Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 16 Discussion (8 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG will eventually knife Tim?

• Reggie

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Estelle

Votes: 43 55.8%
  • Tully

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Drew

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Great poll that invites discussion! 😃

I chose Reggie. Her influence over the other OGs, particularly Dave, is increasing. She’s no dummy, but she has simple values, and she’s direct and lacking the duplicitousness of some of the others. She values loyalty and honesty and Tim’s machiavellian gameplay is alienating him from all the remaining OGs apart from Drew, so I think Reggie will see that he has to go. I love that she spoke of the insight she gains from listening and observing rather than trying to be a major player like Tim. That’s her strength, and Tim’s weakness. Reggie is completely underestimated.
Agree. She comes across as naive and incompetent, but that is more of her natural personality rather than game ability. Socially she seems to be doing well, to the point of no one wanting to target her. She's become aware that players like Gabbie who are floating are just as dangerous as the figureheads.

Agree. She comes across as naive and incompetent, but that is more of her natural personality rather than game ability. Socially she seems to be doing well, to the point of no one wanting to target her. She's become aware that players like Gabbie who are floating are just as dangerous as the figureheads.
Exactly! She’s clocked Gabbie as a threat when no one else has. And it just goes to show, although I wouldn’t call her ruthless, she’s prepared to get rid of someone who’s actually quite likeable. For that reason, she might not have Tully and Estelle’s support.

Exactly! She’s clocked Gabbie as a threat when no one else has. And it just goes to show, although I wouldn’t call her ruthless, she’s prepared to get rid of someone who’s actually quite likeable. For that reason, she might not have Tully and Estelle’s support.
And she seems to have quite a voice with Dave. She didn't go into specifics with Dave but told him he should consider Gabbie to which he was totally dumfoundered.. But after a bit of reassurance he was willing to nominate her without knowing why. Even in the diary room BB stated, "So you're voting for Gabbie because Reggie told you to.." To which he stated yes, she's an important part of my alliance, so, I'm voting for Gabbie because she said too.

I don't think anyone else has that power over others in the house...

I don't think anyone else has that power over others in the house...
At least not in a way where Dave is wary of her. Tim seems to have some sort of control but it's different to Reggie as people are realising how he is playing. Reggie seems to have focused on a genuine relationship with Dave and has weaponised that to be able to tell him where to vote. I think Reggie down the track will be a valuable player. People's reluctance to vote for her may not just be because she's the blind women, but a lot of them probably just don't want to because of how likeable she is.

I’m really enjoying this discussion and perspectives. I don’t think Reggie will be the one to “knife” Tim. Just basing this from the outside shenanigans that are taking place and Tim and Reggie seem they did build a bond. Tim has not reacted to her either which tells me someone else will get to him.

Excellent tweet from Taras.
He was not/has not been one of my favourites on the show but I'm starting to reconsider that as he seems to be a genuinely nice person who thinks deeply about his interactions with others.

I’m not really sure why Tim is getting so much hate for ‘going against the OGs’ when it’s becoming clear everyone is playing their own game anyway.
Tully and Estelle have alliances with the women on the newbies side, Dave has been voting against them from the beginning and even Reggie voted against Gabbie last night, as well as being the one to spill the beans on Tully possibly being nominated and Jaycee being nominated.

And I don’t buy the whole ‘Tim orchestrated the Trevor eviction’ and getting Dave to want to put up Tully.
We saw Tim and Dave agree that someone from their side should be nominated, but Dave is the one who was in the diary room and decided who to put up, not Tim.
And in the conversation about Tully in the backyard we see it’s mostly Dave complaining about Tully and they both were keen on her to possibly be nominated (in lieu of Estelle mind you, so clearly they’d decided on putting one of their own up again).
At the end of the day Dave is a 42 year old man. I don’t think he’s this naive and gullible guy who has been conned into anything. 😂 He’s literally been voting his own way since day one, he clearly does what he wants.

I’m not really sure why Tim is getting so much hate for ‘going against the OGs’ when it’s becoming clear everyone is playing their own game anyway.
The thing with Tim is he is preaching "own your move" but he isn't doing that himself. To me, it is apparent that he knows the OGs have his back but at the same time he needs to be at the end with newbies in order to win. He has to manipulate the others or cause the OGs to self implode in order for him to have them voted out without any blood on his hands. But he won't admit to it and gaslights the other housemates to the point of them getting highly emotional. There also doesn't need to be personal attacks made towards other housemates. It's not a bad thing that he's gone against the OGs, it probably is the optimal move, it's just his social media responses that have made him look bad today.

Back