Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 14 Discussion (6 July)

Is Daniel a mongrel?

• Yes, he is awful

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • No, he is ok

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Hmm, he is a bit mixed

Votes: 16 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 14

Kieren (0)

Marissa (5)

Dan (Challenge threat, will come for him)
Mat (Threat to his game, rather work with Kieren)
Sophie (Can't trust her)
Chad (She keeps flipping, makes him paranoid)
Sarah (No opportunity for her to work with Marissa in the future)

The fact that we can narrow it down to this makes me angry. Why the fuck is 7 just revealing everything before it airs?
And they're usually pretty good at not doing that. I remember once a few years ago trying to decipher who would last a while in MKR based on one of their promos but they used to be edited quite deceitfully. Clearly not anymore.

Sonia finally being a shady little bitch with those questions
Child 44 GIF

Hi everyone! I've been lurking these threads since this season began (and was here in 2013 and 2014). Lifelong BB fan. It's getting super quiet here since the show jumped the shark last night. I remember reading months ago that the producers weren't happy with the housemates, that they were quite boring. I thought it was fake, because things were off to a good start. When Angela pulled that power move against Talia for example - GREAT TV. But yeah, it turned out to be true. There is no one to root for or against now? Literally the most boring people are left. Does anyone even have a favourite?

A major problem with the series is the fact that it pays NOT to win challenges. Kieran. Dan. Chad. In fact, everyone left have won the least challenges. Isn't this a fundamental flaw of the show? Playing strategically is to reliably not win a challenge because then no one sees you as a threat. Plus the fact that the challenges are predominantly physical is just not BB. I was under the impression at first that the challenges would start physical and then become more brain/puzzle based. But nope.

The fact that the show filtered out everyone interesting.. only to be left with THESE people needs to be fixed in season 2.
Not winning challenges is a credible strategy, it's just this series isn't understanding the strategic element at all. Will famously did that in BB2 USA, the first to use the HoH format, and the year before the Veto came in, so the core format was basically the same except with 12 HMs, 2 nominees a week and it all being live.

BB Aus is really missing the integral strategy element firstly by having the nominations straight after the challenge with no discussion, secondly by having the vote just hours later, which also rushes the process. Finally having the winner of one challenge be able to win the next keeps nominations quite short sighted too - in the US/Canada you cannot win HoH back to back so you have to consider your likelihood of being nominated the next week in making your nominations this week.

BB Aus is really missing the integral strategy element firstly by having the nominations straight after the challenge with no discussion, secondly by having the vote just hours later, which also rushes the process. Finally having the winner of one challenge be able to win the next keeps nominations quite short sighted too - in the US/Canada you cannot win HoH back to back so you have to consider your likelihood of being nominated the next week in making your nominations this week.

I like it how the nominations are done straight after the challenge though - saves us from listening to the 'i am your best friend please dont put me up PLEASE' nonsense that would come out of the mean girls who have only known each other for like 8 days lol.

I have noticed housemates from differing alliances colluding with each other for some reason over the last two nights. Think dan and chad during the chair challenge last night plus casey and chad during the twister challenge tonight.

The problem is if the intent is to revert to the US/CAN format then do it properly, not half-assed. If they want the show to be strategic moving forward then ensure the HMs are aware of how the game should be played and go hard with it. Our HMs really have no clue what “playing the game” actually means, especially when you compare them to the HGs from something like BBUS.

In regards to editing, the show desperately needs to find the balance between game content and social content. At the moment it is completely off and inconsistent. Sure there’s a structure, but even that is far too repetitive.

You would think Endemol would be a little more on top of making all this a priority across the entire franchise. I would be more than happy for a BBCAN style (both gameplay and edit) to be implemented here. It seems to have the best elements of BBUS with a fresher feel as well as things that a BBAU audience would be familiar with, all without losing the integrity of the strategic game.

Sadly I just can’t see it happening here. At least not with Amelia in charge.

I think we just saw Casey blow up her game. Too scared to take the heat so she takes the safe option.
It helps if you don’t swear things on your life and then go do that thing you swore you wouldn’t do. That was dumb.

Probably referring to Sarah winning the nomination challenge/getting some kind of advantage.. That's why I said she was likely safe from eviction tomorrow. Let's see if she is smart enough to put Dan and Mat up for eviction.
Somebody said about 20 posts before this that Kieran & Sarah were the first to fall as per preview so this seems impossible. Perhaps her power is in the swing vote or something, but to be honest I wouldn’t look too deep into the words as they are notoriously misleading.

I'm not going to lie, I am starting to become disinterested in the show. I'm not particularly captivated by anything going on. This is another episode where I am only half paying attention. Maybe not even that. Also splitting up watching some in the evening, the rest the next day while doing stuff online.

I'm not going to lie, I am starting to become disinterested in the show. I'm not particularly captivated by anything going on. This is another episode where I am only half paying attention. Maybe not even that. Also splitting up watching some in the evening, the rest the next day while doing stuff online.

I am the same. The days of Big Brother being event TV are long gone. Now I hold off on watching some episodes until the next day.

I am the same. The days of Big Brother being event TV are long gone. Now I hold off on watching some episodes until the next day.

For the last two episodes, I watched 30 mints at night, the rest the next day. The episodes are too long. If it was the same amount of content in smaller episodes spread throughout the week or even more content in smaller episodes. I don't think I'd have this issue.

It's not that I am not enjoying it, I am just not overly compelled at the moment.

Dry July may be a factor... lol

Reactions: kxk
For the last two episodes, I watched 30 mints at night, the rest the next day. The episodes are too long. If it was the same amount of content in smaller episodes spread throughout the week or even more content in smaller episodes. I don't think I'd have this issue.

It's not that I am not enjoying it, I am just not overly compelled at the moment.

Dry July may be a factor... lol
i would be far more interested in watching them have a dinner, from start to finish, than the scripted version. But according to Facebook, millennials don’t have time for that or something. Unfortunately the world has become all about being somewhere else, fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back