Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Better competition

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The competitive format

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pre-recorded months ago

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
Finale did even worse than I thought it would getting only 311k. 7 did not even bother with seperating the winners announcement segment in the ratings.

Oh good grief. Dead. Buried. Cremated. BB RIP.

I'm getting even more certain they will quit the show at conclusion of taping of the All Stars season now. Just need someone to check if the house (entry/yard) get disassembled, and also if the containers for the challenge area get removed. If they were going to tape another season next year they'd probably leave that area intact. The flimsy yard, not so sure, but maybe they'd retain that because of the pool.

ZOMGLOL Monday, in BBVIP's previous slot, Border Patrol drew 449k, followed by a double episode of Motorway Patrol which scored 396k and 370k.

Airing on Seven right now, Unbelievable Moments Caught on Camera. I'll report back tomorrow.

Tuesday, Unbelievable Moments Caught on Camera: 395k.

So instead of another BBVIP next year we'll probably get Cats That Make You Laugh Out Loud etc.

Seven trying to brush off BB:VIP as something only commissioned to fill a gap in the schedule left by Australia's Got Talent being cancelled.

When AGT was pulled from 2021 Seven pivoted to Big Brother: VIP which Ross says could be confidently filmed during precarious pandemic conditions.

“We had a mechanism where we could get a series of Big Brother and that we could produce under COVID conditions and choices were limited. We’re disappointed in the numbers, but you still go into it thinking you can get the show to resonate and and for whatever reason it hasn’t,” he continues.

“I’m still very confident about our series next year with the ‘All Stars’ angle we’ve got. I think when it returns it’s going to do very well. But yeah, this one didn’t resonate as we’d hoped.”

Seven trying to brush off BB:VIP as something only commissioned to fill a gap in the schedule left by Australia's Got Talent being cancelled.
lol. It seems plausible until sources from the Wikipedia page of all places completely debunk it.

Announced March 30th, then AGT was axed June 29th. So not sure how they think those two events happened at the same time since the June COVID outbreak that caused AGT to get canceled happened in, well, June.

Last edited:
lol. It seems plausible until sources from the Wikipedia page of all places completely debunk it.

Announced March 30th, then AGT was axed June 29th. So not sure how they think those two events happened at the same time since the June COVID outbreak that caused AGT to get canceled happened in, well, June.
Well it wasn't like Caitlyn, Omarosa and whasisface dropped everything at the drop of a hat to fly to Australia to rescue Seven's schedule.

I dunno, I think this might be a slight misreading due to ambiguity. Rather than talking about the commission, I believe he’s referring to how AGT could have been originally scheduled to air before BBVIP despite the fact that BB was filmed earlier.

ie. “We had a mechanism where we could get a series of Big Brother (on air during AGT’s originally planned timeslot) and that we could produce under COVID conditions and choices were limited.”

Also, that unexpected familiar face in the comments of the article 🙃

I dunno, I think this might be a slight misreading due to ambiguity. Rather than talking about the commission, I believe he’s referring to how AGT could have been originally scheduled to air before BBVIP despite the fact that BB was filmed earlier.

ie. “We had a mechanism where we could get a series of Big Brother (on air during AGT’s originally planned timeslot) and that we could produce under COVID conditions and choices were limited.”

Also, that unexpected familiar face in the comments of the article 🙃
It’s still bullshit no matter how put it… BBVIP would have rated terribly no matter where it fell in the schedule.

It’s still bullshit no matter how put it… BBVIP would have rated terribly no matter where it fell in the schedule.
I agree, but in the interest of playing devil’s advocate, it’s also possible that it could’ve had a better promotional cycle or better passes at editing.

Back