Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 14 Discussion (6 July)

Is Daniel a mongrel?

• Yes, he is awful

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • No, he is ok

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Hmm, he is a bit mixed

Votes: 16 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to all the things saying the words. From the lack of attention I give the show now because of how dull it is, this is the best my knowledge could describe things.

I don't think it's dull. It's quite exciting. Yes, there could be improvements like everything in life. But this isn't the worst show in the world.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking these threads since this season began (and was here in 2013 and 2014). Lifelong BB fan. It's getting super quiet here since the show jumped the shark last night. I remember reading months ago that the producers weren't happy with the housemates, that they were quite boring. I thought it was fake, because things were off to a good start. When Angela pulled that power move against Talia for example - GREAT TV. But yeah, it turned out to be true. There is no one to root for or against now? Literally the most boring people are left. Does anyone even have a favourite?

A major problem with the series is the fact that it pays NOT to win challenges. Kieran. Dan. Chad. In fact, everyone left have won the least challenges. Isn't this a fundamental flaw of the show? Playing strategically is to reliably not win a challenge because then no one sees you as a threat. Plus the fact that the challenges are predominantly physical is just not BB. I was under the impression at first that the challenges would start physical and then become more brain/puzzle based. But nope.

The fact that the show filtered out everyone interesting.. only to be left with THESE people needs to be fixed in season 2.

I don't think it's dull. It's quite exciting. Yes, there could be improvements like everything in life. But this isn't the worst show in the world.
I just find it dull because of the formula of what the episode is made up of. It's exactly the same day after day and just makes it feel like I've already seen the episode long ago and I've just forgotten most of it - even though I know I haven't.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking these threads since this season began (and was here in 2013 and 2014). Lifelong BB fan. It's getting super quiet here since the show jumped the shark last night. I remember reading months ago that the producers weren't happy with the housemates, that they were quite boring. I thought it was fake, because things were off to a good start. When Angela pulled that power move against Talia for example - GREAT TV. But yeah, it turned out to be true. There is no one to root for or against now? Literally the most boring people are left. Does anyone even have a favourite?

A major problem with the series is the fact that it pays NOT to win challenges. Kieran. Dan. Chad. In fact, everyone left have won the least challenges. Isn't this a fundamental flaw of the show? Playing strategically is to reliably not win a challenge because then no one sees you as a threat. Plus the fact that the challenges are predominantly physical is just not BB. I was under the impression at first that the challenges would start physical and then become more brain/puzzle based. But nope.

The fact that the show filtered out everyone interesting.. only to be left with THESE people needs to be fixed in season 2.
I genuinely fear for future seasons. It just concerns me the way Amelia, Sonia and other Seven PR talk about the show and its ratings, I worry they'll get too stuck in their ways to see past any flaws the show has - primarily to do with editing and the game structure.

We do know there's already a strong likelihood that season 13 will be longer, as well as rumours of an extra episode per week and possibly even a separation between evictions (which is great news), but I really do hope Seven/Endemol are willing to take onboard feedback about the episodic formula and mix it up. They really, really need to.

We can only hope.

I genuinely fear for future seasons. It just concerns me the way Amelia, Sonia and other Seven PR talk about the show and its ratings, I worry they'll get too stuck in their ways to see past any flaws the show has - primarily to do with editing and the game structure.

Season 2 will be sink or swim. They really are going to need to up their game. If it’s boring people will stop watching and the ratings will fall then BB will be cancelled. If they do this format right then this has the potential to last for many many years and become a staple to 7’s schedule.

I have a very important question. What happened to the baby in the stolen car???????
Not sure, but I'm sure Detective Ray is on the case. :cool:

raytopsbenjamin2.gif

Channel 9 didn’t listen and BB only lasted 3 years there. Hopefully 7 will learn from 9’s mistakes.

In the end they need to produce a good show to get people watching otherwise it will be a short run again.

Im shocked that I’m actually watching a new scene. It had been the same scenes since BB started. That old guy in hospital and the cop at the boys house investigating some break in.
Who knew they went out to dinner?!

This can be fixed by doing a public vote.

Hup!

It’s like watching Australians vote for shitty ass politicians. A duck could do a better job, sweethearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back