Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 10 Discussion (25 May, 7:30pm)

Are you enjoying this hybrid version of Big Brother?

• Yes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I'd mix it up a different way, but yes.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • I'd mix it up a different way, because no.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
This was clearly a last minute change to cancel the eviction since there was not even a reason for it. I am sure
Why are you so sure?.....the path Sam took was the usual, it was too much to just whip up after noms and the mess it left would have been too hard to hide from remaining housemates if a secret room was involved...
Sam leaving would have been more interesting to watch to see how Drew navigated the game without a relationship.
Or see if the chemistry between him and Tully is too much for them to resist.....you would think the producers would be rubbing their hands together over that thought and booting Sam a first priority...

That’s a misconception, actually, Big Brother isn’t governed by game show laws because it’s classified as entertainment.

I like the old "ignorance is bliss".....highly edited? sure.....rigged? Nah, I'll block that possibility so I can maintain my current level of enjoyment...

Why are you so sure?.....the path Sam took was the usual, it was too much to just whip up after noms and the mess it left would have been too hard to hide from remaining housemates if a secret room was involved...
The producers know where the votes are going before they are cast. Sure someone could actually be undecided or make a last minute change, but in this case of an 8-4 vote, they knew well ahead that Sam was leaving. I would like to think they would have saved Estelle too, but I remain skeptical and think there would be no "Pull Me" waiting for her if the producers thought the votes were headed to an 8-4 vote for her to leave.

This is a pre-recorded show, its not live. The HM's are kept in the Eviction Room for probably a few hours whilst they cycle through nominations, last minute speeches & Sonia chatting to the HM's - we only see an edited version of the discussions that go on in there. She might talk to each & every HM on a variety of topics - then later on they only include 3-4 10 second conversations. And being a pre-recorded show the producers could of easily told the HM's to wait in the room for maybe 10-20 minutes whilst they rigged up the 'Eviction Twist'.

I mean all it was - was a box suspended from the roof with glitter strips in it & a string with a note taped to it that said 'Pull Me'... I doubt whether that would have taken very long to rig up..

This is a pre-recorded show, its not live
I'm naïve but well aware of this fact..
The HM's are kept in the Eviction Room for probably a few hours whilst they cycle through nominations, last minute speeches & Sonia chatting to the HM's - we only see an edited version of the discussions that go on in there.
I wonder if there's anyone on these boards that could (if allowed) give us a rough idea of the average length of an eviction night in the room (probably feels like a looong time when your ass is in one of those chairs!) ....and a hard one to estimate without a time piece....I assume they come and go for toilet breaks maybe

We see with Big Brother Canada, who broadcast their series live but frustratingly pre-record the live evictions in the afternoon, that there is often much more time between the events in the live show than if it was genuinely broadcast live, when they recap how events unfolded in the subsequent highlights show.

I wonder if there's anyone on these boards that could (if allowed) give us a rough idea of the average length of an eviction night in the room (probably feels like a looong time when your ass is in one of those chairs!) ....and a hard one to estimate without a time piece....I assume they come and go for toilet breaks maybe
@Estelle.Landy might be able to answer this ...

I'm naïve but well aware of this fact..
Sorry, I was trying to emphasise my point about the producers having a long time to organise various scenarios etc - not to suggest that you were not aware it wasn't live..

I’m not sure how anyone can think that Sam’s eviction was cancelled due to blatant producer interference.

Now we (and Drew) will be stuck with that gross girl Sam for a while because the housemates will have received the message that they protect her.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they planned who they would save from the beginning because they have their planned storylines.

I’m still wondering why Drew went on and agree it must be because of the lockdown. All the show is doing is making him look bad.

I’m still wondering why Drew went on and agree it must be because of the lockdown. All the show is doing is making him look bad.
I don't think Drew looks bad. He looks like he doesn't give a fuck.

And he probably doesn't. He is the type of housemate who could make decent money going the social media influencer route and he never did. But it does raise the question. If he is not there for the fame or money, then why did he return? Maybe like others suggested he was bored during lockdown or just thought it would be fun.

Reggie did say that he was one of the only genuine people there so maybe he really is there for the experience.

Back