… (I think you’ll get a kick out of this one)… I’d ask you which one of them you like the most but Im afraid of which one you’ll pick lol!… my most fun one to do was the ‘Taras wants to go to the Sun’ one… because I love oddballs… and you are the kind of oddball that goes off on different tangents than everybody else around you so you naturally fit in so well with Photoshops… you’re an ideal subject… (Johnson is too for other reasons) lol!…

…remember… all of them are related to the characters that we are shown on TV so none are directed at you personally… (it just adds to the fun I hope)… anyway… now my conscience is clean… now to continue my ongoing mission to seek out new victims… new screenshots… to boldly Photoshop like nobody has Photoshopped before!… (cue Star Trek theme)…

…now… let the show begin!… cheers.

….EDIT;… that Photoshop that I was doing is now done lol!… cheers.

Last edited:
If anyone has experienced server errors this afternoon, be advised it is a Cloudflare incident that is/was affecting multiple regions around the world. They say a fix was implemented 30 minutes ago so hopefully no interruptions during tonight's episode.

If anyone has experienced server errors this afternoon, be advised it is a Cloudflare incident that is/was affecting multiple regions around the world. They say a fix was implemented 30 minutes ago so hopefully no interruptions during tonight's episode.
thank you boss! fingers crossed

…I couldn’t log on for a while but all is good now my friend… cheers.

Back