Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021- Episode 15 Discussion (24 May, 7:30pm)

Are you enjoying this years nominations challenges so far?

• Yes, they are amazing!

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • No, they are awful!

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Maybe, they are mixed!

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
It was a rubbish twist. Overthought but really same concept.

On another note, I’m kind of annoyed that Christina was targeted but brenton was not. It wins to be a guy in that house

Also all that fuss about peanut butter. Sheesh! Glad Christina took it in the end.

Rewatching parts of the show. Watching with kids is really just not watching but them asking a million of questions and commentating without actually watching the show, yet they still follow it decently.

It was a rubbish twist. Overthought but really same concept.

On another note, I’m kind of annoyed that Christina was targeted but brenton was not. It wins to be a guy in that house

I don’t think gender has anything to do with it.

I believe that Brenton was part of their alliance when entering the house. Christina was not. Plus she seems to be close to Ari so it was smarter to nominate her than Brenton.

I don’t think gender has anything to do with it.

I believe that Brenton was part of their alliance when entering the house. Christina was not. Plus she seems to be close to Ari so it was smarter to nominate her than Brenton.
That explains putting her up for eviction, sure, for now I’ll go with that. But the reasonings reflected her being with brenton being the issue. They placed the falling on her, she had to defend it, like it was her fault and no fault of his own. (Not that it’s anyone’s fault but perspectives of these hms). At the end he defended it, but he chose to on his accord rather than have that targeted on him the way it was for Christina. That’s what I don’t appreciate.

That explains putting her up for eviction, sure, for now I’ll go with that. But the reasonings reflected her being with brenton being the issue. They placed the falling on her, she had to defend it, like it was her fault and no fault of his own. (Not that it’s anyone’s fault but perspectives of these hms). At the end he defended it, but he chose to on his accord rather than have that targeted on him the way it was for Christina. That’s what I don’t appreciate.

Well she was up for nominations. So the focus would be on her.

This is the problem with a multiple episode count and a promise of evictions every episode. Just like Australian Survivor you have to come up with shit twists (in this case, the same twist) to have a few episodes with no evictions but still go through the process. Means with the intruders last night that 4 out of 5 episodes in a row have no evictions and by effectively giving the housemates two weeks off they killed any momentum they built up with Katie's eviction.

As we said last year just restructuring the show slightly to have an eviction every other episode (with 4 eps a week) would make it all flow so much better.

Probably the most I've been distracting myself while watching all season so far.

Not much to say. Not exactly sure the tactic of some to deliberately stuff up the zap food carrying task. For laughs???

Ari has resting death mask face.

Walking dead, umm ok. Once again, no idea if this was planned a head of time or pulled to save the romance or the cannibal.

This is the problem with a multiple episode count and a promise of evictions every episode. Just like Australian Survivor you have to come up with shit twists (in this case, the same twist) to have a few episodes with no evictions but still go through the process. Means with the intruders last night that 4 out of 5 episodes in a row have no evictions and by effectively giving the housemates two weeks off they killed any momentum they built up with Katie's eviction.

As we said last year just restructuring the show slightly to have an eviction every other episode (with 4 eps a week) would make it all flow so much better.
I agree. 4 one hour episodes per week airing from sunday to wednesday with an eviction every second day would be perfect for this format.

I might be one or two out but by my calculations for this to reach 31 episodes with 3 finalists, and with 24 active housemates (so excluding quitter Gabe and the twin that quit the task) they need 9 episodes without an eviction, so even after this week they'll still need another 4 non-eviction episodes.

The structure would be so much better if for the first 26 episodes it was an eviction every other episode, and then as numbers dwindle and it can drag a bit have an eviction every episode from episode 27-30, leaving a final 3. That fills the series with 20 housemates - and still a bit of flexibility to have double evictions, fake evictions or a couple of intruders (not 6!).

Without adding anything more to the format you'd have the shopping/luxury task and the nominations challenge in the first episode and then the nominations and eviction in the second - with more time between the challenge and nominations so they can get some footage of housemates trying to influence the nominations. Throw in more footage of housemates just talking to each other and you'd not also pad the show out but also appease the viewer who miss seeing the day to day conversations within the show alongside the gameplay. It's a win win really.

Last edited:
I agree. 4 one hour episodes per week airing from sunday to wednesday with an eviction every second day would be perfect for this format.

The structure would be so much better if for the first 26 episodes it was an eviction every other episode, and then as numbers dwindle and it can drag a bit have an eviction every episode from episode 27-30, leaving a final 3. That fills the series with 20 housemates - and still a bit of flexibility to have double evictions, fake evictions or a couple of intruders (not 6!).

Completely agree! Give us a lot less housemates, and more footage of them interacting and then scrambling before the vote, and it'll probably be OK. I wouldn't be opposed to an immunity / veto / save me challenge either.

Once they stop trying to be Survivor in a house with a D grade housemates, they may actually be able to produce a good show that is worth watching. Right now, it's tedious.

Thank you, whoever fixed my tech problem!

I couldn't post last night, and now I have nothing to say...

I'm glad Christina gets to stay and do a Bette Midler in the basement number, whatever that movie was.

Because Brenton is an intruder. They nommed Adrianna for the same reason I would nom Brenton. They’re both don’t have a secure alliance and ppl can’t tell what alliance they’re apart of. Second of all Brenton would be a physical threat more than Christina. It quite literally make no sense to throw Christina in and not Brenton as well. Or just Brenton in that case🤷‍♀️
It's Ari's fault Even though Marley & Mitchell said Ari's peanut butter accusation was false & shifty, no one called him out on it & let him ride the get out the showmance. ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Team anyone is cuter than Ari even if they are intruders

Back