Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 1 Discussion (26 April) - First 12 housemates

Never watched it. Sounded pretty shit at the time, but is now probably much better than the shit Seven is airing.
The fake aeroplane ride to Bali in 2008 was beyond cringe, I did not enjoy it at all and was embarrassingly childish. However in saying that the 2008 season in general is underrated and in all honesty has aged better than some of the older seasons. And it is much more closer to what Big Brother is than the 9 or 7 iterations tried to be.

I've been on this forum from the beginning but I managed to watch 5 eps of BBCAN last week with more interest than this over-contrived nonsense from BBAU.
This.

I’ve been more invested in BBCAN this year than I have with BBAU since around 2013.

I have genuinely lost all interest in our current season after last night - I’ll catch up eventually (maybe by binging a few episodes at once it’ll make me see it differently) - but I feel content with walking away from it now. It’s just not Big Brother.

This.

I’ve been more invested in BBCAN this year than I have with BBAU since around 2013.

I have genuinely lost all interest in our current season after last night - I’ll catch up eventually (maybe by binging a few episodes at once it’ll make me see it differently) - but I feel content with walking away from it now. It’s just not Big Brother.

Just call us Classicists or just ...Class?

Yep. Will check in when all my other shows are running low in my viewing lists and no good books.

Here we go again!
Not sure what to expect tonight, but I know I'm out after an hour and will watch the last part tomorrow.

In all honesty, fuck 'Family Friendly'.
We didn't sign up for that shit. If you want Family Friendly, watch Lego Masters.
They make out like it was so "adult" in the first place. Apart from the Adults Only/Uncut show and some content on the live feed or uplate it was pretty much as family friendly as you can get. Sadly though producers often mistake "family friendly" for childish. And the last thing children often want to watch is something they find childish.

They make out like it was so "adult" in the first place. Apart from the Adults Only/Uncut show and some content on the live feed or uplate it was pretty much as family friendly as you can get. Sadly though producers often mistake "family friendly" for childish. And the last thing children often want to watch is something they find childish.

At least we dont have that Surly the fish crap this time around.

Also the Turkey Slap was pretty much a self induced crisis... The Kris Noble era of BB was all about casting young and oversexed HM’s. BB 2005 was heavily promoted as such and even removed two HM’s who lied about not being single. They had pretty much asked for something inappropriate to happen and the fact that it did spoke to the type of HM’s they chose to cast.

At least we dont have that Surly the fish crap this time around.
I disagree on that... I’m not saying a Surly type character needs to return but just that the current show is taking itself too seriously and could use an injection of fun and frivolity.

Also the Turkey Slap was pretty much a self induced crisis... The Kris Noble era of BB was all about casting young and oversexed HM’s. BB 2005 was heavily promoted as such and even removed two HM’s who lied about not being single. They had pretty much asked for something inappropriate to happen and the fact that it did spoke to the type of HM’s they chose to cast.
To an extent yes, but it was also an isolated incident which 15 years later is still being quoted as the reason for serving up crap.

To an extent yes, but it was also an isolated incident which 15 years later is still being quoted as the reason for serving up crap.
That’s my point... Production have never had the insight to they caused the problem and they can fix it. Instead the show and fans suffer.

Didn’t watch last BB, wasn’t going to watch this one, but brother in law and sister in law said it was great with great personalities...

It was scattered. They’ve recorded it with so many breaks between convos, you could see their convo had missing parts or was unfinished. I started playing Woodoku within half an hour and by the end I was more interested in finishing the set challenge. Then Daniel showed some balls and actually went through with his word. That was slightly entertaining but not enough for me to rush to watch all the episodes I think.

Still first episode. Don’t want to judge too early

Shapes with Sonia

zJfkoNR.gif

Sonia is now part of the illuminati...

100%. I’m sick of the media constantly quoting it and perpetuating the myth that Big Brother in those days was family unfriendly. The show did approach many mature themes in those days, far different to the total exclusion of conversation topics today, no religion / politics / life discussion unless it’s someone dying or something to cry about eg. missing family, but I will maintain it was much better for families than this version. TV is trying to dull peoples minds these days.

We are watching BB lite. With a vague focus on strategy but mostly engagement in fast forward invoking tomfoolery.

100%. I’m sick of the media constantly quoting it and perpetuating the myth that Big Brother in those days was family unfriendly. The show did approach many mature themes in those days, far different to the total exclusion of conversation topics today, no religion / politics / life discussion unless it’s someone dying or something to cry about eg. missing family, but I will maintain it was much better for families than this version. TV is trying to dull peoples minds these days.

We are watching BB lite. With a vague focus on strategy but mostly engagement in fast forward invoking tomfoolery.

The obvious and shameless way big brother has been manufacturing content in the seven version has been ridiculous. For all we know these housemates could be having really interesting conversations. But the producers would rather them do a stupid dance on the order of big brother than anything real.

Back