Skip to main content

BB2021 pushed back for Holey Moley

Brekkie

Staff member
Seven have announced Holey Moley will kick off their season, so likely BB will be pushed back a few weeks, though the delayed Aussie Open may complicate things and changed plans. I do think Holey Moley will flop hard, especially if airing 3-4 times a week, so if Seven wanted to give it it's best shot they could air it weekly and Big Brother the rest of the week, but they won't because Nine will be airing MAFS daily and Seven have to do what Nine are doing.

Free to air TV is almost dead anyway. Heaps of new shows like Plate of Origin and Pooch Perfect have been flopping lately.

I don’t think its a bad strategy to compete with MAFS, I think they’re severely overestimating how much people like 1. Mini Golf and 2. Rob Riggle

I do think Holey Moley will flop hard, especially if airing 3-4 times a week, so if Seven wanted to give it it's best shot they could air it weekly and Big Brother the rest of the week,

Holey Moley isn't the sort of show I watch, but I reckon it will do decent. I don't know about 3-4 times a week but if the episodes aren't drawn out too long and it's people doing ridiculous mini gold holes and being knocked in the water. Families will enjoy it.

Holey Moley isn't the sort of show I watch, but I reckon it will do decent. I don't know about 3-4 times a week but if the episodes aren't drawn out too long and it's people doing ridiculous mini gold holes and being knocked in the water. Families will enjoy it.
It flopped in the US after initial good ratings.

Although has done well enough to get a third season. It's ratings did half though during it's first run, but premiered around level with it's first season premiere second time around and held up stronger.

I just think the reliance on stripped reality formats makes it difficult to launch a show like this. It could work as part of a well balanced schedule with a variety of shows airing across the week, but we know that is not how Seven will schedule it.

It was inevitable. It might have had a chance if they'd kept it to an hour and aired it once a week but it is not a format desiged to be striped MAFS style.

Did anyone watch it?

As predicted an hour of weekly fun stretched out to 90 minutes three nights a week was never going to do it any favours. And Seven seem to have the similar but worse Ultimate Tag to follow it up - pretty much waving the white flag against MAFS. I'm guessing Dancing with the Stars will be squeezed in before Easter (Kruger again presumably!) with Big Brother not beginning till April/May.

Did anyone watch it?

As predicted an hour of weekly fun stretched out to 90 minutes three nights a week was never going to do it any favours. And Seven seem to have the similar but worse Ultimate Tag to follow it up - pretty much waving the white flag against MAFS. I'm guessing Dancing with the Stars will be squeezed in before Easter (Kruger again presumably!) with Big Brother not beginning till April/May.
We already know BB is likely slated for April so that sounds about right. DWTS-AS is a pretty good move imo, especially as it’s such a short run, so should be a decent lead-in to ramp up before BB.

Back