Skip to main content

BB US Season 19: Summer of Temptation

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Big Brother 19’s twist: temptations and consequences

CBS announced the season-opening twist for Big Brother 19, and BB19 will be a “Summer of Temptation,” offering contestants temptations “that could give them money, power and safety in the game,” though each has a consequence.

Houseguests will apparently be tempted in a special room called the Den of Temptation, and the first person to be tempted (and the others, too?) will be chosen by viewer votes.

This is a remarkably straightforward twist and one that seems like it has a lot of potential—assuming the temptations don’t introduce massive inequity and imbalance into the game, like so many of Big Brother’s previous twists.

It’s maybe a little risky: it’s possible the cast could not opt for the temptations. But presumably the consequence of that would simply be a normal week of Big Brother, and hurrah for that.

In the press release announcing the twist, executive producer Rich Meehan said, “this summer we are testing the Houseguests like never before. There are so many different paths the game could take this season depending on what the Houseguests choose to do. With so many unknowns, we are excited to see how it all plays out.”

The house’s design reflects the them, as you can see in the video below, and includes apples, snakes, and money.

Hello Mister! Is there any way I can watch it here in Oz? I have had a YouTube search and can't find anything.

Other video sites are available.

Not sold on the cast yet but do like how they've taken what is actually a fairly simple twist and then incorporated it into virtually every element of the game. Obviously this is CBS and by week 3 they'll have probably forgotten about it but so far so good - though I would say the premiere felt a bit pointless. It was essentially a separate one off game and the show itself really didn't begin till episode 2.

Not sold on the cast yet but do like how they've taken what is actually a fairly simple twist and then incorporated it into virtually every element of the game. Obviously this is CBS and by week 3 they'll have probably forgotten about it but so far so good - though I would say the premiere felt a bit pointless. It was essentially a separate one off game and the show itself really didn't begin till episode 2.

I actually like this cast... They seem fairly normal, less obnoxious, and more mature than in previous years... I agree with you on the twist... That said the only way I see BB ditching it early is if it starts to become redundant and getting in the way of the progression of the show... I think they've really found a winner in this twist so I'd be surprised if they suddenly dropped it... As for the premier I actually didn't mind it although it was a bit fast paced... IMO if they needed a first week eviction they handled it better than BBCAN cramming an entire weeks worth of content into two episodes...

Hello Mister! Is there any way I can watch it here in Oz? I have had a YouTube search and can't find anything.

YouTube is the shits for trying to watch anything these days... Like Brekkie said I'd try finding an alternative "tube" site or torrent it...

Thank you naughty boy, I will try and torrent it. I am a full techno tard, my son had to write me step by step instructions on how to illegally download. The fact I still refer to it as "illegally downloading" further demonstrates my point...

:laugh:

Thank you naughty boy, I will try and torrent it. I am a full techno tard, my son had to write me step by step instructions on how to illegally download. The fact I still refer to it as "illegally downloading" further demonstrates my point...

:laugh:
Sent you a PM with a place to watch[DOUBLEPOST=1499868288][/DOUBLEPOST]Am enjoying this series so far,cant wait for Cody to be evicted.

Paul and the producer's interference is ruining it. He would have been evicted straight away without their help.

This weeks Veto Comp is one of the best they've done in years - the show is so much better when it has a bit of originality rather than reusing the same comps year after year, and as with most things in TV the simplest concepts are the best. It was essentially an observation quiz, but get a question wrong and you have to complete a challenge before moving on.

Paul and the producer's interference is ruining it. He would have been evicted straight away without their help.

Just because a twist in the game "helped" Paul doesn't mean production had "interfered" whatsoever... Production clearly stated what the twist would entail going in to this series AND production clearly explained what impact the power would have before the public voted to award the power...

Just because a twist in the game "helped" Paul doesn't mean production had "interfered" whatsoever... Production clearly stated what the twist would entail going in to this series AND production clearly explained what impact the power would have before the public voted to award the power...

So? It was obvious he was going in, there's no way that every HG would turn down 25,000, on top of that they had anonymity anyway.

Then he was able to give out 'friendship' bracelets to try and get some on his side.

Several people they chose to go in the house were already big fans of his apparently.

The edit has largely been about him so far.

Plus he was always going to win that vote for such a ridiculously big advantage and the producers knew it, he took part in the season before and so will obviously have a bigger fanbase that all the others who are new to the BB audience. It was the most predictable result ever. A fairer way would have been to at least have people able to submit negative votes as well as positive, then those who didn't want him to get all the power could have negated it.

This weeks Veto Comp is one of the best they've done in years - the show is so much better when it has a bit of originality rather than reusing the same comps year after year, and as with most things in TV the simplest concepts are the best. It was essentially an observation quiz, but get a question wrong and you have to complete a challenge before moving on.

It was good but negated by the fact that it was completely under Paul's control and so not really competed for. The problem of the random draw result for veto deciding an eviction early happens again.

It was good but negated by the fact that it was completely under Paul's control and so not really competed for. The problem of the random draw result for veto deciding an eviction early happens again.

Once again production were upfront about the twist before it happened... Just because the twist helped someone along in the game doesn't mean they were interfering... You're only upset because the outcome of the twist didn't go the way you wanted it to... Now change your panties and get over it...

tin.jpg

So no surprise Battle Back is back - it worked quite successfully for them last year and we all know with BBUSA is fans seem to like something it'll return every year for the rest of eternity.

What they haven't clarified is what happens if this weeks temptation, the Halting Hex, is used, which would mean no eviction this week. Presumably the Battle Back becomes just for the first three evictees, although possible they make an evictee returning a consequence of a temptation. Of course though they'll take it (we all know the temptations are set up on the presumption they'll take them), and an evictee will return.

So no surprise Battle Back is back - it worked quite successfully for them last year and we all know with BBUSA is fans seem to like something it'll return every year for the rest of eternity.

What they haven't clarified is what happens if this weeks temptation, the Halting Hex, is used, which would mean no eviction this week. Presumably the Battle Back becomes just for the first three evictees, although possible they make an evictee returning a consequence of a temptation. Of course though they'll take it (we all know the temptations are set up on the presumption they'll take them), and an evictee will return.

Julie said something at the end of the last episode to the effect of having the HG's doing something to stop the battle back from happening...

Sent you a PM with a place to watch[DOUBLEPOST=1499868288][/DOUBLEPOST]Am enjoying this series so far,cant wait for Cody to be evicted.
Oh my Lord!

Thank you SO much for that link! I am going to binge watch old seasons!

For you -----> :kiss:

Back