Skip to main content

BBAU 2020 - Eye Spy (7plus) Discussion

Right. Finally watched Eye Spy ep one and The Big Bro show ep one.

God they just didn't think this through properly.

Both are about 12 or so minutes long. But Eye Spy is just the interview Sonia should have done at the end of the episode for each evictee with some footage of them in the house, and if you've read the press pieces post eviction you've heard all pf their thoughts three times already. The secret unseen scene at the very end...I've seen it! So...huh?

The Big Bro show gives a recap of the first three episodes, with some amusing commentary. I with they'd included Mike Goldman in the show proper, or would put his piece on the 7plus website, and up his production values a little. Eye Spy was slightly crisper in that area.

As it is, Big Bro adds more to my viewing experience. I like Sonia, but she's a very bland interviewer.

I had assumed we'd have the Eye Spy as a half hour show running alongside each episode, and that it would flesh out the details, and involve insightful commentary and a few laughs. Really they need to combine Goldy's show with this pedestrian evictee interview footage to make a decent standalone show, which would then run close to half an hour. Anyway, live and learn. I think 7 really needs to think a bit more. It's like the work experience kids came up with the whole extras thing on the fly during a morning coffee brainstorming session that got rubber stamped without further thought.

Can anyone actually watch this? Been trying since Wednesday but it only shows the first 3 episodes.
Nope - here in Perth on TPG (iinet) - no can do. :mad:

I've tried rebooting, deleting App, logging out of Desktop & App, changing DNS, clearing caches, different browser, rebooting router, all to no avail.

I can't see EyeSpy (even though it appears on the carousel - it will not load when clicking on it), nor can I see extended vote for Wednesday).

Last edited:
On desktop, it just brings up the main BB page with EP3 as the selected episode.

On AppleTV, when I click EyeSpy in the carousel, the screen is black with "Loading..." and a spinning chevron forever (never loads).
I think it requires GPS location to be turned on maybe? I have the same problem on my Android box.

Location services are 'on' on the AppleTV
:(
Hmm, dunno then. I can watch with my VPN on my lappy, but not on my VPN using my Android box. I might try it in the browser rather than the 7plus app.

On desktop, it just brings up the main BB page with EP3 as the selected episode.

On AppleTV, when I click EyeSpy in the carousel, the screen is black with "Loading..." and a spinning chevron forever (never loads).

I had that problem, too. And the bit where it would flick me back up top. I left I for a day or so. Then it played...

I think it was Big Bro Show that I was also unable to play, but tried it on a different browser and eventually got it to work.

Last edited:
I think it was Big Bro Show that I was also unable to play, but tried it on a different browser and eventually got it to work.
Yes, Big Bro Show refused to play on the 7News site for me, but was fine directly from youtube.

Pleased to say Episode 4 & "EP4 Extended Vote" showed up on 7Plus straight away.

BUT - Episode 3's Extended Vote is STILL NOT THERE and Eye-Spy still won't play.

Looks like the local server isn't synchronized but is pushed updates, and missed Wednesday's late updates.

WTF 7Plus.jpg

At some point late today Eye-Spy and Extended Vote for E03 FINALLY showed up today on desktop & AppleTV - better late than never.

:bang:

What is going on with X-doll's left nostril??? He really likes to dig around in there. I enjoyed the clip at the end with Marissa and the four guys done up, and wonder why they feel the need to leave that sort of thing out of the daily show, in lieu of more footage of people running or Kieran.

Now I want Talia's blouse, as well as Xavier's less often seen stripey jumper...

Back