Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 6 Discussion (16 June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That twist at the end was so cool, into the BB bunker. I liked that a lot. This isn't the Big Brother I knew from the past but it's an enjoyable ride so far. With a same day nomination/eviction each episode it almost makes it seem weird now that the housemates would sit being nominated for days before eviction in the past.

Also, every time I hear Sonya narrate it I just wish it were Mikey Goldman. She doesn't even compare. That is my biggest annoyance. That and not hearing everyone's nominations. Can we please be in the loop with some of it!?

That twist at the end was so cool, into the BB bunker. I liked that a lot. This isn't the Big Brother I knew from the past but it's an enjoyable ride so far. With a same day nomination/eviction each episode it almost makes it seem weird now that the housemates would sit being nominated for days before eviction in the past.

Also, every time I hear Sonya narrate it I just wish it were Mikey Goldman. She doesn't even compare. That is my biggest annoyance. That and not hearing everyone's nominations. Can we please be in the loop with some of it!?
It's the same twist that happened in 2006 with Anna and Camilla with their fake eviction into the bunker room.

My favourite part of the show was when big brother kept telling Angela to be quiet after her eviction and then he eventually said "Angela...Nevermind". LMAO!

Racial bias is not about being overtly or even subtly racist in the way most people think of it. The litmus test is if white people with the same qualities were up would they have gone. And the reality is NO. The POC have gone because people have an inherent bias against "others". There have been people up for eviction with more reason to get out, but they've stayed. Now this is not to say that every reason is based on racial bias, but that it plays a role and denying that is unhelpful.

I'm aloud my own opinion there sport. Some did, some didn't. It was still very OTT, over fucking tea.

Swap tea for coffee and most people would get it!

As much as I enjoy watching Angela, her Centrelink handouts remark was pretty bad. I can handle that she thinks Jesus watches Big Brother, but callous remarks about the disadvantaged are another issue altogether.

I also want to see more of the nominations process, and reasons in the main show. I wonder if they plan the edit backwards from the nominations and eviction to integrate the supposedly strategic storylines into the edit.

I wonder if they plan the edit backwards from the nominations and eviction to integrate the supposedly strategic storylines into the edit.
Yes it would be really interesting to know about the editing process, and how they construct the season and the entire narrative.

For the evicition process I wouldn't mind if they showed three hm's voting in full, then maybe pulled a line like 'the other hm's are gonna vote during the comm break'. Then we return from comm break and sonia reveals who got the least votes and is safe, something like 'After recieving only x votes, the housemate who is safe and will not be going home tonight is..... housemate x'. Then Sonia reverts back to the traditional it's time to go, a speach like 'one of you is about to be evcited from the bb house, after a vote of 5-7, it's time to go.. housemate x'.. I prefer the suspense.

Why not show the hm's voting and then not even have the vote being revealed as a suspensful moment.. it's so stupid

...And do something other than "announce housemate with the least amount of votes. Slowly announce housemate with the second least amount of votes. Finally, slowly announce the housemate who has the most votes, for those of us who can't count and will find this a surprise".

For the evicition process I wouldn't mind if they showed three hm's voting in full, then maybe pulled a line like 'the other hm's are gonna vote during the comm break'. Then we return from comm break and sonia reveals who got the least votes and is safe, something like 'After recieving only x votes, the housemate who is safe and will not be going home tonight is..... housemate x'. Then Sonia reverts back to the traditional it's time to go, a speach like 'one of you is about to be evcited from the bb house, after a vote of 5-7, it's time to go.. housemate x'.. I prefer the suspense.

Why not show the hm's voting and then not even have the vote being revealed as a suspensful moment.. it's so stupid
I just realised you said exactly the same thing, that's what I get for replying while still reading.

Your responses say a lot about your own values. I had hoped Angela isn't that kind of intolerant person lacking compassion for people who need to rely on benefits. And those people are disadvantaged, or they wouldn't be claiming benefits, ie. sick, elderly, unemployed, victims of domestic violence. I don't think that's something to make flippant jokes about.

My response says nothing about my values. It probably says I'm not easily offended. In the context of the situation we all knew what she meant by saying it's not Centrelink. It's an interchangeable word that could've just as easily been "handout". She didn't mention the disadvantaged at all in any negative light. If she did I would agree with you 100%.

I also want to see more of the nominations process, and reasons in the main show. I wonder if they plan the edit backwards from the nominations and eviction to integrate the supposedly strategic storylines into the edit.
I would think the editing starts at least a month after the recording,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back