Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 19 Discussion (20 July)

Did Kieran do the right thing by exiting the game with the whiteroom money?

• Yes, He had zero chance of winning the game if he went back in the house.

Votes: 63 85.1%
  • No, He would of actually won the popular vote if he went back in the house.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure because Kieran really is one of a kind.

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The producers seem to have decreed that Sarah must leave at this stage.

Being the physically weakest, she was bound to lose the 'Corn Challenge'. She never stood a chance. Sophie valiantly battled and would have won the challenge despite her disadvantage of starting off with less corn... except... this one couldn't be won, it could only be lost.

Am I the only one who was hoping for a magpie to appear and circle above Dan while he was in the drink? In the end it wasn't needed because surprisingly, the battered Chad came through and won the challenge.

Does anybody know what the white dog was actually for?

Until the very end Sarah clung to the hope that the meat heads would pull her through. How blind can you be girl? She has been conditioned to always fall for those types of guys... a curse she will be stuck with all her life.

So in the end we have, as so many times before, two self righteous, beefy blokes gleefully grinning their smug smiles and singing each others praises until one of them will be crowned winner. Bummer.

Sarah was screwed by the voting twist as well - I think in any scenario with a fair vote she'd have been taken through to final 4, and then to final 3, as the two sides are always going to evict each other over Sarah, but producers denied Chad and Sophie the chance to vote out Mat this round.

Mat's advantage should have been no more than an advantage in that Corn challenge - or even not having to play it.

I reckon Sophie wins the challenge tomorrow.
How do you figure? Do you already know what the challenge is going to be?
What if... the challenge will be to measure the height of each contestant and the winner will be the tallest one?
This is not as ridiculous as it sounds, considering recent events.

How do you figure? Do you already know what the challenge is going to be?
What if... the challenge will be to measure the height of each contestant and the winner will be the tallest one?
This is not as ridiculous as it sounds, considering recent events.

Considering a lot us know who is in the finale as it's been leaked, it's a safe bet.

for the trilogy they had a challenge where the loser suddenly automatically goes up for eviction which was never going to be fair on someone of Sarah's height.
I still think this was a spur of the moment change by producers. In the subsequent challenge in the water tank, you could see the tank was big enough for five HMs. And it looked like the top was hinged for each of them, despite them entering the tank from the unused middle position.

I any case there were many challenges that put Sarah at a disadvantage. The corn was obviously one, but the one where they had to launch the balls into each other's baskets should have been customised to their heights. She had to hold it higher (relative to her height) to get her balls' speed up. Much more difficult when you have short arms because she has a much lower range of movement/reach. In fact I'm not even sure this could be customised fairly because it's not just the height but they'd have to shorten the length of the 'lever' for her.

Tonights episode really was one big joke to be honest. The producers stacked the odds against the romance by giving sophie a handicap in both challenges. The producers stacked the odds toward the bromance by giving Matt an extra vote at eviction. This meant that little old Sarah got caught in the crossfire and much to my dismay she was evicted.
Sarah should have broken up the power couples.. She had the opportunity but decided against it. If she had, more than likely she would have made it to the end.

The final 5 is not the place to be throwing twists in - makes a mockery of the whole format.

Even final 6 is too late. White room should be in the first half of the season to be honest. Really difficult to have a proper strategy and get thrown off so bad right at the end. If they'd made the rules clear on how there would be a rollover in advantage, at least it would have avoided a lot of confusion.

The producers seem to have decreed that Sarah must leave at this stage.

Being the physically weakest, she was bound to lose the 'Corn Challenge'. She never stood a chance. Sophie valiantly battled and would have won the challenge despite her disadvantage of starting off with less corn... except... this one couldn't be won, it could only be lost.

Pretty sure challenges would have been prepared well in advance of the episode. It's not like they're moving a mouse and selecting from an extensive list of challenges, and going hmmmm who should we send home tonight... If Sarah had broken up the power couples and could have bonded with a loose element, she would have stood a chance. Sarah did this to herself, I'm sorry to say. Remember when she had the "power". Did she use it well ?

Sarah was screwed by the voting twist as well - I think in any scenario with a fair vote she'd have been taken through to final 4, and then to final 3, as the two sides are always going to evict each other over Sarah, but producers denied Chad and Sophie the chance to vote out Mat this round.

Mat's advantage should have been no more than an advantage in that Corn challenge - or even not having to play it.
I'm not sure I agree - WINNING a challenge has, for the entire show this year, given them immunity and the choice to decide who is nominated. These multiple challenges in this episode were for deciding who would be up for eviction. It's only fair that some sort of advantage in a final 5 that would secure that player that won the previous episode challenge before the twist (whoever it may have been) from getting unfavorably twisted out. It's just because it happened to be Mat that people don't like it.

Pretty sure this would have been written into the challenge notes before the season started filming.

Pretty sure challenges would have been prepared well in advance of the episode. It's not like they're moving a mouse and selecting from an extensive list of challenges, and going hmmmm who should we send home tonight...
Not necessarily. The last seven episodes were thrown slightly off-course due to Covid speeding up the process. There was only 9 days between the temporary shutdown and the HMs finally leaving the house. We know for a fact some challenges got changed in the immediate aftermath (i.e. the final seven challenge was originally supposed to be for the final eight, as well as the additional of in-house challenges such as the chair task) so it’s not impossible to believe that the water challenge was intended for five people.

Also, it seems you underestimate reality television producers. ;)

Not necessarily. The last seven episodes were thrown slightly off-course due to Covid speeding up the process. There was only 9 days between the temporary shutdown and the HMs finally leaving the house. We know for a fact some challenges got changed in the immediate aftermath (i.e. the final seven challenge was originally supposed to be for the final eight, as well as the additional of in-house challenges such as the chair task) so it’s not impossible to believe that the water challenge was intended for five people.

True that, but by far and large, there would have been a list of challenges and tasks in the designs, and all the silly ideas (house of horrors, dog, boxes etc. ) while originally planned, had some level of flexibility. Fish was probably incorporated later for extra footage. No ways they could put together challenges that won't be used without pre-planning. And, as we saw, that one challenge was designed for the final 8, it was merely shifted an episode or two due to a matter out of their control.

The argument I don't buy, however, is that the challenge was specifically designed to get rid of Sarah, knowing that her stature didn't stand her a chance. Although, who truly knows what's going on behind the scenes ;)

Well, I've been meaning to get in my feedback to this thread since I caught up on everything but didn't get the chance.

*CRICKETS CHIRPING*

*TWIG SNAPS SOMEWHERE IN THE DISTANCE*

*CLEARS THROAT ANYWAY*

All in all, this episode was frightfully boring! I am away from home at the moment and have limited internet at an Air BNB that uses a 4G modem (who does that shit),and really have to treat each GB as precious so I was a little upset to find that the DVR had failed to record Big Brother for some reason, but had managed to record Masterchef (and it did well in cutting off the last 20 minutes of that final, there you go.)

Mainly I was surprised that people really thought it was going to be Mat's time going home, after Chad won the challenge and Mat's extra vote became clear. People saying that it would be in Daniels' best interest to send Mat home. Are you guys serious?!? You got to be kidding, or is that a bout of selective attention bias or something that you guys have?? Clearly Daniel is so far jocked up in Mat's pants, in one of the best shows of mateship orientated gameplay to present itself on this show in years and you think that he's going to decide to vote out Mat because the producers wanted to make us think that there was another option on the table for him ?

Guys, face it, the production tricked you into thinking that he would decide to vote Mat out. There is a difference between what the person really wants on the show, and an edit and enforced footage that producers use to make us sit on the edge of our seats.

Let me be clear, this is not something I enjoy - it's already widely used in Survivor and it's not something that the core premise of Big Brother should be about. It's clearly deviated, and become something devised rather than an observation of a natural environment. It's hurting the show but apparently it caters to something that most of Australia wants in a program.

At the nomination scene, I saw there was still 20 minutes to go, and I was exhausted and just wanted to fast forward the whole lot of rubbish of walking up and down and the nonsense chats with Sonia. It felt like time I would never get back, and I was aching for it to finish when the result was so obvious.

Pretty much this sums up my view of this whole show:

"Big Brother. We see every move. Nothing escapes the cameras in the Big Brother House. We are always watching.".

Chad walks into the diary room with the pink flag.

Big Brother: "Hey Chad, where did you get that flag?"

Pretty sure challenges would have been prepared well in advance of the episode. It's not like they're moving a mouse and selecting from an extensive list of challenges, and going hmmmm who should we send home tonight... If Sarah had broken up the power couples and could have bonded with a loose element, she would have stood a chance. Sarah did this to herself, I'm sorry to say. Remember when she had the "power". Did she use it well ?

Sarah was never going to win because her story wasn't told on the show. She was just a supporting player.

I think big brother was prompting Chad to tell his story about the flag.
Still, it wouldn't surprise me if BB didn't actually know or was unable to tell when it was created. He may have actually suspected that it was a prop left on the show or a crew member have left the flag lying around lol.

I actually suspect that there are times when there isn't a crew on site doing anything for long periods of time. Perhaps a night watchman and an employee told to watch the cameras to make sure nothing bad happens. The footage we do see tends to be centered on special events in the house, and we don't see much at all outside of those periods.

That's one question to ask one of the housemates when the hoohar dies down a bit : were there periods in the house when the cameras just didn't move around at all ?

Last edited:
I think if you solely have to rely on challenges to move you through the game then you don't deserve to win. Setting yourself up earlier in the game so even if you don't win every challenge you have a safety net that will keep you safe.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if BB didn't actually know or was unable to tell when it was created. He may have actually suspected that it was a prop left on the show or a crew member have left the flag lying around lol.

I actually suspect that there are times when there isn't a crew on site doing anything for long periods of time. Perhaps a night watchman and an employee told to watch the cameras to make sure nothing bad happens. The footage we do see tends to be centered on special events in the house, and we don't see much at all outside of those periods.

That's one question to ask one of the housemates when the hoohar dies down a bit : were there periods in the house when the cameras just didn't move around at all ?
Apparently there needs to be at least one person watching the cameras at all times for OHSW reasons so i assume overnight they would be the only person in the production compound with probably a security guard patrolling outside to ensure there is no vandalism of the eye, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back