Skip to main content

BB21 Ratings Thread

I can't see tonight's episode having done very well...

It came 3rd in its timeslot in total viewers with 569k, Masterchef was only 2k in front. Celebrity Apprentice got 594k.

In the demos Big Brother was #1 in the 18-49 demo and #2 in the 16-39 demo (Masterchef beat it by 1k). None of the 3 reality shows made the top 5 in the 25-54 demo.

Despite the drop on last year it's clearly still competitive and Seven just haven't got things which will rate much better waiting in the wings, so it'll continue.

I have missed a lot of this season unfortunately and didn't bother to catch up, hopefully still stays though!

I'm really surprised at ratings and demos holding up.

This season has been an absolute drag. I find myself reluctantly watching and zoning out by the time the nomination challenge begins.

I'm not a fan of this iteration of BBAU, but last year's season was way more entertaining than this year's mess.

This season has been an absolute drag. I find myself reluctantly watching and zoning out by the time the nomination challenge begins.

I'm not a fan of this iteration of BBAU, but last year's season was way more entertaining than this year's mess.

This season has been much better. More people willing to make moves.

This season has been an absolute drag.
Holding up from a low base though - most people bailed in the first week but those who didn't seem to have stuck with it.

And yes bleachy_due, I thought State of Origin would knock far more off it and it would be lucky to break 400k, never mind 500k. Only about 10% of their audience is pretty decent and perhaps a sign that the networks shouldn't be so afraid of scheduling against sport, basically wiping Thursday and Friday from the schedules.

Holding up from a low base though - most people bailed in the first week but those who didn't seem to have stuck with it.

And yes bleachy_due, I thought State of Origin would knock far more off it and it would be lucky to break 400k, never mind 500k. Only about 10% of their audience is pretty decent and perhaps a sign that the networks shouldn't be so afraid of scheduling against sport, basically wiping Thursday and Friday from the schedules.
The only problem with that logic though is that 7 have sporting commitments of their own to air.

The race between MC, CA and BB in the ratings have been fairly interesting, neck and neck a lot of the time.
BB was the least impressive on Monday night. However, last night up against the finale of CA, BB actually beat the main show in total people (although the winner announced portion of CA rose to top spot in the time slot). BB was #2 in 25-54 demo behind CA Winner announced, but #1 in the two younger demos.
Highest Tues night ratings for BB since launch week and helped Seven to take the win for the night.

The race between MC, CA and BB in the ratings have been fairly interesting, neck and neck a lot of the time.
BB was the least impressive on Monday night. However, last night up against the finale of CA, BB actually beat the main show in total people (although the winner announced portion of CA rose to top spot in the time slot). BB was #2 in 25-54 demo behind CA Winner announced, but #1 in the two younger demos.
Surprised it did so well against CA.

I mean, I have zero interest in CA, but still, do beat a finale (aside from the winner announced segment) is great!!

Will be interesting to see how BB goes against Ninja Warrior next week. Is Katie on it this year?

Finale adjusted to 701,0000 and 804,000 for the winner announced. Not terrible, not amazing. At least theres an interest factor still in there with Big Brother. Obviously if changes were made the number could be higher. The series average of 660,000 (which is 20% down on 2020) could suggest last year only rated well due to curiosity of the show returning. The fact this series had an overall average higher than 2014 shocks me.

Finale adjusted to 701,0000 and 804,000 for the winner announced. Not terrible, not amazing. At least theres an interest factor still in there with Big Brother. Obviously if changes were made the number could be higher. The series average of 660,000 (which is 20% down on 2020) could suggest last year only rated well due to curiosity of the show returning. The fact this series had an overall average higher than 2014 shocks me.

Heavy lockdowns also would have assisted with numbers for last year I believe

Back