Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 6 Discussion (4 May, 7:30pm)

Is the Force with you?

• Yes

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
Do people keep saying this and expecting a different next episode?

No it's nothing remotely like the old BB. Well...there are some small elements which still give me nostalgia. But I'm enjoying it for what it is and what small moments of tension and confrontation we get is still pretty entertaining. We can no longer expect to get to know the housemates anymore because it doesn't want to spend the time showing that footage of people laying around talking by the pool or in the bedroom(didn't mean that to sound like a negative at all).

The eviction every night makes each episode worth watching at least. They couldn't expect people to watch this highly edited and produced stuff unless there was that draw card of some genuine nominating, voting and evicting. I haven't watched a show as it airs yet, only recorded. It's the best way too because I'm always fast forwarding through large parts of the mundane first brain numbing half like the mulcher/sheep hiding/balloon popping/buzzer tasks. It only gets enjoyable starting with the scrambling for who to put up for eviction in the lead up to the challenge.

As soon as Dreamworld went away with Mikey in tow that was the end of BB as we knew it. Even the Nine version feels like old school BB now when you look back at the house/housemates and things like the whole Drew and Tully drama.

I hope that one day Ten gets the rights back, rebuilds the house at Dreamworld with Gretel as host and Mikey narrating. Some small, tiny part of me actually believes that could happen. Like everything else being brought back for nostalgia sake.😁

I couldn't agree more. There are indeed some small moments of nostalgia. I too enjoy it for what it is, with the small moments of tension and confrontation being pretty entertaining. I still eventually settle on a favourite housemate and want to see them do well, and I feel bad for them when things don't go their way or they make a mistake and put their "experience" in jeopardy. I continue to enjoy watching the housemates stumble through the twists, and complaining about having no food, and the lack of sleep, the mental breakdowns, the shocked looks on their faces when a surprise or twist is revealed, and whatever else ... even if it is all strategically edited ... and all of this despite all of them being well aware, before they signed up, that this is how the show works and this is what they've got themselves in to. Not to mention them not working together as a team in tasks or the way they divide up, over time, in to strategic groups, etc. All of that stuff still makes this version worth watching for me in its unique kind of way.

Sadly though, it is a shame that it has merely become a show that you watch, and is essentially a carefully edited, cut-together, soap opera. Unless you were invested in and watched the early seasons, and therefore already understand the concept, I don't think this version is going to attract new fans to the Big Brother "franchise". I mean, let's face it, Big Brother is supposed to be about putting people in to a confined pressure cooker environment and having them watched 24 hours a day by the public who then develop "a rapport" and "feelings" with/toward certain housemates, before then getting a say in who stays or leaves at the end of a week's worth of viewing. That version was exciting. That's what we really all enjoyed. And these forums here were, back in the day, full of opinions and debate about this housemate or that housemate, and this event and that event that had happened. Compared to that "actual" version of BB, this version of BB doesn't even come close or compare.

Last edited:
The pictures shown of "The Attic" last night were just for show. Just like when we watched the gloss over of Mitchell, they showed shots of birds sitting on barbed wire fences, whilst he was out in the wetlands. Honestly, it was so random. Im not sure why they didnt thrown in some pictures of penguins from Antarctica & maybe Big Bird that disappeared in Adelaide......
1620177461362.png

The pictures shown of "The Attic" last night were just for show. Just like when we watched the gloss over of Mitchell, they showed shots of birds sitting on barbed wire fences, whilst he was out in the wetlands. Honestly, it was so random. Im not sure why they didnt thrown in some pictures of penguins from Antarctica & maybe Big Bird that disappeared in Adelaide......
View attachment 56576

Is nothing real any more?????

Every night I watch, the more I feel that we are just watching a program going to script. Never before (in years of watching BB) have I seen someone like Daniel act the biatch so much from the outset.
Last night, the tofu & tim tam story, was just some of the worst acting I have ever seen by Daniel and SJ.
You could see what direction things were going, and it was no surprise for it to be a double eviction.
Next, it will be a repeat of Sophie & Keiran from last year. There will some way for them to either stay in the game or win money (im guessing that it wont be pressing a button), Mary will "take the money" (if you believe there really is any money) and SJ will re-enter the house.
If this is the outcome, I will be disappointed, as I hate TOFU and would love to see it destroyed somehow....

Every night I watch, the more I feel that we are just watching a program going to script. Never before (in years of watching BB) have I seen someone like Daniel act the biatch so much from the outset.
Last night, the tofu & tim tam story, was just some of the worst acting I have ever seen by Daniel and SJ.
You could see what direction things were going, and it was no surprise for it to be a double eviction.
Next, it will be a repeat of Sophie & Keiran from last year. There will some way for them to either stay in the game or win money (im guessing that it wont be pressing a button), Mary will "take the money" (if you believe there really is any money) and SJ will re-enter the house.
If this is the outcome, I will be disappointed, as I hate TOFU and would love to see it destroyed somehow....

They really need to hire better acting coaches for the show.

Clearly they look out to not cast actual fans of the show - because any fan would've noticed that when both SJ and Mary were evicted, Sonia didn't actually say the words "you have been evicted". Either that, or they recorded some shit just to splice it in during editing the show.

Wouldn't put it past them tbh.

Clearly they look out to not cast actual fans of the show - because any fan would've noticed that when both SJ and Mary were evicted, Sonia didn't actually say the words "you have been evicted". Either that, or they recorded some shit just to splice it in during editing the show.

Wouldn't put it past them tbh.

Same with Survivor. In a regular elimination episode JLP says "I'll see you guys at tribal council where one of you will be there nth person voted out of this game" Whereas in a non-elimination episode he says "Where you'll have to vote someone out". Casual audiences seem to never pick up on these subtle hints and nods.

Same with Survivor. In a regular elimination episode JLP says "I'll see you guys at tribal council where one of you will be there nth person voted out of this game" Whereas in a non-elimination episode he says "Where you'll have to vote someone out". Casual audiences seem to never pick up on these subtle hints and nods.
Could be editing though, maybe they re-record these hints later?

Could be editing though, maybe they re-record these hints later?
Be that as it may, what does that change about my statement? These instances still occur when necessary. The wording of the phrases is strategically put in by editors to subtly explain the fake elimination. The phrasing from the hosts only varies in non elimination episodes which has now become too obvious to ignore. Casual audiences let this slip past them, whereas someone like myself and the people on this forum can easily notice.

Just get rid of the lot of them and bring in some hot men tbh

assume-the-position.gif
Yaas.

Nothing more cringeworthy than seeing when one person is more interested in another person who doesn't feel the same way lol.
Kudos for him for getting the balls to actually do it, on national television. No one in this forum behind a screen would ever have the balls to do somehting like that with the heads of a sucked mango. What an absolute legend. He seems like a sweet dude, but at the end of the day.. Girls dont like personality, they only like muscles and fakeness. Go Mitch!

Back