Skip to main content

BBAU 2020 Predictions

BigBrotherCritic

Like working a job 24/7, for 2 days on the trot
Will it shine? Will it flop? What are your interesting, weird or wacky predictions for this years Big Brother?

I think it'll have a solid start but then decline like any show would, but maybe flop towards the end. They'd probably end up bringing it back in 2020. I'm surprised they haven't done the circle though, I thought it'd be cheaper to produce as they don't have to go anywhere besides their rooms

I'm surprised they haven't done the circle though, I thought it'd be cheaper to produce as they don't have to go anywhere besides their rooms
They can't. Netflix bought the world rights (ex-UK) for The Circle.

As I mentioned in another thread, I've been mildly optimistic about this series thus far, including the new format. I genuinely don't hate the concept and there's a lot I do like about what we've seen so far, but I'm still letdown by Seven's execution of the revamp and marketing.

I do hope we get the chance at another season as I do believe this will very much be a trial run for the network. A second chance will definitely allow them to find their feet and at least refine and tweak things that did or didn't gel with audiences this year.

If anything, in a weird twist of fate I really believe the fact it's pre-recorded and that they chose to film when they did was a true blessing in disguise for the network. This year, at least.

As I mentioned in another thread, I've been mildly optimistic about this series thus far, including the new format. I genuinely don't hate the concept and there's a lot I do like about what we've seen so far, but I'm still letdown by Seven's execution of the revamp and marketing.

I do hope we get the chance at another season as I do believe this will very much be a trial run for the network. A second chance will definitely allow them to find their feet and at least refine and tweak things that did or didn't gel with audiences this year.

If anything, in a weird twist of fate I really believe the fact it's pre-recorded and that they chose to film when they did was a true blessing in disguise for the network. This year, at least.

I agree... One downside for me is that I was clinging to some hope that moderate success could encourage some expansion in future series. Learning that it’s the brain behind the previous revival calling the shots and his recent comments lead me to believe not much will change.

I would LOVE it if we got another season out of it. Every TV show needs a pilot season to get their feet and if this season is going to be good, imagine what it'll be like once its tweaked. Similar to Ausvivor 2016, they tried, they learnt and then produced one of the best shows of the entire series ever in 2017.

The concept is different and I think normal bb viewers might be disappointed that there's no regular interactive nominations/eviction cycle, but I'm interested to see how it plays out, particularly to compare it to BBUS/CAN.

I predict there'll be housemates interviewed on radio that complain about the editing or discussions that don't end up airing.
That's a given, especially in an edited-to-within-an-inch-of-its-life pre-recorded format. No soup for you!

Someone will be the winner.
Given how tight Seven have been with their prizes this year I wouldn't even take that as a given - if it rates badly enough they might just pull it to avoid declaring anyone the winner and giving anyone the prize.

I cautiously predict the shows ratings will drop severely after the first show - cruise along at an 'acceptable' point throughout and tail off until the final "You Decide".

I have a horrible feeling that with the show being so compressed, that getting to know the people will be impossible, and that anybody with a fitness disadvantage is going to be poorly placed to stay in the house. Glad to be disproved.

Given how tight Seven have been with their prizes this year I wouldn't even take that as a given - if it rates badly enough they might just pull it to avoid declaring anyone the winner and giving anyone the prize.

House Rules is not rating that well this season and they haven’t pulled it. I don’t see Big Brother getting worse ratings than that.

Where do you get your ratings info from @sav0001 ?
They make sense but I struggle to make a differentiation of possible figures to manipulated figures.
I am a blissful ingenue on these matters so I ask you. How much trust do you have in the reported figures?
What methods to they utilise?
Can they be skewed to sustain an agenda?

Where do you get your ratings info from @sav0001 ?
They make sense but I struggle to make a differentiation of possible figures to manipulated figures.
I am a blissful ingenue on these matters so I ask you. How much trust do you have in the reported figures?
What methods to they utilise?
Can they be skewed to sustain an agenda?

I get my ratings from these two sites:

https://forums.mediaspy.org/ and tvtonight.com.au

The ratings are based on ratings boxes which have been randomly assigned to around 5000 households.

This link explains how it all works:

Right now House Rules is rating about half of what Masterchef and The Voice get.

I have a horrible feeling that with the show being so compressed, that getting to know the people will be impossible
I sorta disagree on this and I hate to keep likening BB to Survivor, but as a show that is similar with a challenge/strategy/voteout cycle structure, I think it holds up really well. If BB can prioritise its airtime to the components that viewers, especially fans of the old format, want to see (funny moments/character moments and arcs/bitching/romance/whatever) whilst still providing us with a new, exciting way to watch and play the game, it will be successful and great to watch.

Worth saying that Survivor only gets around the 600k mark for Ten, but crucially it generally rises through the season, rises season on season and most importantly is a well produced show which is well received by fans. I suspect Big Brother may falter on the last two.

...and most importantly is a well produced show which is well received by fans. I suspect Big Brother may falter on the last two.
This. It actually disappoints me so much when I scroll through social media comments on virtually any post related to BBAU, official page or not. The response is direly negative, more than I’ve ever seen for a brand, and it’s mostly unreasonable.

This is why I was so against their Sunrise promo here. (Which, mind you, that segment has already caused controversy in itself.) They absolutely needed to spend a portion of their time in the lead-up to this season on working to change the audience’s perception of BB in Australia. I just can’t help but feel this could be a downfall for them if the show can’t prove that on its own.

Back