Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 7 Discussion (5 May, 7:30pm)

Did You enjoy last nights double surprise episode ending?

• Yes, It was awesome

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • No, It was awful

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Hmm, It was mixed

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters
How exactly is Dan a bully (really want to know, not just posing a rhetorical)? To my mind, he mainly goes at it with Katie, who is not a vulnerable victim by any means; she's a formidable adversary. All of his king of the jungle posturing is just tongue in cheek twaddle. He actually comes across as a bit of a softy; he seems loyal to his little group. I really dislike how Katie hisses in the ear of anyone who wins a challenge to save Jess and Marley in quite an aggressive way, and presumptuous too, because why should anyone have to do her bidding when they might have their own strategies. But does that make her a bully? I don't think so.

His intimidating and aggressive ways.

What I really want to happen after last nights episode, is for Sid to form a third big alliance.
We have Katie, Jess and Marley.
We also have Dan, Nick and Mel.
Sid should realise at this point that he will be one of the first sacrifices from Dan’s team. He has been put up for eviction by him already.
If he jumps ship and goes to Katie’s alliance he won’t rank any higher.
Imagine if he got into Tilly and Christina’s heads and got them on side. Those girls are quite strong players in challenges but they don’t rank high in Dan’s alliance.
If they formed a third alliance (maybe even a secret one), they could fly under the radar for a bit, especially because of the drama Katie and Dan have together. Their egos wouldn’t see it coming.

What I really want to happen after last nights episode, is for Sid to form a third big alliance.
Sid should realise at this point that he will be one of the first sacrifices from Dan’s team. He has been put up for eviction by him already.
Imagine if he got into Tilly and Christina’s heads and got them on side. Those girls are quite strong players in challenges but they don’t rank high in Dan’s alliance.
If they formed a third alliance (maybe even a secret one), they could fly under the radar for a bit, especially because of the drama Katie and Dan have together. Their egos wouldn’t see it coming.
That likely will happen actually, I can see Sid getting the floaters together, along with SJ and Mary, to form the majority alliance to take out both the other alliances over time.

All is not lost for the dwindling Dan, Nick, Mel alliance. Bound to be some housemates on the outer together with defections, wont take much to coax some needed recruits over.

Oh I hope that does happen. Seeing those alliances form would be awesome.

but from spoilers most likely the two teams come together at some point to take out the in-betweeners ... I don't see the big dog winning out to stay till F3 without doing so (just like last year C/S D/M)

CkGgLZ9.gif
Is there a media bin somewhere on this playform where I can find all this in one spot? Just brilliant lol

I like Christina, Ari, Marley, Tilly and Melissa.

Don't mind the others.

Daniel is my least liked, since he started this alliance stuff. Also Jess, least liked as well. I’m not against a person for being aligned to Daniel either- exception made to Nick- I don’t like him that much either.

Until Sunday.
Strategy, which the show is trying to showcase, requires alliances to succeed. So you’re liking Daniel least because he’s playing a game of strategy? International BB, according to others on here, is far more strategy orientated than what we’re currently getting, even though this is probably the most strategic Aus season yet.

I hope it was bad editing.
Honestly I think SJ is just over the top and that’s her natural reaction. What I suspect though is the radio was faked and they just had a sound engineer playing them feeds from time to time of their own choosing lol.

You know if you’re in the game you just need to plant whispers in her ear and you could cause shit lol.

Not overly impressed with the last few episodes. Contrived and watching Katie’s alliance gush with seratonin overstimulation is not my cup of tea. Enjoy seeing them put on the spot though! lol

Format is almost like a copy of last year rehashed. Hitting red button instead of shooting hoops. Bunker is now an attic. House of horrors and stroking knees now stroking cakes. Could they not seriously shake up the format? The stickying of format is also on display with Aus Survivor. The episode quota, length and all are quite set in stone and it just feels so incredibly evident that it’s like riding the same rollercoaster 40x and there is little real manoeuvring.

Hopefully it will be a fun ride for the rest of the season. It hasn’t been unwatchable , I like the cast and it’s enough to make me come back for more. But we already kinda know what’s gonna happen and it’s a huge downfall of a non live production.

I echo some of your sentiments about the Dan’s alliance game play just being flushed down the toilet due to manipulation on BB’s part. The irony is they are playing the game how it should be played and BB is doing the exact opposite and manipulating the outcome. BB saved Jess by getting the attic ladies to interrupt Sid when he was still deciding who to evict, otherwise I reckon Jess would have gone. Also hate the way Katie whispers pretty aggressively into every winner’s ears who they should keep safe. Like geez, win your own challenge woman!

This episode is now officially called “welcome.. to.. the.. house.. of.. fun”

- courtesy of D Space Enterprises

Not sure how to copy stuff from Instagram. There is a video on the ‘so dramatic podcast’ page, with Dan blasting online trolls and a lot of BB housemates (past and present) backing him up.

Also hate the way Katie whispers pretty aggressively into every winner’s ears who they should keep safe. Like geez, win your own challenge woman!
Yeah it's really off putting and one of the big reasons I want to see her gone. She comes across as a bloody psychopath sometimes. As soon as Tilly won the challenge..."you have to look after Jess and Marley, Jess and Marley, you can't do Jess and Marley, no Jess and Marley promise?" 🤨

When Tilly put Jess up i was like

c60d560067f1cf8b832f4f653249861e.gif

Blaming trolls is the new blaming editors. Absolutey agree people shouldn't send anybody, however vile they might be on a TV show, abuse directly and people need to be careful on social media about tagging people in when you're talking about them, not to them, but on a show like Big Brother people are always going to make judgements on your character within the show and how you react to it.

Also of course the press are the worst for it too - in an article about people "trolling" him the Daily Mail label him a "villian" in their headline, and if the press aren't being critical of "trolls" just saying the sort of things their journalists also say about TV personalities then they're collecting the worst quotes they can find to create articles slagging these people off - often searching out the 1 in 100 negative comments if it fits their story.

Back